Match Thread Cardiff (1 Viewer)

Grendel

A comparison to someone who managed us 15 years ago when championship spending was different to how it is now?!

Not really robins has had more money than any manager by a mile since relegation to league 1 - he spent more money on a loan in league two then we spent on any signings in the first two or three seasons upon relegation

Jamesimus

Not really robins has had more money than any manager by a mile since relegation to league 1 - he spent more money on a loan in league two then we spent on any signings in the first two or three seasons upon relegation

Oh right. I suppose we should be comparing our wage bill and transfer spending to CCFC managers of the past rather than the teams around us, good call.

shmmeee

What’s that? Our budget in the Championship is higher than since the last time we were in the Championship?

Shocking.

Grendel

Oh right. I suppose we should be comparing our wage bill and transfer spending to CCFC managers of the past rather than the teams around us, good call.

Well it’s in response to someone whose praises two promotions on a shoe String budget

Grendel

What’s that? Our budget in the Championship is higher than since the last time we were in the Championship?

Shocking.

That’s not what I was replying to

Grendel

Our player wages are currently higher than the player wages of the 1924 Huddersfield side that won the 1st Division (now the Premier League). Ridiculous that we're not doing better.

Again not what I said and also pointless - if the manager can’t improve the position of the club in relation to budgets then we may as well appoint the cheapest manager we can

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Robins CWR -

“poorest performance of season ref allowed them to kick O’Hare off the pitch we gave them the goals can’t do it and expect to draw or win games,too many non performers,very disappointing last 15-20 we started to create but was too late at 2-0 still a way back in,wasn’t enough,at times we miss 2 up front 100% agree with it,we need more scrapping,fighting we’re looking for protection from officials,we Have to be able to cope,fight & scrap it was too easy for them,really angry about it,21 chances on goal flatters us,leo knocks marko out the way for their second rose needed to take a whack for it,3rd goal we turned away it’s a disgrace a disgraceful goal...Callum O’Hare kickedoff the pitch another game mid week,what ever I do we need a fighting performance who everplays has gotta roll their sleeves up,looking for a reaction

Considering the trial playing Shipley at left back, how on earth can we have players rolling their sleeves up and giving a reaction in the next game? We are already starting with 10 men if he starts.

People can talk about budgets and individual mistakes all they like. I have lost count this season when tactics, game plans, personell and substitutions have been commented on because they have been an incorrect move.

We were shocking today, but the games we have been competing in have been thrown away due to approach.

I'm not saying sack Robins, but he needs to be held account for a lot of what is going wrong.

johnwillomagic

I think we move on swiftly from this game it simply wasn't good enough - trying to think what we could do against Norwich who pay a 4-2-3-1......
I think probably our best chance is to play 4-3-3 the 3 trying to nullify their 3 very good players for that I'd go Hamer, Sheaf, james.....a bit tricky juggling the 4 in defence I would get Fadz back somehow........Wilson back in goal for me.

Wilson

Osti Fadz Rose McCallum

Hamer James Sheaf

O'Hare Walker Gyo

It will be very tough but think that's our best xi to try to get something - there defence is not that great it's just being able to get to their defence!!

Grendel

But he has done that, consistently the last few years.

And has in those divisions had far more money to spend than other managers in those divisions

Now he’s at the lower end of spend do like the likes of Gould, mackay, Sexton, Milne etc his job is to engineer survival

Grendel

He has improved the position of club...

If we are relegated he’s improved nothing and we will lose most of the decent players we have

shmmeee

And has in those divisions had far more money to spend than other managers in those divisions

Now he’s at the lower end of spend do like the likes of Gould, mackay, Sexton, Milne etc his job is to engineer survival

You think we had the highest budget in the division last season?

Colin Steins Smile

Again not what I said and also pointless - if the manager can’t improve the position of the club in relation to budgets then we may as well appoint the cheapest manager we can
We tried appointing the cheapest manager before ....he was called Slade . That worked well ! Not!

Terry Gibson's perm

All he gave us was a goal?

Let’s be realistic he missed it as he would have loved to have disallowed it, he was weak and missed foul after foul. He wasn’t a cheat but blatantly isn’t up to the job and should be further down the leagues.

Great_Expectations

If we are relegated he’s improved nothing and we will lose most of the decent players we have

You are desperate to justify that embarrassment of a Taxi thread.

Today was terrible, MR is not the perfect manager, but he doesn’t need to go. If we were rock bottom, playing terribly with no signs of hope then you may have more reason for your constant narrative.

Even if we go down, not sure you can argue he hasn’t improved us.

I’m sure you’ll come back with a redirect, and a comment that you haven’t specifically said he should go, but your messaging says different.

Nick

Administrator
What's the point then Steve, it's like Wycombe winning now when they're hopelessly adrift. Give a fuck when there's a chance to effect (deliberate 'e') the result. If Robins identifies that lots of players weren't at the races why did he keep all of them on in the same shape? At least get minutes into Sheaf and Walker
Its like when he says players are tired but then just keeps playing them all the time.

speedie87

I think we move on swiftly from this game it simply wasn't good enough - trying to think what we could do against Norwich who pay a 4-2-3-1......
I think probably our best chance is to play 4-3-3 the 3 trying to nullify their 3 very good players for that I'd go Hamer, Sheaf, james.....a bit tricky juggling the 4 in defence I would get Fadz back somehow........Wilson back in goal for me.

Wilson

Osti Fadz Rose McCallum

Hamer James Sheaf

O'Hare Walker Gyo

It will be very tough but think that's our best xi to try to get something - there defence is not that great it's just being able to get to their defence!!

McCallum can’t play v Norwich tho!

Offhegoes

McCallum really needs a spell out of the team. He wastes possession constantly and creates little on the left side. I’d prefer to give Shipley a go there next game as I presume Reid is not fit yet. Sure it will be Walker up front in his own against Norwich, when we need to start attacking games from the off as we’re out good enough defensively to play it tight.

Grendel

You think we had the highest budget in the division last season?

No I didn’t say that either and I’m pretty certain Wycombe didn’t - he certainly had greater transfer flexibility than Mowbray - I’m not really sure what budget means in the context people refer to - I’d assume people think Sunderland had a big budget but to me it was a big liability of fixed cost and very little wriggle room

stevefloyd

We started quite well but after 15 mins we let them take control and bully us, ref just stood and watched them constantly foul anyone who went past them and then kick the ball away and did absolutely jack shit

Users who are viewing this thread