Match Thread Burton Albion vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Nov (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Messages from the last two games - which were worth losing as a way of finding out. Play offs are all that matters

4-3-3 doesn't work - midfield too thin. Stick to 4-4-2
Yoof needs to be brought in gradually. None of the promising names are really beating down the door
Shipley is having a shit time - keep him away from the front line
Brown is for the time being the 1st choice left back
We are still too dependent on an ageing midfielder who can't pass. January?

Problems definitely not solved - Ogogo. Big disappointment for me

Sky Blue Harry H

We are still too dependent on an ageing midfielder who can't pass. January?

You would hope that Kelly and/or Ogogo will have come to the party by then, otherwise you'd have to think that he may have to try and find a Doyle back up/replacement (although it would more likely be in the summer, when more transfers occur). Feel sorry for Doyle, with Bayliss a bit flat, Kelly out of it for a while, Ogogo a nogogo, and Andreu a no show. He really hasn't had a lot of support in there, and if it hadn't been for Thomas on the right, the middle of the park has been very patchy. the team's winning run in the league has been all the more remarkable for that!

johnwillomagic

Think assuming they are fit would go with this side.

Burge GK
Sterling RB
Brown LB
Davies CB
Willis CB
Thomas RM
Hiwula LM
Doyle CM
Bayliss CM
Chaplin ST
JCH ST

Subs: LOB, Mason, Hyam, Ogogo, Kelly, Jones, Bakayoko

Paxman II

This will be a tough game but after most players have missed the last couple of cup games they will restore the winning team in the league. But they best be on their game. We should win. 0-1 Chaplin.

SkyBlueMatt

Can't wait for this game. Early breakfast at weatherspoons. What pub will everyone be going to?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Looking forward to getting back into the league and putting those cup defeats behind us. Would take a point to keep up the unbeaten league run going into the Peterborough game, as long as it comes with a decent performance. Think Robins needs to get them fired up for this one though, if not I can see a pretty flat performance if we don't put Burton on the back foot early.

BrizzolSkyBlue

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play on Saturday, I think Robins sometimes portrays that a player is nowhere nowhere near fit, then all of a sudden he is in the starting lineup
Don't think that'll happen with Davies though. If it's true about him not having trained for a week I can't see him going straight back into the squad.

no_loyalty

Don't think that'll happen with Davies though. If it's true about him not having trained for a week I can't see him going straight back into the squad.

Didn't it happen with Willis for Doncaster or Accrington?, he didn't train all week due to a knee injury but started the game.

BrizzolSkyBlue

Didn't it happen with Willis for Doncaster or Accrington?, he didn't train all week due to a knee injury but started the game.
Fair point. Don't get me wrong - I'm desperate to see him back in defence and I think we'll need him on Saturday but it would be a massive bluff on MR's part if he suddenly appeared in the starting line-up for Burton. I fear the best we can hope for is that he'll be on the bench.

Nick

Administrator
Cheers, Nick.

Can't see Chaplin on the list of first goalscorer though, yet head injured Andreu is on there.

Do you know something we don't?

No, just oddschecker dont like listing our players :(

Have added him now!

edgy

Can't wait for this game. Early breakfast at weatherspoons. What pub will everyone be going to?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Devonshire to start with. Maybe Last Heratic. Then maybe to Burton Town and Tower Breweries.

The pubs listed as "Away" pubs by the local feds look a bit shit and out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread