Bury Matchday Thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

45 mins from a 23% win record for AT ;)

I'm not rising to it - and I make it 21%.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Tut tut. I have already stated we will be in the top 8 this season whoever is manager. You can now see how poor most teams are in this league. Our squad is infinitely better and I never saw anything but a win today.

Ah. I see. Even when we succeed and play well it's due to the lowly standard of our opponents. Is there no element of your being that affords you having the good grace to give credit when it's due?

Such silliness does you a disservice, Sir

Last edited:

win9nut

Been a great 45 minutes of football so far, Cov 2-0 up, Villa 3-0 down, and Leicester 1-0 down :claping hands::claping hands:

Grendel

Ah. I see. Even when we succeed and play well it's due to the lowly standard of our opponents. Is there no element of your being that affords you having the good grave to give credit when it's due?

No because I have already stated we will be top 8. Last season hands tied this season one of the strongest squads. So of course we will do much better. Better to take a consistent view over the long term than a match by match case review.

Still you will be in hallowed company as I am sure Stuart will at 5.45 be wailing "I told you those who criticised Andy Thorn know nothing about football.

Macca

Massive relief to see that we are going to be too good for a lot of teams. MMM stop acting like a bitch and enjoy it :)

Grendel

I feel I will be offered a lift home by the Minoguw sisters driving a Stella delivery lorry

Who are the Minoguw's? Don't like the sound of them. You may need the Stella.

Johnrambo

One good game and ppl think we will go up... take it easy.

If we loses the next two games, will you then think we are gonna go down?

SkyblueBazza

Ah. I see. Even when we succeed and play well it's due to the lowly standard of our opponents. Is there no element of your being that affords you having the good grace to give credit when it's due?

Winning 2-0 at half time...good-o! Errr...hang on - I'm a Cov fan, I almost forgot myself there...so errr, it's a home game...it's Bury...we ought to be 8-0 up...(& back to the tedious) "Thorn OUT"

SkyblueCookie

I think if we win this game and Brum we will really start to kick off our season. I'd say win these next two games we'll have a good unbeaten run on the go

Grendel

One good game and ppl think we will go up... take it easy.

If we loses the next two games, will you then think we are gonna go down?

There is zero chance of going down. Away results will be a determiner to success though.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No because I have already stated we will be top 8. Last season hands tied this season one of the strongest squads. So of course we will do much better. Better to take a consistent view over the long term tThan a match by match case review.

Still you will be in hallowed company as I am sure Stuart will at 5.45 be wailing "I told you those who criticised Andy Thorn know nothing about football.

So, of we're in the top 8 and thus measuring your expectation; will you cease your childishness?

Paxman II

It's games like this we need to improve our goal difference by taking advantage of the moment.
Hope for a good showing in the second 45 then!

Grendel

Winning 2-0 at half time...good-o! Errr...hang on - I'm a Cov fan, I almost forgot myself there...so errr, it's a home game...it's Bury...we ought to be 8-0 up...(& back to the tedious) "Thorn OUT"

Interesting how most of the Thorn stuff starts - normally from a goading thread like this trying for a response.

SkyblueBazza

Interesting how most of the Thorn stuff starts - normally from a goading thread like this trying for a response.

Come off Grendel...no goading is required. Many such as you were calling for his head based on various reasons some of which were valid. That is all in the past though...we have to give the guy a chance to learn his trade (since all we'd likely get instead is a.n.other learning his trade or a has-been-but-never-will-be-again) & get us on the road to success of any kind.

Paxman II

So what looked like easy street is suddenly less so. Where's the domination this half fgs. How disappointing. Come on City back on the front foot...

Users who are viewing this thread