Match Thread Burton Albion vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Burton Albion vs. Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

skybluegod

I expect it will go back to the exact same team as Accrington? Except for Sterling and maybe Bayliss back in?

Burge
Sterling
Willis
Davies
Brown
Thomas
Baylis/Ogogo
Doyle
Hiwula
Chaplin
JCH

Steve you get a like for the Doyle first name on the team sheet comment!

steve82

I expect it will go back to the exact same team as Accrington? Except for Sterling and maybe Bayliss back in?

Burge
Sterling
Willis
Davies
Brown
Thomas
Baylis/Ogogo
Doyle
Hiwula
Chaplin
JCH

Steve you get a like for the Doyle first name on the team sheet comment!

Was a Mike Bassett moment but I seriously want us to play this way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skybluegod

Think despite all of Doyle's limitations as a footballer, he's indispensable to the team, which is worrying at his age. Need to find his replacement ASAP. Ogogo really needs to step up now, he's not a like for like player, but if he's as good as had been advertised, he needs to make himself the right player to fit the team.

Nick

Administrator
Think despite all of Doyle's limitations as a footballer, he's indispensable to the team, which is worrying at his age. Need to find his replacement ASAP. Ogogo really needs to step up now, he's not a like for like player, but if he's as good as had been advertised, he needs to make himself the right player to fit the team.

I don't think it's necessarily the CM position. It's just somebody to give us a bit of fight.

When I was reading about Ogogo when he signed I thought he would bring that (he did get sent off for fighting on the pitch) but he hasn't really shown any of it.

There's nobody else who's trying to snap at ankles or leave the boot in, the closest other player we have is Thomas. Despite his size and the type of player he is, he is much more "streetwise" than a lot of our senior players.

skybluegod

I don't think it's necessarily the CM position. It's just somebody to give us a bit of fight.

When I was reading about Ogogo when he signed I thought he would bring that (he did get sent off for fighting on the pitch) but he hasn't really shown any of it.

There's nobody else who's trying to snap at ankles or leave the boot in, the closest other player we have is Thomas. Despite his size and the type of player he is, he is much more "streetwise" than a lot of our senior players.

Yep agree, just think it is easiest/more influential from a CM position.

The problem with Ogogo, is that he is that type of player, but he cannot play the holding role, he likes to press high and tackle higher up the pitch, which does not fit in with the system we use. So he is rather shackled when we play imo.

Agree, we need to be a bit more nitty gritty, which is why Kelly is also important. A lot of our players are pussies. Some have great games where they stand up to the test. but on the whole it doesn't happen!

lord_garrincha

Quick question... As this is an international week, does this mean that this game can be viewed in the UK through i-follow?

Wasn't this the case for Wycombe at home (I was at the match so can't be certain about this).

steve82

Grimmer--Willis---Hyam---Brown
Thomas--Ogogo---Doyle--Hiwula
--------Chaplin----JCH---------

Hyam retains his spot with Davies likely still injured. Grimmer starts for to for me. Sterling cannot come straight back in after missing so much football.

Tom Bayliss doesn’t warrant a start and MR likes a conservative side away from home so Ogogo suits his away tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Burge
Sterling
Willis
Davies
Brown
Doyle
Kelly
Thomas
Hiwula
Chaplin
JCH

2-1 win, keeping us going nicely in the league

Magwitch

Is Davies still injured then ? A blow if he is we not as tight at the back without him, he seems to take time to shake of these knocks

steve82

Is Davies still injured then ? A blow if he is we not as tight at the back without him, he seems to take time to shake of these knocks

Has a groin injury sustained against Accrington, not trained since.

Sky Blue Harry H

Only thing that might not be too bad is I think they're a fairly small side (with energy). so I don't think we'll be facing a big lump up against us. Main man Boyce is away with N Ireland and Sordell is an injury doubt, Glad Ben Turner is out (danger at set pieces) Still think this will be a really tough game, Hoping Thomas is on song, and Chaplin/Hiwula turn up. A win any old how (but wouldn't turn my nose up at a draw)

fernandopartridge

Only thing that might not be too bad is I think they're a fairly small side (with energy). so I don't think we'll be facing a big lump up against us. Main man Boyce is away with N Ireland and Sordell is an injury doubt, Glad Ben Turner is out (danger at set pieces) Still think this will be a really tough game, Hoping Thomas is on song, and Chaplin/Hiwula turn up. A win any old how (but wouldn't turn my nose up at a draw)

Agreed, be delighted with a win and content with a draw depending on who scores first.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Reading this thread makes the mind tick over.

We are a massive team of pussies apart from 3 or 4 players, most of which won't be playing.

I think we'll lose this one.

no_loyalty

Has a groin injury sustained against Accrington, not trained since.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play on Saturday, I think Robins sometimes portrays that a player is nowhere nowhere near fit, then all of a sudden he is in the starting lineup

Users who are viewing this thread