Car Park C (1 Viewer)

Ccfc1979

For those who don't know, CCFC have just slipped on the end of a tweet that this car park is now double the price from last season. £10 to park. Probably out of their control but there you go. Tesco have tightened up on their parking policy too on match days.

Last edited:

chiefdave

They've tweeted this a few times now. Noticed that the club have been replying to complaints despite it being totally out of their control but the Ricoh have not responded to any tweets to them.

As usual there's a decent chunk of our support blaming SISU!

Greenskyblue

Without including petrol money, a drink and food, £25 with parking and ticket is hard to justify for a league cup first round match

Captain Dart

For those who don't know, CCFC have just slipped on the end of a tweet that this car park is now double the price from last season. £10 to park. Probably out of their control but there you go. Tesco have tightened up on their parking policy too on match days.

In what way? Tesco/Arena Park tried ANPR a few years ago, I got 4 or 5 tickets that were not justified.
I raised as much of a stink as I could when getting them cancelled, including insisting on speaking to the Arena Park Management in person on several occasions.
The whole thing was a considerable inconvenience, so they had to pay for it :grumpy:.
The following season they dropped the cameras, so I guess I wasn't the only one kicking up a fuss.

westofrayne

The best way to register your protest is to not use it, I wonder how long the prices will stay at this level if nobody uses it. There is no justification for a 100% increase except for greed.

As I live in Essex and drive to the games, I'm hoping someone will be able to offer alternative parking ideas please.

Nick

Administrator
Just park on the roads, I'm sure they can only enforce over a certain amount of people?

theferret

Nothing the club can do about this, it just highlights how little control we have. It is steep - if you like to sit in block 19 and park in car park c, your day out will now cost £37 for a league game! Are other options of course, but I do worry that if we have a poor start to the season we could see some very poor gates.

Captain Dart

Holy shit, beware! http://www.arenashopping.com/parking/

Match day and event parking

Match day and event parking visitors to the Ricoh Arena are not permitted to park in the Arena Shopping Park Car Parking Areas.
ANPR cameras monitor all inbound and outbound movements and vehicles parked for longer than 2 hours will be charged a £100 parking fee.

For all Ricoh event parking services please visit www.ricoharenaparking.co.uk where you can pre book an official event car parking space.

Terry Gibson's perm

Holy shit, beware! http://www.arenashopping.com/parking/

Match day and event parking

Match day and event parking visitors to the Ricoh Arena are not permitted to park in the Arena Shopping Park Car Parking Areas.
ANPR cameras monitor all inbound and outbound movements and vehicles parked for longer than 2 hours will be charged a £100 parking fee.

For all Ricoh event parking services please visit www.ricoharenaparking.co.uk where you can pre book an official event car parking space.

What happens if you go there and use all the shops it may take more than two hours:banghead:

theferret

get a bus if you're that bothered

Nobody is crying about it from what I can see. I walk to the game anyway so doesn't effect me. It's just a pity these increases are being applied against the club's wishes. Would be good to get the train service running.

Captain Dart

What happens if you go there and use all the shops it may take more than two hours:banghead:

You are fucked and will be fined £100, make sure the Mrs knows and doesn't get caught out!
It looks like there will be a lot of fines to begin and I'm sure the Telegraph will have a nice story on their hands!

Question, is a fine like this enforceable? Whether it is or not, I wouldn't like to take on Tesco by disputing it!

Captain Dart

Grendel

I can't see how this will be enforced. They will start charging normal shoppers £100

They can now legally enforce should they wish to and they are going to.

Grendel

I get that, just think it's a bit harsh for people who aren't interested in the football who may be there for more than two hours

The parking has become problematic - loads were parking there last season and it was impossible to get a space. Let's hope the same rigour is applied to wasps games - though I doubt it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Would be much easier if they just had someone stood there on the way in, charge a tenner and give you a voucher that can be redeemed in any shop if you spend over £20.

Wouldn't be Tesco, will be outsourced.

They asked me on Sunday why I was there

D

Deleted member 2477

Dont pay and ignore the letters. It cant be inforced

By using a space at a private car park, you have entered into a civil contract - police won’t take you to court for not paying.

Argue your case and stand your ground if you get a ticket – fewer than 5 per cent of cases are taken to County Court. If they are, most are found in the motorist’s favour.

Citizens Advice adds: 'A parking operator has no power to recover a parking charge without first taking court action. The company may continue to send requests to pay and you can continue to ignore these unless they decide to take you to the small claims court.

'If the parking operator does take you to court, you may be able to defend the action, for example, on the grounds that you did not park in breach of the parking rules and/or that the fee being demanded is unreasonably high.’

Under The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, landowners can hire third-party parking attendants to hand out charges, though they can no longer clamp.

What these private firms do not advertise is that they are not legally allowed to fine or penalise drivers for misusing private land – they can only impose a charge for potential losses or damages. And if you refuse to pay, the only way they can get the money off you is to pursue you through the civil courts.

Terry Gibson's perm

The parking has become problematic - loads were parking there last season and it was impossible to get a space. Let's hope the same rigour is applied to wasps games - though I doubt it.

I think they might but I guess a lot of them must walk and use public transport as all you ever seem to hear is that you can drink while watching the game so lots must be over the limit.

chiefdave

They asked me on Sunday why I was there
They use that system at the O2 when there's events on at the arena and they want you to use a car park that's further away, takes forever to get out of and costs £31 instead of £8 in the usual car park.
What they going to do if you say you're going shopping, start arguing with you?

D

Deleted member 2477

It costs them more to pursue it through a civil court than they get back so they just try it on sending letters and bank on a few paying out of fear. They never take it to court

stupot07

Doesn't surprise me its £184 for a season ticket which works out at £8 per league game with 2-3 cup games thrown in. And thats car park a, b and c. Fucking disgrace

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Dont pay and ignore the letters. It cant be inforced

By using a space at a private car park, you have entered into a civil contract - police won’t take you to court for not paying.

Argue your case and stand your ground if you get a ticket – fewer than 5 per cent of cases are taken to County Court. If they are, most are found in the motorist’s favour.

Citizens Advice adds: 'A parking operator has no power to recover a parking charge without first taking court action. The company may continue to send requests to pay and you can continue to ignore these unless they decide to take you to the small claims court.

'If the parking operator does take you to court, you may be able to defend the action, for example, on the grounds that you did not park in breach of the parking rules and/or that the fee being demanded is unreasonably high.’

Under The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, landowners can hire third-party parking attendants to hand out charges, though they can no longer clamp.

What these private firms do not advertise is that they are not legally allowed to fine or penalise drivers for misusing private land – they can only impose a charge for potential losses or damages. And if you refuse to pay, the only way they can get the money off you is to pursue you through the civil courts.

So what you are saying is Grendel just made something up about fines being enforcable.

Wouldn't be Tesco, will be outsourced.
..or their agents, whatever, this is one I got in 2008, PS I never actually paid a fine I always made sure I followed the rules, it was the parking people who got it wrong on 4 occasions out of 25 odd games.
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence concerning the above stated Parking Charge Notice.

Further to your representations, on receipt of evidence confirming your claims this charge will be reconsidered. Evidence will be accepted in the form of a receipts or a credit card statement confirming your transaction/s. Until the said evidence is received this charge will remain valid.

Yours faithfully,

Highview Parking Ltd

Last edited:

MatthewWallis

So what you are saying is Grendel just made something up about fines being enforcable.

Worth noting that only about 5% of cases get taken to court so not everybody would have to pay the fine

D

Deleted member 2477

Having received several of their parking letters over the last few years and never paid any of their threats yes im saying Grendel is wrong.
Out of the citizens advice bureau, civil solicitors and Grendel I know who I would rather take advice from.

Its people like grendel that the company depend on shitting themselves and handing over £100

Nick

Administrator
Just read it is the highest in the country outside London now.

Also like Captain Dart giving it loads "Holy shit, beware!" then starts giving it the big balls :)

Users who are viewing this thread