Cardiff Protest by Trust (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

It'll be seen by a lot of people, I am not sure it'll be see by as many as the protest Arsenal was seen by, but will it make a difference in my opinion? No. The only people who can make the difference at this point in time are CCFC and ACL.

And the FL
We have been let gown by them all.

Steve.B50

Ok, fair enuff. If what ashbyjan ses is true then the FL are a bit nervous about a protest.

We should ask ourselves why this might be?

Well I can tell you:

The eyes of the footballing world and SKY are watching plus various peeps in Govt. who will only be too pleased to see that football cannot keep its house in order.
So far the farce of Cov, aided and abetted by a weak governing body, has been roundly criticised in court, by most who emphasise the importance of social values in our culture and national sport and by the whole footballing community who recognise our plight and the wrong that is being perpetrated in the name of greed.

All that remains is for there to be one incident for this to blow up in the face of football. It hasn't happened yet but if it should then the shit will hit the fan.

Another meaningful protest in front of TV cameras will only be more evidence of the warning to all those implicated to sort it out.

The longer this drags on the worse the implications are for those who have not done so.

Exactly.
Some will never forgive up the fight.
Well put dadgad

bigfatronssba

They had a lot of trouble at Northampton on Saturday with the Mansfield fans so am sure the police will be out in force. However the rumours of tennis balls, beach balls and even the fireworks are all just hearsay.

Whilst I'm sure you wouldn't endorse such a thing, rumours such as tennis balls and fireworks are good to have out there.

It will increase the police presence, which will increase cost to Northampton taxpayers and to Sixfields matchday costs.

Steve.B50

Whilst I'm sure you wouldn't endorse such a thing, rumours such as tennis balls and fireworks are good to have out there.

It will increase the police presence, which will increase cost to Northampton taxpayers and to Sixfields matchday costs.

I do hope these are nothing more than silly rumours and we cannot condone any such actions.
This is a small noisy protest, we just want to get our message over.

TurkeyTrot

I do hope these are nothing more than silly rumours and we cannot condone any such actions.
I've seen a few things on Facebook, sorry, personally I don't care either way. Fans will do what they think is right for them. Go in, stand on the hill, stay at home, protest, not protest, throw tennis balls, let off fireworks, don't think it's anyone's right to say what's right or wrong.

AndreasB

because that will really help the mood of the team wont it. Jesus. Are you really that thick?

ohitsaidwalker king power

Because that will really help the mood of the team wont it. Jesus. Are you really that thick?

AndreasB- Why do you continually turn reasoned debate and points, which you may or may not agree with, into low level personal attack; yet more "faux" intelligence on view perhaps?

LB87ccfc

Exactly and this would be alot more painful then 50 fans on a hill voicing their opinion, yet still their cheering on the team watching the game for free..... the trust say a small protest... honestly what planet are you on.. it will achieve sweet F.A as per usual.

Softies.

LB87ccfc

Looking forward to being back up the hill, no reason why people cannot make their way down.

Those in side Sixfields, don't let us down, please!?

No reason to make their way down... errr what to join 50 people on a hill for 60 seconds of fame and then have a shit view of the game from the hill ( just so you can still watch the game instead of paying) .. just as bad as those who go in in my view.

VOTE WITH YOUR FEET PEOPLE DON'T ATTEND TONIGHT AND DON'T LISTEN TO THE BS FROM THE SHITE TRUST

AndreasB

AndreasB- Why do you continually turn reasoned debate and points, which you may or may not agree with, into low level personal attack; yet more "faux" intelligence on view perhaps?

CCFC- Held as a hostage in Northampton by SISU- the ransom demand? Freehold to the Ricoh.
First Game 1973.
Season ticket holder 1978- 2013.
2013> Principled objector. Away only.
Bring us home.

Better than being a self righteous bore like you though.

Spagbol

To be fair, the protest was mentioned as the headline for the BBC news this morning. Does it achieve anything? Yes, awareness of the situation and continues to put pressure on all those involved. I won't be there but fully support the rest of the sky blue army. Well done all those that are going. PUSB

LB87ccfc

Cannot condone .. so a piece of paper at 35 minutes is going to be threatening, Joy will spit her coffee everywhere, Fisher will be on suicide watch, and banging on ACLs door tomorrow begging for mercy.

Joy will come out and beg for fans forgiveness, the FL will be sacked, Coventry will instantly return rent free to the Ricoh and all pie money will be donated to the club as a good will gesture because those thousands on the hill made one hell of a difference, the white house will congratulate on what was a superb fight against evil.

Behave yourself, cannot condone.. I know alot of clubs fans would of took matters into their own hands and pushed alot harder than we have, thats for sure.. now enjoy this evening and your next arse licking session with Joy in private.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Cannot condone .. so a piece of paper at 35 minutes is going to be threatening, Joy will spit her coffee everywhere, Fisher will be on suicide watch, and banging on ACLs door tomorrow begging for mercy.

Joy will come out and beg for fans forgiveness, the FL will be sacked, Coventry will instantly return rent free to the Ricoh and all pie money will be donated to the club as a good will gesture because those thousands on the hill made one hell of a difference, the white house will congratulate on what was a superb fight against evil.

Behave yourself, cannot condone.. I know alot of clubs fans would of took matters into their own hands and pushed alot harder than we have, thats for sure.. now enjoy this evening and your next arse licking session with Joy in private.

I wait with baited breath for you Macho Man,to come up with a plan oh wait you have your plan is to stay at home at every opportunity that'll show em,dont want to be messing with you do they.

Grendel

I wait with baited breath for you Macho Man,to come up with a plan oh wait you have your plan is to stay at home at every opportunity that'll show em,dont want to be messing with you do they.

Perhaps he will take his sky viewing card out of the sky box at 35 minutes

lewys33

I'm planning on making my debut on the hill this evening. The more the better it will look IMO. Shows we will not give up.

With regards to the "pointless protest" I can see people's point. However the only alternative is actions which could land you in trouble. As tempting as it may be for some; I am 24, with a decent job and an 18 month old daughter so it would hardly be wise to start causing a nuisance.

Now of course it is easier to avoid landing yourself in trouble if a large number of people were to do it.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm planning on making my debut on the hill this evening. The more the better it will look IMO. Shows we will not give up.

With regards to the "pointless protest" I can see people's point. However the only alternative is actions which could land you in trouble. As tempting as it may be for some; I am 24, with a decent job and an 18 month old daughter so it would hardly be wise to start causing a nuisance.

Now of course it is easier to avoid landing yourself in trouble if a large number of people were to do it.

CCTV cameras all over the place do you really want the police knocking on your door of course LB87 would be all for it while he was at home with his Farleys Rusks

harvey098

For me, the only way we are going to make a point is by doing something drastic that will stop play. I know its not fair on the players but to be honest why should we care about the players. They don't care about the club. I'm beginning to think no one does, including the fans. If 100 or so fans sat down on the pitch in the middle of the game and stopped play then that might actually get talked about. Holding up a piece of paper, with the best intentions, is sadly not going to do anything.

Sure, we will be looked down upon as fans by the rest of the football world but I couldn't care. Its not happening to them. Its happening to us and it needs to stop.

dadgad

[QUOTE)
Now of course it is easier to avoid landing yourself in trouble if a large number of people were to do it.[/QUOTE]

By and large Cov are well behaved,
a dutiful bunch. Pay their taxes on time and don't smash windows.
But everybody has a breaking point.

bigfatronssba

because that will really help the mood of the team wont it. Jesus. Are you really that thick?

First of all I couldn't give a monkeys toss about the affect on the team. They are just doing a job, they don't care about ccfc. Do you really think they do!?

Secondly why would a rumour of a tennis ball ruin the mood of the team?

Thirdly I would take a record defeat tonight if it increased the chances of getting something done.

Im sure you want to be back at the Ricoh as much as the rest of us, but posts like this just make it appear as though your priorities are in the wrong place.

Your thoughts before tonight should be "How as a fan can I contribute towards getting my club back to Coventry?" Instead I suspect your thoughts are "How as a fan can I contribute to a team victory? "

J

Jack Griffin

I really don't know what's happened to this town since I were young.

LB87ccfc

CCTV cameras all over the place do you really want the police knocking on your door of course LB87 would be all for it while he was at home with his Farleys Rusks

You have no idea sunshine.

Too many softies following the city compared to in my day..alot of clubs would of done alot more if this had happened to them..

Anyway.. you enjoy your plaque card on 35minutes tonight, each to their own, but for me... its going to be a full 2minutes coverage with 1 coach of fans yes fans's who for some bizarre reason still love to go to Northampton and watch the team on the hill.

Your just the same as those who go in, just want to see for free, thats the only difference.

The amount of begging on here the last few days trying to get people to go beggers belief.

Vote with the feet would of been more embarrassing and bigger stir news wise.

But by all means enjoy your 2 minutes of fame.... shame no one can be arsed to even think poor little coventry in two days time.

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

Perhaps he will take his sky viewing card out of the sky box at 35 minutes

Perhaps you will still like fishers arse and still talk absolute bollocks on the forum each day... sorry I must be disturbing you and your 100k job.. sorry I think your boss is shouting to clean the toliets pal.

LB87ccfc

[QUOTE)

But everybody has a breaking point.[/QUOTE]

A whole host of clubs fans would of done far worse.... now cast back to the 80s 90s and we are at HR and sisu try moving us then... with the crowd who followed us then... I think WW3 would of started by now.

Each to their own though.

lewys33

A whole host of clubs fans would of done far worse.... now cast back to the 80s 90s and we are at HR and sisu try moving us then... with the crowd who followed us then... I think WW3 would of started by now.

Each to their own though.

Let's not go and suggest that it is the same now. I think people would if they could get away with it .......

Last edited:

Each to their own though.[/QUOTE]
There are sometimes a few grumbles on the Cobbler's Forum from fans (who in my opinion are looking for ways to alleviate their guilt) saying that you lot deserve it because of the "attitudes" a lot of your fans have about the move. Its usually when somebody has got upset over the phrase shitfields or something. My response to this is we have got off lightly! Like you say imagine if it was Leeds or Millwall or your 80s or 90s fanbase being made to watch your team at Sixfields. Saying that I like to think if we still had the supporters trust we had in the 90s: http://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/origins.aspx then things might be different.

Anyway, off to the cinema tonight at the top of the hill, promise not to batter a Northampton fan if I join the protest for a bit ;-)

ohitsaidwalker king power

CCFC- Held as a hostage in Northampton by SISU- the ransom demand? Freehold to the Ricoh.
First Game 1973.
Season ticket holder 1978- 2013.
2013> Principled objector. Away only.
Bring us home.

Better than being a self righteous bore like you though.

Original point upheld I fear.. I wont descend to personal insult or attack...this is a forum, debate. All the best.

Monners

Just realised that I will be making two trips to Sixfields in one day!. Went to the tip this morning (very efficiently run I must say - also there is a joke in there somewhere re the tip), and shall be up on the hill tonight for a bit. Thoroughly enjoying life in the fast lane!

Users who are viewing this thread