Callum O’hare (1 Viewer)

skyblue_55

It would seem that we can offer a substantial amount in the transfer market , for an international player , but our Doug can’t give Cal £25 or £30k a week ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Are you posting on behalf of Dawkins?

Evo1883

It would seem that we can offer a substantial amount in the transfer market , for an international player , but our Doug can’t give Cal £25 or £30k a week ?

Not every player is valued the same , do you what to improve the team or do you want to sign o hare ?

We can improve the team even if o hare goes or are our fans suggesting cal is the best attacking midfielder a club like us could attract ?

skyblue_55

You must admit that he is an integral part of not just our team , but of the dressing room , so I really can’t understand why Doug & co can’t see the massive benefits of signing him on a better contract .
We would also be in the box seat for any transfer activity that comes ….. possible millions to be made , as he will only get better .

StrettoBoy

I suspect it's not that so much as not wanting to upset other players who feel they are worth the same or similar to COH.

It will be very damaging to the morale of the squad if we have a queue of players banging on Doug's door demanding a pay rise, especially if their demands are refused.

I'm as keen as anyone to keep COH because he's my favourite player but sometimes you just have to be realistic.

I suspect he will leave in the summer and - like Hamer - end up at one of the lesser Premiership clubs, possibly one of the newly promoted ones. I fear that our only hope is to get promoted, when we may be able to afford a wage structure that keeps everyone happy.

🤞

Balli001

You must admit that he is an integral part of not just our team , but of the dressing room , so I really can’t understand why Doug & co can’t see the massive benefits of signing him on a better contract .
We would also be in the box seat for any transfer activity that comes ….. possible millions to be made , as he will only get better .
And if he doesn't want to sign it? Have you considered that?

Astute

Why would he accept an offer like that in the Championship when he is ambitious and wants to play in the Prem?

Londonccfcfan

Firmly believe Cal is waiting until the summer to make a decision and why wouldn't he? He knows he has a contract here whether he signs it now or in June so no incentive for him to sign now. If we get promoted I think he'll stay, if we don't he'll move on.
Exactly this why woukdnt he wait till the summer.

If we make it to the premier league there is no doubt he will sign the contract.

This contract offer given around xmas time is probably not our final offer.

lord_garrincha

Are you posting on behalf of Dawkins?

He was the money behind Dawk's bid for the club & CBS.

But if a club would pay him £45k a week due to there being no transfer fee, should our Doug match this... when do you draw the line?

Cally Fedora

Firstly, we don’t have any idea what King has offered O’Hare. The club seem to know he is going so it’s perfectly valid to look for a replacement and to get a quality one you need to spend money. The club doesn’t revolve around O’Hare. He signs or doesn’t - either way we move on.

ptr

It’s just not as easy as offering him 30 k a week. You offer him 30k and what to do the others think? Players that have performed on par or even better than O’Hare? Can cause unrest.

The contract should have been offered during his injury and we might well have done. We aren’t hearing anything until the end of the season. He wants to play in the premier league, same as Hamer. It’s not about the wage.

Cheylesmore ITK

The only way we know anything before June when the Premier League teams can speak to him is if someone us included offers him stupid money.

Until then we have to wait

SAJ

Yet another deluded post. You don’t know what has been offered to O’Hare. You only need to listen to what Robins said the other day to understand O’Gare is going to wait to see what else he may be offered. That’s his risk by not signing anything now a bad injury could mean his career is over but I suspect this is no different to Hamer. Simple he wants to the chance to play in the Premier League. If we make it he’ll sign if not if Leeds or one of the like offer him the chance at that standard he’ll go.

higgs

The boy obviously feels he's better than the championship level. If we go up maybe we can match his ambitions

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

The ball is definitely in Cal's court.

But he has to consider all options. Including if he get's injured between now and the end of the season, we technically have no duty of care to support him after June. I doubt we would leave him but we would have that option.

Cally Fedora

In my opinion he’s quite a long way off being a prem level player. His decision making isn’t top level and he lacks a yard of two of pace. Hamer is actually a good example. A far superior player to O’Hare and he’s barely making an impact at an already relegated club.

Skybluedownunder

Did we need another thread for this? Couldn’t this have just gone on the other thread regarding his contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alkhen

OP is assuming Cal is desperate to sign a new deal but evil Doug won't open his wallet .. ridiculous. Really stinks of that twat Dawkins stirring the pot. He is a massive negative influence on the club now. I wish more fans would call him out. Just bitter at this point. Lame

O'Hare has all the time in the world to wait and see what offers come in. He can see where we are at the end of the season and if we don't match his ambition then he can leave.

Robins has said if he leaves it won't be for the want of trying on the clubs side.

Danceswithhorses

Perhaps he doesn't want to stop, regardless of whatever is offered wage wise
This ^^^
Some people are not considering the possibility that Callum doesn't want to sign at all, wants to move to a bigger club for a big fat signing on fee and long lucrative contract, and is just stringing us along by saying 'i don't know what's going on innit', so the fans still love him, and DK/MR get all the grief.

Last edited:

SBAndy

OP is assuming Cal is desperate to sign a new deal but evil Doug won't open his wallet .. ridiculous. Really stinks of that twat Dawkins stirring the pot. He is a massive negative influence on the club now. I wish more fans would call him out. Just bitter at this point. Lame

O'Hare has all the time in the world to wait and see what offers come in. He can see where we are at the end of the season and if we don't match his ambition then he can leave.

Robins has said if he leaves it won't be for the want of trying on the clubs side.

I do wonder whether it’s bitterness or the traits of a useful idiot.

Gynnsthetonic

He started on about Sheaf leaving straight after the game yesterday as he's allegedly ITK, proper shit stirrer, he blocked me on X when I challenged him, obviously got him rattled,

Brighton Sky Blue

This isn’t complicated.

If we go up he signs, if we don’t he leaves for nothing. A win for him either way and doesn’t make sense to sign for a PL club now that’s probably in this division next season anyway.

Unlike Vik he seemingly can’t just say this in public

bawtryneal

It’s not just the £22k plus a week he wants its the signing on and loyalty bonus of couple of million quid his agents requests On his behalf.
Problem is he can achieve that with a new club as a free agent, so wants us to match it.

Hobo

Keep up. He has been offered a contract and chosen not to respond to it. He hasn't said that's not enough money? He is waiting to see what his options are at the end of the season which he is entitled to do. Get over it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

In my opinion he’s quite a long way off being a prem level player. His decision making isn’t top level and he lacks a yard of two of pace. Hamer is actually a good example. A far superior player to O’Hare and he’s barely making an impact at an already relegated club.
Would have to agree, love O'Hare but not sure many premier league clubs would take him based on 2 months football so far.

O'Hare was brilliant for us pre injury but lacked the end product to make the step up, looks to have added that now but at the moment his goalscoring form is a purple patch based on his career so far.

Think if we don't go up he's more likely to end up at Burnley in the championship as we know they were keen on him before.

Alkhen

I do wonder whether it’s bitterness or the traits of a useful idiot.
I guess it could possibly agents/players leaking bits to a known blabbermouth.

Makes everyone look stupid. As mentioned above Viks no nonsense approach was refreshing.

Alkhen

He started on about Sheaf leaving straight after the game yesterday as he's allegedly ITK, proper shit stirrer, he blocked me on X when I challenged him, obviously got him rattled,
Yeah that one boiled my piss. Idiotic comments seeing as Sheaf is contracted to summer 2026

long way home

Even if we got promoted no guarantee COH would stay. I honestly think all this talk is BS, he has been a fantastic signing and deserves to be left alone. If he goes its with a mass majority of the fans thanks.

Appreciate watching a very very player, nothing more nothing less.

Alkhen

Joke on his bald mate innit 🥚

Lads not signing a new contract, shame but I can't see him burning bridges here what would he get from that.

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread