Bury Matchday Thread (1 Viewer)

Marty

You were never confortable and by far the worst side of the four we have played so far. The first half was as bad as we have played in a long while but i still backed us to win at 50 to 1 at half time which we should have done when we were all over you second half.
I think you will have to improve massively if you have any hopes of a top half finish.
Sack your manager now he's clueless.

We were so comfortable first half, I thought we played very well, knocking it around with confidence, players creating space for themselves, you's hardly got a touch of the ball and were chasing shadows most of it. First half you were by far the worst team I've ever seen play at the Ricoh, you could hardly string 2 passes together, when we pressurized your defence they fell to pieces time after time. It could have and should have been 4 or 5 nil by half time. Second half we looked like a conference team, you's changed your team and it worked, we failed to react in time and when we did it was the wrong moves. You ended the game the better team and really should have won apart from your woeful front line missing sitter after sitter. In the championship we would have been punished and would have lost, just from these couple of games you can see the gulf in talent between the 2 divisions.

Once they got that first goal, we should have gone 4-4-2 with Jennings & Kilbane playing as defensive midfielders to just stifle the opposition, go in hard, leave there foot in challenges etc. We just needed to get hold of the ball just to stop the momentum they were building.

Just when I thought Thorn was learning (or reading my posts ;)) he goes and throws it away, I'd say the draw was as much his fault as it was the players. I do agree about Thorn, he hasn't learnt from his 14 months in the job and we still can't even do the basics.

steve72

I was really shocked at how poor your attendance was yesterday. Just over 10k for a home match h while we had over 24k with Barnsley bringing a pathetic 300 to Brighton.

We both have modern stadiums so there's no excuse.

Last edited:

Ccfcisparks

I was really shocked at how poor your attendance was yesterday. Just over 10k for a home watch while we had over 24k with Barnsley bringing a pathetic 300 to Brighton.

We both have modern stadiums so there's no excuse.

The fact is, you are in a league above us and we are in dire straights.

steve72

The fact is, you are in a league above us and we are in dire straights.
You were one of the pre-season favorites to bounce straight back and so optimism should be high. You also have one of the biggest budgets in this league. Most clubs in league one barely scrape 4,000 fans. You really can't use that excuse about being in a league lower than us mate.

Ccfcisparks

You were one of the pre-season favorites to bounce straight back and so optimism should be high. You also have one of the biggest budgets in this league. Most clubs in league one barely scrape 4,000 fans. You really can't use that excuse about being in a league lower than us mate.

Us have one of the biggest budgets in the league!? What planet are you on? The most we have spent on a player is 100k, we are in trouble off the field and all of that is pushing fans further away from the club.

steve72

Us have one of the biggest budgets in the league!? What planet are you on? The most we have spent on a player is 100k, we are in trouble off the field and all of that is pushing fans further away from the club.
Oh do me a favour,how may clubs in this league can attract 10k crowds every week ? How many clubs have spent money on transfer fees ? You will find 90% of league one clubs rely on free transfers.

Just because you haven't spent much dosh on fees you can still offer better financing deals then most teams. Also players would much rather play in your stadium than somewhere like Yeovil or Crawley.

Ccfcisparks

Oh do me a favour,how may clubs in this league can attract 10k crowds every week ? How many clubs have spent money on transfer fees ? You will find 90% of league one clubs rely on free transfers.

Just because you haven't spent much dosh on fees you can still offer better financing deals then most teams. Also players would much rather play in your stadium than somewhere like Yeovil or Crawley.

We are a team who do not have the finances to pay our stadium and there are much more teams which can offer just as many wages or even more ie; Mk Dons, Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Swindon

Sutty

An extremely self-contradictory statement.

Users who are viewing this thread