Match Thread Cardiff (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

Dennis Wise’s last game, won 3-1 won 1-0 in Cardiff in 2004 and 2007. Cardiff 21 wins, us 18 wins. Granted many of those wins for Cardiff come post 2007.
Time for us to put a few points on the board at their expense.

cov1975

If Dabo is still not fit ,then maybe play same formation that started against brum but play hammer at Right back.He has played position before and yes we loose his passing ability in middle but gain a balanced team and no mcCallum trying to inside on his left foot all the time.I personally would like to see us try 433 put some pace in team and have ago at teams .

Marosi
Hammer osti hyam mcCallum
Sheaf Kelly Shipley
Jabbelo walker giles

Brighton Sky Blue

I am afraid this is another bogey fixture! I don't think we took a single point off this lot during our miserable tenure in the Championship last time around. Whilst past performance is no guide to future performance I am told, it does not augur well that three other bogey teams from the past Watford, Bristol City and Nottingham Forest have carried on from where they left off a decade ago. I'm afraid I think it will be 2 nil to them. I really do hope that I am wrong.

On the contrary a last gasp Ollie Norwood free kick got us a point

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If Dabo is still not fit ,then maybe play same formation that started against brum but play hammer at Right back.He has played position before and yes we loose his passing ability in middle but gain a balanced team and no mcCallum trying to inside on his left foot all the time.I personally would like to see us try 433 put some pace in team and have ago at teams .

Marosi
Sheaf Kelly Shipley
Jabbelo walker giles
Agree with the 433 its a shout but Hamer at RB I know he has played there before but are you mad he is easily the best midfielder at the club (unless you wanna swap him and Dabo around 😂). Maybe put Bapaga in at LW for a game or Ohare at LW or Hilsner. And personally (I don’t know whether its just me) I think McCallum is good at RB and his cutting in is dangerous (maybe for both teams) but it can be a piece of trickery we can use to our advantage.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree with the 433 its a shout but Hamer at RB I know he has played there before but are you mad he is easily the best midfielder at the club (unless you wanna swap him and Dabo around 😂). Maybe put Bapaga in at LW for a game or Ohare at LW or Hilsner. And personally (I don’t know whether its just me) I think McCallum is good at RB and his cutting in is dangerous (maybe for both teams) but it can be a piece of trickery we can use to our advantage.

As above, McCallum can't play on Saturday so may as well use him for 90 minutes beforehand and give Dabo a breather.

87 n all that

I agree, Dabo won’t be able to play 3 games in 8 days. Giles on the left can hopefully mean he’ll put crosses in for 2 strikers to feed off (if robins goes with that idea).

Skybluebeliever

I think we lack pace in the defence with Mcfadz .With McCallum and Giles on the same side would add better balance to the side.I think it would also take the pressure of Dabo who is our main threat from wide currently.I would also like to see Hammer further forward as he is probably the best passer of the ball so hopefully would feed the front 2.

Marosi
Dabo osti hyam mcCallum giles
Kelly Sheaf
Hammer
Godden Walker
Think fadz provides the warrior that robins wants , the first two goals we concede against Watford he would have stopped I think and ostigard didn’t but then ostigard wouldn’t have have been caught for the forest goal
It’s a tough one with Rose not up to speed either

BornSlippySkyBlue

I’ve personally not seen that much wrong with McCallum at RWB, but others think he’s a fish out of water there. Cutting in to get it on his left foot isn’t a bad thing per se. But we lose the right footed crossing that comes with Dabo (or a right footed player). It’s not ideal to play him there, but I thought he did a job in previous games. Would rather McCallum than some of the other options we have as he’s a class player.

Hamer played on the right previously, but for us he looks so much better in the middle, unless the last game was just an off day for him.

As McCallum can’t play versus Norwich would go with McCallum at RWB and Giles on the left in a 3-5-2 myself. But wouldn’t be surprised if we do the same as previous game with 4 at the back. Think not conceding is Robins priority at the moment and then start attacking more when we’ve got the confidence back in defence.

87 n all that

Think fadz provides the warrior that robins wants , the first two goals we concede against Watford he would have stopped I think and ostigard didn’t but then ostigard wouldn’t have have been caught for the forest goal
It’s a tough one with Rose not up to speed either
Osti will eventually be a decent player but he’s a red card waiting to happen. Osti was awful against Watford. Despite his mistakes on goals he could have got a red when he got a yellow against Watford if that foul was several yards to his right and in on goal. I’m in 2 minds on what he’ll do first for us - red card or a goal from a corner.

cov1975

I agree Hammer is the best midfielder we have,but he is also probably the next best RB after Dabo.I think we are struggling with McCallum at RB we loose all momentum going forward with him at RB because he always want to stop and play ball with preferred foot.I not knocking him as a player it only natural he want to use his preferred foot. I think Hammer at RB or RWB is more natural fit and we have more player's to cover him in the midfield .

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I agree Hammer is the best midfielder we have,but he is also probably the next best RB after Dabo.I think we are struggling with McCallum at RB we loose all momentum going forward with him at RB because he always want to stop and play ball with preferred foot.I not knocking him as a player it only natural he want to use his preferred foot. I think Hammer at RB or RWB is more natural fit and we have more player's to cover him in the midfield .
But why loose a midfield player who helps us to win the midfield battles and put him at RB where he will give away dangerous free kicks possibly even a penalty because of the player he is he will get frustrated if there is a quick and tricky winger

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

On the contrary a last gasp Ollie Norwood free kick got us a point

I was at uni in Bristol at the time of this game and managed to convince my girlfriend to come with me. Hopped on the train, long, grim walk down Ninian Park Road and no boozers in sight. I swear it felt like there was about 50 of us there that night, in my head it’s the lowest City away attendance I can remember. Anyway, we had a call to make as to make our train we had to leave before 90 mins. The game was so tight we ended up staying and were rewarded with Norwoods equaliser. The Mrs wasn’t so happy that we had to wait over an hour on a cold train platform for the next train to Bristol with a bunch of over excited JLS fans who’d just played at the Motorpoint Arena

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

I was at uni in Bristol at the time of this game and managed to convince my girlfriend to come with me. Hopped on the train, long, grim walk down Ninian Park Road and no boozers in sight. I swear it felt like there was about 50 of us there that night, in my head it’s the lowest City away attendance I can remember. Anyway, we had a call to make as to make our train we had to leave before 90 mins. The game was so tight we ended up staying and were rewarded with Norwoods equaliser. The Mrs wasn’t so happy that we had to wait over an hour on a cold train platform for the next train to Bristol with a bunch of over excited JLS fans who’d just played at the Motorpoint Arena
Used to live in Cardiff. Spent many a time making rather circuitous routes home to avoid angry Cardiff fans. The most bizarre of which was when *they* got enraged by scoring the last minute equaliser against *us*!

Even a friendly, years back, when they were down among the dead men and we had the glamour of Philippe Clement, they got angry about that game!

Why we never signed Earnshaw around then (still a teenager then) but went for Simon Haworth, I'll never know...

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Marosi
Sheaf Kelly Shipley
Jabbelo walker giles
Hamer not quick enough to be a right back methinks!

cov1975

But why loose a midfield player who helps us to win the midfield battles and put him at RB where he will give away dangerous free kicks possibly even a penalty because of the player he is he will get frustrated if there is a quick and tricky winger
Fair point.So we could play Osti at RB if we play 4 at back and Dabo is not fit.We could then play Jabbelo in front of him in a 451 formation.What we loose in Dabo going forward we gain with Jabbelo in the side.

Marosi
Osti mcfadz hyam mcCallum
Jabbelo hammer Kelly Sheaf giles
Walker

SlowerThanPlatt

Fair point.So we could play Osti at RB if we play 4 at back and Dabo is not fit.We could then play Jabbelo in front of him in a 451 formation.What we loose in Dabo going forward we gain with Jabbelo in the side.

Marosi
Osti mcfadz hyam mcCallum
Jabbelo hammer Kelly Sheaf giles
Walker

Jobello hasn’t been used of the bench yet, be surprised if he’s anywhere near ready to start a game

Users who are viewing this thread