Burton Albion (Away) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Whether you like Burge or not, if he isn't going to catch the ball then he should at least try and punch or palm the bleedin thing away.
Exactly, if they had somebody on the end of his drops it means goals. Just punch it

mrtrench

Fleck, Vincelot and Reda the best today for me. The defence as a whole was a solid unit and Burton were limited to sporadic periods of pressure.

D

Deleted member 2477

Surely after today tm and oggy can see hes the week link even after that decent save

Covstar

Fantastic win today! Great support from the sky blue army. Whilst Murphy was top class, Burge was on the other end of the scale. I would play Charles-Cook in goal next game. He's always looked more assured to me than Burge. Other than that , let's keep this going! Up to 2nd now!

skybluetony176

Great win on the road. That's us up to second. Got a feeling that the top end is going to be tight this season. I know its early days but there's no sign of daylight appearing anywhere.

Have we played more of the top end teams than anyone else in the top half? Got a feeling we have. That's a positive if so.

hill83

Great win on the road. That's us up to second. Got a feeling that the top end is going to be tight this season. I know its early days but there's no sign of daylight appearing anywhere.

Have we played more of the top end teams than anyone else in the top half? Got a feeling we have. That's a positive if so.

Feelings won't cut it on here Big Tone. We need evidence.

lifeskyblue

Come on everyone...we beat a team that could have gone top today, we came from behind and could have won more comfortably and we played hard as a team and for each other....and still we are looking for a scapegoat. He may not be the best keeper at this level but whilst TM has faith in him then I shall support his inclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to be able to see how we're looking these days.

Could those who see us more regularly tell me whether a win without Armstrong makes it extra special? How important is he to the team?

Nick

Administrator
Nice to be able to see how we're looking these days.

Could those who see us more regularly tell me whether a win without Armstrong makes it extra special? How important is he to the team?
It's good we can cope without individuals!

Johnnythespider

Great away performance. It's looking pretty good so far. Would personally like an experienced keeper for Burge to understudy but you don't always get what you want.

Kingokings204

Lee burge was dyer today and this really needs to get sorted out asap. We need an experienced keeper in there. Even Reice for the next game?

I thought all of them were brilliant today. The defense was brilliant. They had to be else burge would of cost us 2 points.

It's good we can cope without individuals!

From what I've seen he looks like the best finisher at the club but it's good to have someone with a bit of experience in Tudgay as a back up.

I thought Murphy looked very talented.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tudgay was superb but that miss at the end was criminal, that should have been slammed in the net and the last 10 minutes would have been much more comfortable.

no_loyalty

Great result against a very good side, need to follow it up with 3 points at Scunthorpe to get Robins the sack

Terry Gibson's perm

Nah just going on about the save and giving him credit for being decisive in coming out (he did say its not much good if he drops it but at least he was decisive. )

It was a good save but one he should make, maybe he is trying too hard with the crosses

Sick Boy

Great away performance. It's looking pretty good so far. Would personally like an experienced keeper for Burge to understudy but you don't always get what you want.

What's the point in him being an understudy? He isn't good ebough for this level yet. He may progress to be an average league 1 player one day, but if we have any ambitions then we need to replace him asap

Astute

And I will support Conor Thomas and Lee Burge every time they put the Coventry shirt on PUSB

We should all support our players. But Burge isn't good enough yet. We were lucky to get away with his mistakes today. If we are going to be serious contenders for promotion he needs to either quickly improve or we need another keeper. And noticing this doesn't mean that we don't support him.

Sick Boy

I never understand why some seem to latch onto players whom aren't good enough and insist that one day they will come good.

grego_gee

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread