Match Thread Cardiff (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
In the important areas we were but 21 shots away from home, 66% possession and home team scoring three from three in target also tells its another tale (think they dropped off after the third but crazy errors aside I think we’re in the game - said that so many times this season though !)
Watching the game tells you the tale. I could have 100 shots in a game and it means nothing at all.

Magwitch

On a day like today only thing to do is look for any positives the big ones are Birmingham and Huddersfield losing home games they would have been expecting to win. We picked up second half could have scored more goals but I accept Cardiff eased off a bit after their joke of a third goal. Walker looked fit at last Robins needs to partner him not Max i’m afraid works hard but missed another half decent chance today at a time we might have been able to ask questions of Cardiff’s dodgy defence. So is it Gyo or push O’Hare further forward
So Norwich next tough one, I would take 0-0 now.
Talking Marosi I’m questioning his fitness, wearing a mask doesn’t cure his dreadful injury it has to be still a problem just looks hesitant to me opposition will suss that.

Blind-Faith

In the important areas we were but 21 shots away from home, 66% possession and home team scoring three from three in target also tells its another tale (think they dropped off after the third but crazy errors aside I think we’re in the game - said that so many times this season though !)

Ps still hoping this is just our dip and other teams around us purple patch.

Edit - 18th time we’ve hit the woodwork today. Lucks got to change.... surely !!!
The important area is the score board, fuck the stats , this isn’t MNF with Gary Neville talking bollocks or football manager , shove your stats up your fucking arse. We were shit for 90 minutes and got beat 3-1, that’s the only fucking stat that matters!

Brighton Sky Blue

On a day like today only thing to do is look for any positives the big ones are Birmingham and Huddersfield losing home games they would have been expecting to win. We picked up second half could have scored more goals but I accept Cardiff eased off a bit after their joke of a third goal. Walker looked fit at last Robins needs to partner him not Max i’m afraid works hard but missed another half decent chance today at a time we might have been able to ask questions of Cardiff’s dodgy defence. So is it Gyo or push O’Hare further forward
So Norwich next tough one, I would take 0-0 now.
Talking Marosi I’m questioning his fitness, wearing a mask doesn’t cure his dreadful injury it has to be still a problem just looks hesitant to me opposition will suss that.

I would take 0-1 and them leaving us alone

hamil99

Facebook User
I’d be pleased with 1 quite frankly.

QUOTE="DazzleTommyDazzle, post: 2199703, member: 1992"]

Get what we can (if anything) from those 4 and then the season proper starts in March!

[/QUOTE]

If we get 3 I'd be really happy. 1 to 0 is what I'm expecting. I feel it will be a difficult month. Hopefully walker scores goals and proves us all wrong.

Nick

Administrator
Ostis header against bar, max wide from four yards...these aren’t random 20 yard shots. Said before though...you’re not clinical in this league and you’re punished !
How many were O'Hare putting them out the ground? Keeper didn't really need to get dirty did he?

The ref was shocking, up there with the worst this season and we can't even blame him.

Magwitch

This was always a month where finishing it out of the bottom three is a plus Norwich, Brentford, Swansea and Blackburn to come, we won’t lose them all.
Looking at the up and coming championship fixtures coming up it really is a week by week, match by match basis, hiding to nothing v Norwich and Brentford but sometimes these are the games we thrive in.

Brighton Sky Blue

This was always a month where finishing it out of the bottom three is a plus Norwich, Brentford, Swansea and Blackburn to come, we won’t lose them all.
Looking at the up and coming championship fixtures coming up it really is a week by week, match by match basis, hiding to nothing v Norwich and Brentford but sometimes these are the games we thrive in.

Just show some fucking fight is all I ask.

CCFCSteve

How many were O'Hare putting them out the ground? Keeper didn't really need to get dirty did he?

The ref was shocking, up there with the worst this season and we can't even blame him.

Yeah, the one that went out for a throw was a low moment (even for possibly the worst shooter at the club !) However, there was a still plenty that could’ve gone in. Not trying to defend the performance (terrible defensive errors and not clinical in front of goal) but wasn’t some kind of battering some are making out.

Brighton Sky Blue

You don’t think they did at 3-0 down BSB ?! Need to show some balls (attacking the game) when we’re 0-0

What's the point then Steve, it's like Wycombe winning now when they're hopelessly adrift. Give a fuck when there's a chance to effect (deliberate 'e') the result. If Robins identifies that lots of players weren't at the races why did he keep all of them on in the same shape? At least get minutes into Sheaf and Walker

speedie87

We needed someone to get in the refs ear today, and have a whinge up over the number of fouls and demand he booked people. That NG should have been booked for the number of fouls and Morrison before he booked him, did flint get away with his hack down of biamou too?

theferret

Very fustrating afternoon, but some serious overreactions here.

Of course, possession stats and efforts on goal mean nothing in the context of the game, but they do at least suggest we're not being outclassed, and also that we will remain competitive as we reach the business end of the season.

We go down, then it'll be gutting, but let's not be knee-jerk. We stick with MR, he's earned that. As if individual errors, injuries and hitting the woodwork 18 times are down to him. A couple of those games go the other way and we're sitting midtable. Fine margins. We need what, 19 points from 17 games? We have it in our locker to achieve that.

Rugby Sky Blue

Of course, possession stats and efforts on goal mean nothing in the context of the game, but they do at least suggest we're not being outclassed, and also that we will remain competitive as we reach the business end of the season.

We go down, then it'll be gutting, but let's not be knee-jerk. We stick with MR, he's earned that. As if individual errors, injuries and hitting the woodwork 18 times are down to him. A couple of those games go the other way and we're sitting midtable. Fine margins. We need what, 19 points from 17 games? We have it in our locker to achieve that.
I dont think people are overreacting people are rightly concerned about relegation. We just are not good enough to win games, we have no cutting edge what so ever. Cardiff was a game we simply had to get something from considering our upcoming games and we got slapped.

Grendel

That was all he gave us, if you don’t think Morrison got away with again today you must have watched another game.

We were dreadful but weak refereeing didn’t help.

All he gave us was a goal?

Dirk Turpin

My takeaways from today

Wilson if fit should start before Marosi for time being until he's over his injury.

Biamou isn't good enough to lead the line if we play 1 up top. His hold up play and movement isn't good enough to link the midfield with the attack, and he becomes isolated and ends up being easy to defend.

O'Hare, very good today on the ball, needs to shave his head or grow a beard like Bannan so ref's give fouls against him.

We need to play the right team against physical sides, Allen shouldn't have started before Sheaf for me and McFadz should be starting, if fit, against teams with robust strikers.

Walker looked sharp it will be a massive boost if stays fit for rest of season.

Grendel

How are Cardiff 7th? They're fucking awful. Sure they were around us a couple of weeks ago.

Because they win games and have a manager whose pretty rock solid at digging results out in this division

Grendel

And Mark Robins had won 2 promotions and another trophy in 4 years you fucking c**t - and he’s done it on a shoestring budget.

A shoestring budget in which he’s spent more money on signings than a manager since Micky Adams

Nick

Administrator

We were 3-0 down though, it isn't like we drew 0-0 and had loads of decisions go against us and missed a pen.

If we had tried to win games like when we played Birmingham we might be sitting a bit higher too, instead we have been far too keen to try and play for a draw against absolutely dreadful teams.

People were over the moon about that and saying "thats a good point" but they are the teams we should have beaten on the day because they were awful but we wanted to take the draw.

Users who are viewing this thread