Car Park C (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Just read it is the highest in the country outside London now.
Wouldn't surprise me. £10 to park for a game like tonight is an absolute joke. Sure they'll get people who don't realise and just drive in but wouldn't be surprised to see an empty car park a few games in.

Nick

Administrator
Wouldn't surprise me. £10 to park for a game like tonight is an absolute joke. Sure they'll get people who don't realise and just drive in but wouldn't be surprised to see an empty car park a few games in.

If it isn't a must (OAP's, disabled) then people should just park and walk. Some of the places like Cov Welsh you can be back to the car and out while people are still queuing to leave the car parks anyway.

Nick

Administrator
How does it work for disabled people with the parking restrictions? If they have a badge can they bypass it?

Captain Dart

Just read it is the highest in the country outside London now.

Also like Captain Dart giving it loads "Holy shit, beware!" then starts giving it the big balls :)

I guess you are happy to let people get caught out by a £100 fine.

Nick

Administrator
I guess you are happy to let people get caught out by a £100 fine.

Make your mind up, you have gone from saying look out beware to trying to have digs at Grendel because he said it was enforceable and liking posts saying it was people like him keeping those companies in business. o_O;)

Last edited:

OffenhamSkyBlue

Dont pay and ignore the letters. It cant be inforced

By using a space at a private car park, you have entered into a civil contract - police won’t take you to court for not paying.

Argue your case and stand your ground if you get a ticket – fewer than 5 per cent of cases are taken to County Court. If they are, most are found in the motorist’s favour.

Citizens Advice adds: 'A parking operator has no power to recover a parking charge without first taking court action. The company may continue to send requests to pay and you can continue to ignore these unless they decide to take you to the small claims court.

'If the parking operator does take you to court, you may be able to defend the action, for example, on the grounds that you did not park in breach of the parking rules and/or that the fee being demanded is unreasonably high.’

Under The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, landowners can hire third-party parking attendants to hand out charges, though they can no longer clamp.

What these private firms do not advertise is that they are not legally allowed to fine or penalise drivers for misusing private land – they can only impose a charge for potential losses or damages. And if you refuse to pay, the only way they can get the money off you is to pursue you through the civil courts.

That's not quite true, Marcus. It CAN be enforced, but there are a lot of things that the parking company has to do very precisely, in order to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, and many people will be able to find a loophole which would cause a District Judge in the County Court to find in their favour.

HOWEVER, while Citizens Advice is a great organization (my wife is Ops Manager at one of their member branches), their advice to ignore anything short of court action is now seen to be unwise.
IF you get a ticket OR a subsequent Notice to Keeper in the post, go to a great legal help website called the Consumer Action Group, where they have an entire section on parking on private land (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?88-Private-Land-Parking-Enforcement). This site is free, but they welcome donations. I have no personal link to this site, so am telling you about it solely to inform.

Incidentally, one of the loopholes is that the Parking Company need to have the permission of the landowner, as Marcus says. Tesco will probably only LEASE the land at Arena Park, so if it is them that has appointed the Parking Co, they may well NOT have the permission of the OWNER.
The other thing to note is that a recent Supreme Court judgement means the Parking Co does not have to prove what their costs have been, provided that the amount they are claiming is not "unconscionable" (unreasonably excessive).

Sorry for the legal bollocks, but be very careful before using Tesco to park!

Last edited:

Grendel

Having received several of their parking letters over the last few years and never paid any of their threats yes im saying Grendel is wrong.
Out of the citizens advice bureau, civil solicitors and Grendel I know who I would rather take advice from.

Its people like grendel that the company depend on shitting themselves and handing over £100

No I'm correct and the advice you are suggesting is irresponsible.

Once you enter private land you effectively have an unwritten contract with the provider.

If you choose to breach the terms of the contract they are at liberty to recover their money.

You are relying on them not taking court action. If they do and they win you are liable to costs.

More significantly the conviction could impact credit ratings. In particular providers of things like mobile phones will not allow monthly contracts with such convictions.

So I would ignore your advice based on the above.

brez

I used car park c last season but refusing to pay double this season, I f you don't mind 5 min walk, Christ the king just up the road , booked online through ricoh website £4.00, print off parking ticket for you window to display.

Nick

Administrator
I used car park c last season but refusing to pay double this season, I f you don't mind 5 min walk, Christ the king just up the road , booked online through ricoh website £4.00, print off parking ticket for you window to display.

Yep, that is better now they have the gate onto the main road rather than Wheelright Lane as well.

AFCCOVENTRY

I've heard that the reason for the price hike is if CCFC want match day revenue from car parking at Ricoh, then it would be in top of what Wasps take via Acl.

Tom's Dad

Ive often felt like parking on the maintenance lay-by on the Ricoh roundabout. I can't see any signs saying you can't park there but never had the bottle!

Nick

Administrator
Ive often felt like parking on the maintenance lay-by on the Ricoh roundabout. I can't see any signs saying you can't park there but never had the bottle!

I think they have been trying to put people off by putting those nasty plants on there, so if you walk over you rip your legs open :(

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I know this particular one isn't the clubs fault, but £10 to park now, inflated season tickets (I still haven't decided if i'll get one but probably not), away ticket postage. Couple it with a poor so-far transfer window, and it's just another thing to suck the motivation out of me a little bit.

Captain Dart

Make your mind up, you have gone from saying look out beware to trying to have digs at Grendel because he said it was enforceable and liking posts saying it was people like him keeping those companies in business. o_O;)

None of which viewpoints are inconsistent.

Captain Dart

I've heard that the reason for the price hike is if CCFC want match day revenue from car parking at Ricoh, then it would be in top of what Wasps take via Acl.

Doesn't the same change apply for Wasps matches?
I did not think CCFC got much of a % from parking.
Its a good question to put to SCG for clarification.

ClarkeZ

The parking has become problematic - loads were parking there last season and it was impossible to get a space. Let's hope the same rigour is applied to wasps games - though I doubt it.

If im not wrong, it was £10 for wasps game in car park 3 for all of last season. It was cheaper for CCFC matches, not sure why. Maybe the club had managed to make some kind of deal for it which has now been refuted.

steve82

If im not wrong, it was £10 for wasps game in car park 3 for all of last season. It was cheaper for CCFC matches, not sure why. Maybe the club had managed to make some kind of deal for it which has now been refuted.

Your correct, wasps price was £10 I looked last season to see myself

steve82

So I can only assume that CCFC managed to agree some kind of deal to keep the cost down for us. Wonder what changed.

Good question....
All I no is its a national parking company that now run the car parks. It's only car park C that's had the increase but still a crazy price increase for a not quite on site car park for league one football

ashbyjan

I will ask for some clarity at next SCG but I believe that last season ACL managed the car parks themselves and could therefore offer us a better deal on parking, now they have outsourced the car parking to a third party maybe the new operator isn't as willing to do a deal (its not Italia is it????? ;))

chiefdave

All I no is its a national parking company that now run the car parks.
That's exactly what happened. ACL outsourced the parking and the company that is now running it whacked the prices up to get more cash out of the deal.

torchomatic

THat's bollocks. It's now run by a company in London. Hike is probably due to the fees they charge. Nothing to do with CCFC.

christonabike

When the Ricoh first opened it was £10 in car park C as I had to pay one week and my old fella the next. Fooking disgrace but as long as people pay they will do it. I get my Mrs to drop us off now and give her a fiver towards petrol as Im that sort of chap.;)

chiefdave

Has there been a story on this in the CT seeing as they couldn't wait to run a story about a £1 ticket booking fee.

ccfcway

take you family, fill the car, its an extra £1 each, hardly going to break the bank

By all accounts, it takes our matchday parking price up to the same as wasps.

Users who are viewing this thread