Car Park C (2 Viewers)

ccfcway

That's not the issue. They sell cash parking and if cash parking fills the allocated spaces then the parking season ticket holder is rejected and told to go. It's an outrage.

agreed. Why on earth would anyone get a parking season ticket on those terms ?

Grendel

The terms weren't available when purchases were made. It's shocking.

ccfcway

Thing is, no-one should make that mistake again. If people learn from it, they wont buy one next season

yet, tonight's POTG debate proves, some people don't learn

steve82

This was not stated by the sly telephone operators who assure you all is well and your sorted and guaranteed a spot. It's when your permit arrives that they then drop it in bold text.

Sky Blue 1987

Out of curiosity was there anything in the t and c's of the season ticket plus parking purchase which stated that the club retained the right (or words to that effect) to change or add anything without notice? Personally i wouldn't have bought a season ticket plus parking if there were no terms and conditions available at the time but i am aware some people would have had no choice due to disability/health issues and needed to be parked within a short distance.
For anyone who is willing to walk approx. half a mile and hasn't committed to a Ricoh car park there is £5 parking available at The Cherry Tree, The Hub, The Parkgate, Christ The King and Finbarrs etc

Sky Blue 1987

Just to confirm i am interested to know whether anything was noted with the purchase that they could state is subject to change/amendment and if not it is quite shocking how the money was gladly taken and then a stipulation added once the documents/season tickets were sent out

letsallsingtogether

Personally I wouldn't have brought a season ticket for a fucking car park.
can park in numerous places for £5.00 or park just outside the exclusion zone for free and get a bus in........
works out quicker then the actual Ricoh carparks.

Nick

Administrator
Plenty of places about to park for free as well. Have a look on the map for the exclusion zone and park on the border :)

Sky Blue 1987

I agree with you both Nick and Letsallsingtogether, just curious to know why people would have bought the season ticket with parking without terms and conditions and then also whether anything was noted at the time of original purchase that it wasn't guaranteed/could be changed etc

Sky Blue 1987

Although like i mentioned previously, some people have no choice but to be as close to the ground as possible for various health/disability issues

AndreasB

It's being run by Apcoa who are advertising for a "Parking Operations Manager" at the Ricoh at the princely salary of £22k
Sounds like they are investing in a quality service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It's being run by Apcoa who are advertising for a "Parking Operations Manager" at the Ricoh at the princely salary of £22k
Sounds like they are investing in a quality service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good wage for a car park man!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Spoke to The fella with clipboard with clipboard at the car park he said can phone up & add regs.

Also noticed signs saying remember your reg for ticket machines (which weren't there yet) guessing going to do paperless parking tickets & have inspectors checking for those that don't have a season passes? So effectively those that are parking for one off match put details in to ticket machine pay then someone will inspect cars to see if paid using some sort of ANPR camera or something.

All seems very confusing.

chiefdave

Also noticed signs saying remember your reg for ticket machines (which weren't there yet) guessing going to do paperless parking tickets & have inspectors checking for those that don't have a season passes?
They use them in places where they don't want people stopping briefly (for example to pick up tickets from the ticket office during the day or dropping someone off). Has ANPR and as soon as you drive through the entrance you're registered for a charge.

olderskyblue

Except it's always been like that, so when you buy it, you know it's the policy even if they don't mention it. I've parked in one of the Ricoh car parks since we moved there, and every season, we saw money being taken at the barrier for parking, We started off in Car park C, and you were issued with an actual parking place too, but that was mostly ignored by others, so they stopped that.

I agree, it is disgraceful that a place isn't guaranteed if you buy a season ticket. They should allocate ONLY the remaining spaces for potg types.

Sky Blue Spike

Queried the lack of guarantee and they confirmed that it just referred to the fact that you might have to park in one of the other car parks in exceptional circumstances such as TV lorries but would still be able to park on site.

Users who are viewing this thread