Match Thread Cardiff (1 Viewer)

cov1975

My guess at starting line up is:

Marosi,
Dabo Osti McFadz Hyam McCallum
Hamer Kelly Sheaf
O'Hare
Walker

However, I trust MR & AV to give us the best chance of a positive result with the available players
I agree I think that will be the starting line up.But I look at that side and see no real pace (apart from walker)I think we need some pace in team to help push opposition back ,to give 3 in midfield some space .

Irish Sky Blue

I think that if he goes back to wing backs then Giles will start. The only game that I felt McCallum was found wanting a little was the Watford game in the second half and that was more his defensive frailties as the winger they had went past him a few times.
We have been guilty of lots of individual errors that have cost us goals. However that stat of 8 goals conceded in the last 15 minutes of games I think is significant. I have felt that we have started to run out of steam in the latter part of the second half in a few games this season. Against Bristol City, Middlesbrough and Watford in particular I felt we were getting more stretched and open as the game went on. Perhaps this is the time to maybe pull our horns in in games and settle for what we have got after playing a more attacking line up to begin with. That second goal against Watford still grieves me as it was such a poor simple goal to concede. We never seem to score goals like that and have to work so hard for the ones we do score.

fernandopartridge

I am afraid this is another bogey fixture! I don't think we took a single point off this lot during our miserable tenure in the Championship last time around. Whilst past performance is no guide to future performance I am told, it does not augur well that three other bogey teams from the past Watford, Bristol City and Nottingham Forest have carried on from where they left off a decade ago. I'm afraid I think it will be 2 nil to them. I really do hope that I am wrong.

We did. I remember us beating them at the Ricoh and at Ninian Park (I'm sure we had 10 men)

Two draws in the relegation season.

SlowerThanPlatt

I suppose most teams are going to qualify as a bogey team if consistently towards the bottom of a league...

Is there a team in the league we have a good record against? Barnsley?

TomRad85

I suppose most teams are going to qualify as a bogey team if consistently towards the bottom of a league...

Barnsley and Wycombe. That's probably about it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

We'll probably beat PNE at Deepdale for the first time in a few hundred years when nobody's there

SBAndy

and at Ninian Park (I'm sure we had 10 men)

Also beat them at Ninian Park in about 2007 thanks to a Jay Tabb goal. Mad traffic on the way meant most fans (including me) got to the game at half time and missed the goal. Official coaches didn’t arrive until 15 minutes from the end. Still got to see Darren Purse miss a last minute penalty though.

fernandopartridge

Also beat them at Ninian Park in about 2007 thanks to a Jay Tabb goal. Mad traffic on the way meant most fans (including me) got to the game at half time and missed the goal. Official coaches didn’t arrive until 15 minutes from the end. Still got to see Darren Purse miss a last minute penalty though.
You don't have the best of luck travelling in that direction, weren't it you who got left off that coach that time?

Warwickhunt

17 of his 27 appearances last season came as either a right back or right midfielder
17 of his 27 appearances last season came as either a right back or right midfielder
so why didnt MR play him there temporary whilst we get the Dabo & jabellos backup and firing, of the last few games i see our right hand side being torn apart by the opposition on occasions

cov1975

I agree our right handside has gone from one of our strongest areas to now where the opposition are targeting.
MR needs to find a short term solution untill Dabo is fully fit ,what that solution is nobody knows.

AFCCOVENTRY

Update on Hilssner here - no closer to being ready for the first team and loan is an option:

Seems he is struggling.If he goes on loan it would be January. Potentially another month to get up to the pace if he can. Must be so frustrating for him to start his career with us with asthma which is clearly effecting him.

Users who are viewing this thread