Cardiff Protest by Trust (1 Viewer)

dadgad

And it's this sort of moronic comment which sets the fans apart, well done mate Take a bow.,

Read it again, carefully.
Nothing moronic there.
Challenging perhaps, thought provoking, definitely, but then 'moronic' is an overused word wheeled out far too often

RoboCCFC90

Read it again, carefully.
Nothing moronic there.
Challenging perhaps, thought provoking, definitely, but then 'moronic' is an overused word wheeled out far too often

A matter of opinion I am sure..

NorthernWisdom

Got to love the Cardiff supporters, not many complaints when they were in the prem league but now relegation hits they change their tone.

Not quite true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-23817070

It's not... a great figure tbh. But they have been active in their campaign beyond this, it's just the first link I found! It's not unreasonable to assume those bothered are the more committed fans, so as the gates fall on relegation, so the proportion who make a noise increases.

Hobo

Because I go to a Football match surprisingly to watch the Football if I wanted to voice my opinion I would do so and have done previously.

So why aren't you just travelling the country and watching football and just accepting Coventry's fate? Why in fact would you be on here?

I take it from your last line you don't want to voice an opinion about playing at Sixfields, you just accept it,because you want to just watch football and be left alone to do it?

dadgad

I take it from your last line you don't want to voice an opinion about playing at Sixfields, you just accept it,because you want to just watch football and be left alone to do it?

Hobo, that's way too controversial, almost philosophical.

There used to be a sect of hermits a bit like you describe. They were called stylites and lived on scraps thrown from below.

Weird fuckers.

letsallsingtogether

So you have been asked to hold up a bit of paper at one gaame.
I went to 95% of away games last season and can only remember 3 maybe 4 games at a push where we were asked or gave out leaflets the main 2 being Arsenal and Notts County as I do not attend shitfields cannot comment on how many times they were asked but could probably count it on 1 finger.
so you vastly exaggerate the protests that have taken place and then accuse others of being Moronic?
Well done !!
Bradford on Saturday for a start..

I am stood watching the Football, looking forward to being able to watch the lads and see my friends, I travel all those miles to then get told "You have to hold this up on my 35 minutes"! Hang on a sodding minute, I travel all that way, take the time out my weekend to do so and pay all that money and get told what to do with a sodding blue leaflet, is it ****

dadgad

This is why forums are not so helpful to football fans
The deep analysis necessary to unite us requires hours of discussion before we will act with one voice or become the change we want.
Hours.

Reading RobCCFC's posts sum up what's wrong with some people today. Weak, selfish, self obsessed and unprincipled. Still, as long as he doesn't have to hold a piece of paper up for 60 seconds.
Its shameful that people are going in in the first place. A pointless cup game, its not covered by a season ticket and its on tv.

ohitsaidwalker king power

My son and I will be on "The Hill" as before.. reading the article the coach looks full(ish)....on this basis if anyone is genuinely struggling, but wants to go...then I've maybe got a couple of spaces in the car... from Bulkington PM me...
If you think ACL are responsible... find your own way.. ;).. (Joke)

*Edit.. NO beach balls.. WPC plod doesn't like beach balls.....;)

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Looking forward to being back up the hill, no reason why people cannot make their way down.

Those in side Sixfields, don't let us down, please!?

pusbccfc

The way I look at it, we should be protesting every week, as it's been said plenty of times.... Imagine if this was Leeds etc, they'd have hundreds on the hill each week protesting.

ashbyjan

Just to be clear there are still a few places left on the Trust coach - £5 leaving Nuneaton Bus Station at 6pm and Cov Baths at 6.30pm. If you want to join in the now internationally famous protest and make your feelings known to the world and especially those responsible just email [email protected]

We have been doing a bit of digging after yesterdays rumour about the FL being unhappy about the protest and our moles in the FL and elsewhere confirm that this apears to be the case - the FL are at the game with some sponsors (not sure if its potential new sponsors or Capital One). I think that in view of all the help and consideration they have given to all Sky Blue fans over the past year that we act in the appropriate way.........lets embarrass the hell out of them! Now what were those words..... Let Down By The Football League and repeat.....

dadgad

Reading RobCCFC's posts sum up what's wrong with some people today. Weak, selfish, self obsessed and unprincipled. Still, as long as he doesn't have to hold a piece of paper up for 60 seconds.
Its shameful that people are going in in the first place. A pointless cup game, its not covered by a season ticket and its on tv.

Inertia is strangling society not just Ccfc.

ashbyjan

SBJ - we have spoken to the CT and they have had to give the lorry back as it was only hired for a week. To be fair to them they are giving the story some good coverage - just hope enough fans get behind it and we can make a real impression on those responsible for our current desperate plight.

AndreasB

Looking forward to being back up the hill, no reason why people cannot make their way down.

Those in side Sixfields, don't let us down, please!?

amazing isnt it. If everyone on here who pompusly likes to think of themselves as a True Protester was for real, there would be about 500 on that hill instead of 50

amazing isnt it. If everyone on here who pompusly likes to think of themselves as a True Protester was for real, there would be about 500 on that hill instead of 50

There's a number of us who live way outside Coventry and to travel to Northampton, for me, would be over 3 hours each way. Could easily attend the RICOH to visit family or only 75 mins each way on the train.

I try to get my away tickets up north from the clubs, but most tell you to go through CCFC.

I'm on the hill in spirit and fair play to everyone who goes; just hope those in the ground accept the principled stand very many people are taking.

RoboCCFC90

It's a pointless cup game? Well that makes it okay then does it? It's not like I have taken the time out of my life, paid money and gone to great personal expense to go to Northampton to be then told it's a pointless game? Yet of course I suppose this is me being a weak, self-obsessed, selfish and unprincipled individual?

This is just another example of not being able to have an opinion, we live in a free community, not a dictatorship. I have my opinion, that means I choose when, how, what and why I protest and if you don't like that go live in a dictatorship when your opinion can be worth something.. Idiot.

AndreasB

There's a number of us who live way outside Coventry and to travel to Northampton, for me, would be over 3 hours each way. Could easily attend the RICOH to visit family or only 75 mins each way on the train.

I try to get my away tickets up north from the clubs, but most tell you to go through CCFC.

I'm on the hill in spirit and fair play to everyone who goes; just hope those in the ground accept the principled stand very many people are taking.

I dont doubt your credentials - you live where you live. This club ha a lot of fans that are there "in spirit" unfortunately.

Hobo

I dont doubt your credentials - you live where you live. This club ha a lot of fans that are there "in spirit" unfortunately.

And in my experience of travelling with the Sky Blue Army, for some it's for whom the "Bells" tolls and others it is all just "Grouse"!

"It's not like I have taken the time out of my life, paid money and gone to great personal expense to go to Northampton...."

Exactly my point.
Makes it even worse.

But hey, you enjoy yourself.

Noggin

It's a pointless cup game? Well that makes it okay then does it? It's not like I have taken the time out of my life, paid money and gone to great personal expense to go to Northampton to be then told it's a pointless game? Yet of course I suppose this is me being a weak, self-obsessed, selfish and unprincipled individual?

This is just another example of not being able to have an opinion, we live in a free community, not a dictatorship. I have my opinion, that means I choose when, how, what and why I protest and if you don't like that go live in a dictatorship when your opinion can be worth something.. Idiot.

I hate this attitude, We all have a right to an opinion and to express that opinion, living in a free country and one with free speech doesn't mean that your opinion isn't open to question though in fact quite the opposite.

*not directed at you* I hate seeing stupid ill thought out, illogical, kneejerk, ignorant and often nonsensical comments (facebook especially guilty) and when someone rightly criticizes those comments or views, the result is a screaming I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY OPINION!, yes you do and we have a right to tell you it's stupid. Vaccines don't cause autism, gay people aren't ruining the sanctity of marriage, we did land on the moon, homeopathy is just placebo etc etc

You don't want to protest, don't protest, that is your right, I won't be going to protest either, but other people are free to comment on our actions and we are free to comment on those comments, you aren't being oppressed.

Hobo

I am beginning to think you protest too much.

dadgad

Ok, Einstein, would you please explain to us how you are going to make the world a better place without occasionally standing up for the things you want?

I know explanation and philosophy aren't your top subjects but have a go anyway.

Go on.

Steve.B50

My son and I will be on "The Hill" as before.. reading the article the coach looks full(ish)....on this basis if anyone is genuinely struggling, but wants to go...then I've maybe got a couple of spaces in the car... from Bulkington PM me...
If you think ACL are responsible... find your own way.. ;).. (Joke)

*Edit.. NO beach balls.. WPC plod doesn't like beach balls.....;)

They had a lot of trouble at Northampton on Saturday with the Mansfield fans so am sure the police will be out in force. However the rumours of tennis balls, beach balls and even the fireworks are all just hearsay.

RoboCCFC90

Ok, Einstein, would you please explain to us how you are going to make the world a better place without occasionally standing up for the things you want?

I know explanation and philosophy aren't your top subjects but have a go anyway.

Go on.

I do stand up for the things I believe in, this thread is proof of that. I protested at Arsenal, I went on the March and I have been involved in other several protests up until now, but I don't want to protest at every fixture.

Steve.B50

This is holding up a leaflet for 60 seconds, it might, just might make a difference and seen by others.
More if a statement than a protest.

RoboCCFC90

This is holding up a leaflet for 60 seconds, it might, just might make a difference and seen by others.
More if a statement than a protest.

It'll be seen by a lot of people, I am not sure it'll be see by as many as the protest Arsenal was seen by, but will it make a difference in my opinion? No. The only people who can make the difference at this point in time are CCFC and ACL.

dadgad

I do stand up for the things I believe in, this thread is proof of that. I protested at Arsenal, I went on the March and I have been involved in other several protests up until now, but I don't want to protest at every fixture.

Ok, fair enuff. If what ashbyjan ses is true then the FL are a bit nervous about a protest.

We should ask ourselves why this might be?

Well I can tell you:

The eyes of the footballing world and SKY are watching plus various peeps in Govt. who will only be too pleased to see that football cannot keep its house in order.
So far the farce of Cov, aided and abetted by a weak governing body, has been roundly criticised in court, by most who emphasise the importance of social values in our culture and national sport and by the whole footballing community who recognise our plight and the wrong that is being perpetrated in the name of greed.

All that remains is for there to be one incident for this to blow up in the face of football. It hasn't happened yet but if it should then the shit will hit the fan.

Another meaningful protest in front of TV cameras will only be more evidence of the warning to all those implicated to sort it out.

The longer this drags on the worse the implications are for those who have not done so.

Users who are viewing this thread