Match Thread Cardiff (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

Quite a few have Dabo in for Weds....he's not right needs to be benched as McCallum can't play vs Norwich so he is needed then!

I think we need sheaf/Hamer/Kelly and two up top ....Godden and Walker are the front two ideally however if Godden not fit I really really think Baka up front with Walker should be tried.....Baka last chance saloon but he needs to be given a chance in a front two!

stevefloyd

How can anybody not see ANY game as a must win? You must love inviting your own pressure.
So if you was Robins and was talking to the players before the game you would say...listen up this is a must win and heap lots of pressure on them...good tactic

Mcbean

Robins has wanted to play a stable team but things have conspired against him - it will come !

Liquid Gold

3-5-2
3-5-2
3-5-2
3-5-2
3-5-2
3-5-2
3-5-2

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think we’ll go back to 3-5-2 rightly or wrongly. I think the change to a back 4 was forced with the personnel available.

Except we had Osti on the bench and brought him on, so a back five/three was an option.

D

Deleted member 11652

Except we had Osti on the bench and brought him on, so a back five/three was an option.

Could be wrong but didn’t he have a fixture scheduled for last Wednesday and therefore, Robins had made plans as if he was unavailable. I think he only returned to training on Wednesday anyway and I can’t imagine Robins intended to rip up his plans on 2 days notice.

I think the fact he brought Ostigard on reinforces that the 3-5-2 is his preferred system going forward.

Tommo1993

So if you was Robins and was talking to the players before the game you would say...listen up this is a must win and heap lots of pressure on them...good tactic

Would you tell them to go out and not worry about winning? Good tactic.

stevefloyd

They are different, but I can’t imagine him telling the team that any game isn’t a must win. What’s the point?
I can imagine him saying go out and win but I don't think the word must is a good idea, you need the players heads up and if they are too thick and stupid to realise about winning then they don't deserve such a lucrative career

Tommo1993

I can imagine him saying go out and win but I don't think the word must is a good idea, you need the players heads up and if they are too thick and stupid to realise about winning then they don't deserve such a lucrative career

Fair point well put, I guess.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They are different, but I can’t imagine him telling the team that any game isn’t a must win. What’s the point?

I think telling them they CAN win is motivational. Telling them they MUST win IMO would be detrimental because it puts extra mental pressure on them and mistakes creep in with the nerves.

There is also the option of saying they WILL win, but I think that's the preserve of just a few clubs whose quality is far above those of pretty much everyone else, but even then it'd need qualifying with stuff like 'as long as you give 100%' etc or chances are they'd be complacent.

no_loyalty

The million dollar question is, do we build on the point we gained against Blues and play the same system, losing the attacking intent? or do we go back to our favoured formation, and hope we cut out the silly mistakes?

cc84cov

The million dollar question is, do we build on the point we gained against Blues and play the same system, losing the attacking intent? or do we go back to our favoured formation, and hope we cut out the silly mistakes?
We play that against them we will be in trouble

JeffB

I am afraid this is another bogey fixture! I don't think we took a single point off this lot during our miserable tenure in the Championship last time around. Whilst past performance is no guide to future performance I am told, it does not augur well that three other bogey teams from the past Watford, Bristol City and Nottingham Forest have carried on from where they left off a decade ago. I'm afraid I think it will be 2 nil to them. I really do hope that I am wrong.

87 n all that

Quite a few have Dabo in for Weds....he's not right needs to be benched as McCallum can't play vs Norwich so he is needed then!

I think we need sheaf/Hamer/Kelly and two up top ....Godden and Walker are the front two ideally however if Godden not fit I really really think Baka up front with Walker should be tried.....Baka last chance saloon but he needs to be given a chance in a front two!
Agree with all of the above. Save Dabo for Norwich. Might as well try Baka alongside Walker if Godden isn’t fit. He might surprise us and be confident upfront in a 2

pipkin73

I am afraid this is another bogey fixture! I don't think we took a single point off this lot during our miserable tenure in the Championship last time around. Whilst past performance is no guide to future performance I am told, it does not augur well that three other bogey teams from the past Watford, Bristol City and Nottingham Forest have carried on from where they left off a decade ago. I'm afraid I think it will be 2 nil to them. I really do hope that I am wrong.
We just don't seem to do well against Welsh teams, but MR has already broken many of our hoodoos.

Hobo

I keep putting all these formations as my lottery numbers -
They don't fucking win though!

Users who are viewing this thread