CBS issues (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Both parties new it wasn’t being maintained. Since the concert it was in a state and no money was being spent on it at all

So because Boddy didn't say anything publicly until the first home game it means nothing was said at all to Wasps?

Reactions: PVA

NorthernWisdom

Both parties new it wasn’t being maintained. Since the concert it was in a state and no money was being spent on it at all
Yeah, what's being missed is that of course it's ultimately Wasps' fault.

However, if they really can't pay to do anything, the consequence of us sitting on our hands is we end up with no income yet wages going out and, with us already on an edge financially, that won't help us going forward, especially with keeping Gyokeres (currently our most saleable asset I'd guess!) and, for that matter, managing to receive market value for him if we did sell.

And, of course, if he does go against the manager's wishes, that increases the chances of the manager walking too.

Now, unlike you, I'm not going to criticise Dave Bpddy or others for sitting on their hands, as I really don't know. What I *do* know is we're very much in danger of being in a position of proving we're right, but starving ourselves of income in the process too. That's a... brave strategy at its most generous.

Mcbean

This is a right fuckfest - you couldn’t make it up - any new pitch will be ready for that World Cup game for sure . It’s just a question of who is getting their money out !

Grendel

So because Boddy didn't say anything publicly until the first home game it means nothing was said at all to Wasps?

It was fairly obvious from May 13 there was going to be no money spent on anything regarding the ground by wasps holdings

Grendel

What options do the club have though?

There are independent experts saying it's unsafe, it's not as if it's just a bit shit and we are moaning that we can't play our style of football on it.

It is clear Steve and Dave and their lovely bromance has hit the buffers.

No one knows when this fallout occurred but it if was me once may 13 occurred I’d have used some budget to pay for any repairs needed to get it to a playable standard - some figure of £100,000 was quoted to achieve that

NorthernWisdom

What options do the club have though?

There are independent experts saying it's unsafe, it's not as if it's just a bit shit and we are moaning that we can't play our style of football on it.
That's what comes down to I really don't know if they've sat on their hands until this point.

There is the very real possibility that we could indeed have paid for better maintenance / repairs / new pitch etc. If that makes us more viable it may very well not have been the fair option, but it may have been the right option for the club. Even, plans to play elsewhere / sort away games only etc. Now we ultimately really don't know what efforts were made, so it's unfair to either blame or praise really as they may well have busted a gut to try and resolve or... they may not.

But all that applies now, for that matter. What's actually going on ref: the pitch now? It seems we're back to the days of finger pointing all over the place, where we need somebody to do something, even if in a Father Ted type of way. If the pitch is unsafe, as you say that's a bit more than it being a bit shit, so how long to make it safe? if we reverse games with other clubs for a bit, how unsafe will it be in March, or whenever we play eleventy billion home games in a row? And, of course, reversing games will cost us cash flow.

But it's clear, even now, we need some kind of plan ourselves for the mdeium term, we're currently lurching short term and hoping it works itself out. If we accept Wasps are shits and won't spend anything that's well and good, but what's *our* plan off the back of that beyond heading for mediation and, off the back of that, potential litigation?

Nick

Administrator
It is clear Steve and Dave and their lovely bromance has hit the buffers.

No one knows when this fallout occurred but it if was me once may 13 occurred I’d have used some budget to pay for any repairs needed to get it to a playable standard - some figure of £100,000 was quoted to achieve that

So the club should have spent £100k to repair it before it was then used for 2 concerts and 60 odd rugby matches?

Surely the repair cost would have been factored in to what they charged the CWG?

D

Deleted member 2477

It was fairly obvious from May 13 there was going to be no money spent on anything regarding the ground by wasps holdings
What happened to the 5 million they were given by the local enterprise partnership for stadium improvements ?
looks like the main and most important thing the stadium has didnt see any of that money not to mention the money received from the CWG

rexo87

I agree but with everything going on, the club/sisu should say, we will pay for this 500k lay and play turf (It takes apparently a week) and we will bill you for this. At the minute, sisu are playing hardball (as they always) hoping wasps will go into admin. Short term sisu are killing the club again long term who knows what the outcome will be.
Wasps would have to agree to this and they clearly wouldnt

Grendel

So the club should have spent £100k to repair it before it was then used for 2 concerts and 60 odd rugby matches?

It was 5 rugby matches

If you evaluate the risk of not doing it 100% yes as alarm bells had to be going off that wasps could end up with a receiver being called in. You do realise if that happens now we are dead?

Nick

Administrator
It was 5 rugby matches

If you evaluate the risk of not doing it 100% yes as alarm bells had to be going off that wasps could end up with a receiver being called in. You do realise if that happens now we are dead?

No, it was 60 odd.

That is also presuming Wasps would be OK with us just rocking up with pitch companies and carrying out work on the pitch.

If Wasps die, it doesn't mean we do. Quit with the scare mongering and tell your mate Maton to grow a fucking backbone as the mayor and do something ;)

D

Deleted member 2477

Surely the repair cost would have been factored in to what they charged the CWG?
And repaired the damage inflicted on it by wasps allowing these events which only they profited from but the football club should pay 😂

GIMOC

Wasps would have to agree to this and they clearly wouldnt

who says they wouldn’t? if I was sisu I would be demanding the pitch is laid and would foot the cost. 500k shouldn’t be a lot of money for a championship team to lay and play as the phrase is being used.

Nick

Administrator
who says they wouldn’t? if I was sisu I would be demanding the pitch is laid and would foot the cost. 500k shouldn’t be a lot of money for a championship team to lay and play as the phrase is being used.

£500k shouldn't be a lot for the Richest Rugby Club in Europe who were just given £5m in a grant to improve the stadium to be able to host the CWG. (Before the rental charges).

Another new strange account though just to push something. Try harder.

GIMOC

£500k shouldn't be a lot for the Richest Rugby Club in Europe who were just given £5m in a grant to improve the stadium to be able to host the CWG. (Before the rental charges).

Another new strange account though just to push something. Try harder.

we all know wasps are in the shit and most likely be in admin within the next month. sisu know this and now playing hardball (like I said before) putting the club in the shit again for the short term at least and who knows how this latest debacle will affect the team/club in the long term.

Tommo1993

No winners in this. What a state. Fans are the biggest losers.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
we all know wasps are in the shit and most likely be in admin within the next month. sisu know this and now playing hardball (like I said before) putting the club in the shit again for the short term at least and who knows how this latest debacle will affect the team/club in the long term.

How is it playing Hardball?

An independent expert from the EFL has ruled the pitch unsafe FFS.

If Wasps do some work to get it safe (not saying Wembley carpet) then the games will have to be played there.

It's as simple as that, fuck off with your account just to try and push an agenda as well.

fatso

You would of thought that Wasps would of factored in a major fee for pitch renovation when they agreed to rent the arena to the CWG.
Surely someone at CCFC, should be asking how much money was made out of the short term lease. And what happened to the money they received?

GIMOC

How is it playing Hardball?

An independent expert from the EFL has ruled the pitch unsafe FFS.

If Wasps do some work to get it safe (not saying Wembley carpet) then the games will have to be played there.

It's as simple as that, fuck off with your account just to try and push an agenda as well.

seriously can’t you see what the plan for sisu is? they are waiting for the day (which will happen sooner rather than later) wasps go into admin and lose the ground. Wasps decline has been no secret for months now. if wasps told the club back in May the pitch won’t be relaid then the club should have took matters into their own hands. Instead they’ve sat back and witness this explode. Knowing the consequences for wasps but ultimately the team it’s affected and the people the most is us again. Just as when sisu left the ground 10 years ago. It all started then and we’re in this position now because of it. Sisu don’t invest in the club. They have no love for the club. They are spiting the club and the fans to kick wasps into touch (excuse the pun)

Nick

Administrator
seriously can’t you see what the plan for sisu is? they are waiting for the day (which will happen sooner rather than later) wasps go into admin and lose the ground. Wasps decline has been no secret for months now. if wasps told the club back in May the pitch won’t be relaid then the club should have took matters into their own hands. Instead they’ve sat back and witness this explode. Knowing the consequences for wasps but ultimately the team it’s affected and the people the most is us again. Just as when sisu left the ground 10 years ago. It all started then and we’re in this position now because of it. Sisu don’t invest in the club. They have no love for the club. They are spiting the club and the fans to kick wasps into touch (excuse the pun)

Matters into their own hands, how?

You are trying to push the same shit as Maton that the football club could just turn up and pay for a new pitch.

Wasps get the pitch safe to play on and games will have to be played there.

Let's face it, you have signed up on here because people are being nasty to Wasps and you want to make it all about big bad SISU. It isn't fucking 2014, you stand out like a sore thumb.

MalcSB

I agree but with everything going on, the club/sisu should say, we will pay for this 500k lay and play turf (It takes apparently a week) and we will bill you for this. At the minute, sisu are playing hardball (as they always) hoping wasps will go into admin. Short term sisu are killing the club again long term who knows what the outcome will be.
Wasps can’t afford the repayments
have SISU got that sort of money that isn’t already accounted for, given no cash coming in.

shmmeee

Not really weeks is it. Look on the ground staffs twitter feed. Pitch looked fine before the CWG, sure we all know in an ideal world it needed replacing but I don't buy into this 'Wasp said they weren't replacing the pitch therefore we knew it would be unsafe' idea.

It wasn't until 29th July that people started flagging potential issues and we've been told that by point there were issues with access to the ground due to the security lockdown. The CWG 7s didn't finish until 31st and by the 5th there had been a ref in to inspect the pitch.

At most all you can really question the club on is what happened the Monday to Thursday of that week but we don't even know if the club had access to that stadium for that period.

Ah maybe preseason made it feel like weeks. I thought the rugby started a month ago for some reason. Even so unless there were discussions in the background we’re not privy to we could’ve mentioned it earlier, every day counts for this really.

If we have to pay for a pitch then try and sue them for the cash/push them into admin then fair enough, my worry is another season wasted on he said she said. Ultimately as much as it pisses us off we need a pitch and seemingly have no leverage with Wasps. Any ground move will cost far more than us eating the cost of the pitch. It’s a shit sandwich but I don’t see any way past eating it and hoping Wasps go pop or we can sue them for losses or both.

Nick

Administrator
Ah maybe preseason made it feel like weeks. I thought the rugby started a month ago for some reason. Even so unless there were discussions in the background we’re not privy to we could’ve mentioned it earlier, every day counts for this really.

If we have to pay for a pitch then try and sue them for the cash/push them into admin then fair enough, my worry is another season wasted on he said she said. Ultimately as much as it pisses us off we need a pitch and seemingly have no leverage with Wasps. Any ground move will cost far more than us eating the cost of the pitch. It’s a shit sandwich but I don’t see any way past eating it and hoping Wasps go pop or we can sue them for losses or both.

So what happens if we pay for a pitch and then force them into admin? With a pitch we had just paid for?

shmmeee

We pay rent to use a football pitch and we haven't been provided one.

We kept our end of the bargain and Wasps didn't keep their end.

They need to sort it, anything else is deflecting and absolute fucking cowardice.

And when they claim poverty and refuse?

fatso

Total nonsense. SISU's stance regarding ACL is well documented, but to suggest they don't support the club is just plain rediculous.

As your clearly a rugby fan you may have missed the miraculous resurgence we've witnessed under MR (our manager) and our rise from footballing oblivion (the old fourth division) to the top half of the championship, and genuine play off contenders. (And 2 Wembley victories and league 1 champions along the way)
All this was achieved BECAUSE of the support and backing that MR received from SISU. Every Coventrian knows the errors that they made, and is all to well aware of SISU'S many mistakes along the way, but to suggest they are not behind the club is, quite frankly absurd.

Contrast, if you will, the resurgence of CCFC over the last 5 years, with the fortunes of Wasps over the same period.

And remind us which club has just seen record season ticket sales!!!

Users who are viewing this thread