Burton Albion (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Whenever we come up against a side that were non-League just a few years ago, it hits me again how far we have fallen from our glory days in the Premiership.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw. Our goal will come from a non-striker, theirs from either a sloppy defensive mistake or Burge imitating a statue.

SlowerThanPlatt

SHANE Cansdell-Sherriff says Burton Albion are not intimidated by Coventry City's away following – and backs the Brewers to be even louder on Sunday.

The Sky Blues are expected to bring close to 2,000 fans for the game – which will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Both sides have started the League One season well but it is the Brewers who are two points clear of City – having won four of their first five games.

Tony Mowbray's side have won three, drawn one and lost one so far and will hope for a good atmosphere from their travelling faithful on Sunday.

But experienced defender Cansdell-Sherriff, while admitting the match is an important one, is backing the Brewers to be louder on the day and spur the side on to victory once more.

"Coventry have got a good history," said Cansdell-Sherriff. "They're a big club and they've started well, but every game is a big game for us.

"It was last year and it is this year. We've got to keep building on what we've done so far.

"We've done well but that's all gone now, and we've got to continue doing well. It's an important match and a big one for us.

"The fans will be great for the atmosphere, and for the spirit of the game, to have that full house and to keep it loud and lively.

"But I'm sure we'll be a lot louder on the day."

ready_96

He'll keep the formation the same as monday and give tudgay a start. i expect a similar game to southend on monday night. im going for a 2-3 city win lameras, tudgay and reda scoring

Ashdown

Be a real bonus with having a few players out. Should be a good sporting weekend with Cov to win at the BPA tomorrow and City to sneak a win in front of the cameras !

LB87ccfc

Would take a draw, they have a decent home record, and are playing good quality football themselves whilst keeping things tight.

SlowerThanPlatt

[MENTION=2910]cov[/MENTION]entry_City: Just under 1800 tickets sold for Sunday's match at @burtonalbionfc! Great support! If you're going, remember kick-off is at 2:30pm #pusb

Otis

0-2. Too many players missing, squad too thin to cope. Even though Armstrong has been quieter these past 2 matches, both him and Maddison out of the game is going to be a big miss

Going to just our luck that a player is going to get injured and a kid have to come on. Very few options now to change our front line if the game plan isn't working.

Really can't see anything other than defeat.

(and this is coming from a normally very optimistic poster)

On the back of the imminent Marc-Antoine Fortune signing, can I just tweak my prediction slightly and alter it from 0-2 to 5-1. :whistle:

shmmeee

2-2

O'Brien and Tudgay to score.

Team I think will be:

Burge
Philips Rickets Reda Stokes
Vincelot Fleck
O'Brien Lameiras Murphy
Tudgay

S: Charles-Cook, Haynes, Martin, Thomas, Thomas, Lateef, Fortune

stupot07

Think we'll lose this one 2-1. JOB to score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Paxman II

Win for us 1-3. Burton have started well but can't see them sustaining it. We on the other hand have TM and his away tactics will see us through this one.

letsallsingtogether

Win Win Win for us:thinking about::thinking about:

Then again we are on the telly.

But I still can't wait for the game to kick off, I've got my ticket safe and sound :)

PUSB

jackdg

I normally hate when people ask for links to watch the game but as this is on sky I guess there will be some?! I'm on honeymoon in Malaysia so any expats who know of reliable links please help me out! (Don't tell the wife!)

Astute

I normally hate when people ask for links to watch the game but as this is on sky I guess there will be some?! I'm on honeymoon in Malaysia so any expats who know of reliable links please help me out! (Don't tell the wife!)

I wonder who wears the trousers in your house :D

skybluejelly

I can see lots of pressure from them for the first half hour and as long as we hold out .. Can see us winning .. 12/5 at bet Fred looks a great price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtrench

If anyone is in Winchester I plan to be at the White Swan in Hyde Street for the game.

SlowerThanPlatt

Aaron Phillips is out his dad said...what's happening now? Ricketts would get torn a new one at right-back, he's struggling with the pace at CB atm...

Terry Gibson's perm

Aaron Phillips is out his dad said...what's happening now? Ricketts would get torn a new one at right-back, he's struggling with the pace at CB atm...

If fleck was right footed he could go there but would have to move forward a bit from where he played on Monday :whistle:

Steve.B50

Any pub is ok in Burton, most the people in the town don't even know they have a footbal team. It's an okplace to be honest even if a little backward just walk round the centre and you wil find one with the city anthem singing out

Users who are viewing this thread