Burge, Willis and Davies (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

No issues at all with them wanting to better themselves. Let's be honest it's a bit rich asking for loyalty when you have bitched about a player for years as being shit and are saying we should move on players who aren't getting picked.
If they are made a better offer elsewhere then they will be off if not they will stay.
As for their destinations I hope they get to play as high up the pyramid as they can.
You or I are not the judge of that and surely lessons should be learned from the Murphy, Maddison, Wilson not being premiership standard.
I hope they stay but it's out of the clubs hands if they can't match or better the incoming offers. Circle of life.

steve82

Players Over 24

A Player aged 24 years or over as at 30th June is entitled (subject to Regulation 43 to sign for any Club of his choice without restriction on the expiry of his contract on or after that date without payment of any Compensation Fee.

A Player who is under 24 years as at 30th June will have to wait until the following 30th June before he is entitled to the benefit of Regulation 70.1.

An Over 24 Player who has refused an offer of re-engagement which, in the opinion of the Board is not less favourable than the Player’s current contractual terms, shall not be entitled to any severance or other payment in respect of the expiry of his contract or for any period after the expiry of his contract.

Burge - January 9th 1993. Current age 25.
Willis - August 24th 1994. Current age 24

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ricketts

We will miss Willis more than any other player at the club. And he has taken plenty of s*** on here. Most of it unfairly may I add.

So have all the players. I have never known a forum with such a bunch of clueless vitriolic wankers (except the Facebook fan page). I am learning who is who though, so try and ignore the tripe.

I prefer supporters.

Londonccfcfan

Yeah I agree, think Burge and Willis at this point in time are your biggest loss unless we find another athletic central defender with 200 games under his belt. A keeper in January is a tricky one to find too.

Davies we’ve already Dom Hyam in the similar mould.

Who knows what deals may be offered too or player coming in exchange that may swing his thinking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good no nonsense defender that Davies is, would be a loss, but not massive as we are all on tender hooks at times as hes likely to do something very stupid and get sent off! like Play off first leg, subsequent 3 game ban! that could have really hurt us but Hyam did fabulous job to cover and I think rightly deserves to be first choice.

Willis I think is very settled here and is probably on a decent contract no doubt. so is replaceable on the wages front but obviously hope he stays and we give him a improved contract for the championship!

As others have said id be disappointed if Burge decided to leave as we havnt fully reaped the rewards of investing so much time in him.

Apart from the stadium situation they should be looking that on the pitch we are moving forward, why wouldn't you want to be part of the journey.

ccfcway

So have all the players. I have never known a forum with such a bunch of clueless vitriolic wankers (except the Facebook fan page). I am learning who is who though, so try and ignore the tripe.

I prefer supporters.

2 best things about this site.

1) its a great place to follow the goings on of ccfc and interactive with other fans
2) it allows you to ignore people

Grendel

I prefer supporters.

This site and supporters are no different to others.

Footballers are in the entertainment business and need to deliver. It’s hardky a new concept chucking rotten tomatoes at those actors and entertainers failing to deliver. The only difference is it’s now insults on a forum.

Grendel

2 best things about this site.

1) its a great place to follow the goings on of ccfc and interactive with other fans
2) it allows you to ignore people

What a boring fellow you are

NortonSkyBlue

This site and supporters are no different to others.

Footballers are in the entertainment business and need to deliver. It’s hardky a new concept chucking rotten tomatoes at those actors and entertainers failing to deliver. The only difference is it’s now insults on a forum.
WWE is entertainment, football is sport and you have eleven players trying to stop you achieving your aim. There has to winners and losers(draws apart) In trying to win skill, effort and sometimes luck come in to play.
I believe that the bile spewed at players is totally out of sync with all that is reasonable. You see it all n all sites but what strikes me is that once a player is targeted it is malicious and relentless.
Jordan Shipley is a current point in case. How is that supposed to help a player already lacking in confidence?

Grendel

WWE is entertainment, football is sport and you have eleven players trying to stop you achieving your aim. There has to winners and losers(draws apart) In trying to win skill, effort and sometimes luck come in to play.
I believe that the bile spewed at players is totally out of sync with all that is reasonable. You see it all n all sites but what strikes me is that once a player is targeted it is malicious and relentless.
Jordan Shipley is a current point in case. How is that supposed to help a player already lacking in confidence?

You get a thick skin. If you haven’t find a new profession

I don’t btw disagree either if a beer bellied slob yelled at Shipley for being useless and Shipley shouted back come and try yourself you fat bastard.

If anyone thinks the terraces are bad go to a cricket match in Australia and see the vilification. The difference is they give it back and don’t care. Actually some of the worst abuse I’ve ever seen was at cricket matches in Yorkshire.

Last edited:

Gibbo

I would imagine 90% of out of contract players up and down the country are not talking to their current club, the agents probably whore them out to every club going, get the best offer then go back to the parent club saying club X is offering this much a week and signing on over to you!

Rubbish for us but agents being agents!

Would like to keep Davies if Willis does go.
that is it in a nutshell

D

Deleted member 2477

I prefer supporters.
You only see some of the members when we lose and they come on here to spout crap that Robins needs to go and the team are shit. We always seem to have to pick on a player to slate no matter how well the team are doing.
No wonder players at this club hardly ever renew contracts or go down hill

The current boo boy is Chaplin followed by Doyle and its the same so called fans who get on their backs instead of backing them

Gibbo

It's that time again, when people assume footballers should show a level of loyalty barely anybody else would show in the same situation

1. They are all on short term contracts
2. They have a career of 20 years max more likely 12-15 years. They have a duty to themselves to maximize their earnings during that period
3. Pay in L.1 and L.2 is nothing special, the money kicks in at Championship level.
4. We all know of retired ex-city players earning bugger all doing very basic jobs.

I rather like Robins' zen approach, it actually sounds like quite a good negotiating strategy. You don't want to sound desperate, it only drives up the price. As I_saw_shaw_score says, the agent will seek to find the best market price for his player (as he/she is duty bound to do) and then we will see if it is too high to match. Almost all of L.1 is in the same boat.

The key issue is timing. We don't want one of them leaving at the last minute, with no replacement. Personally I think Willis, while good, is over-rated by this forum, while Davies is bang on for this level - injuries notwithstanding. Burge will be difficult to replace at short notice

M

Martw

Can anybody confirm Hyam's contract status? - certainly need him on a longer deal if the other two bugger off... Bottom line is that its a food chain and one we aint that high up on sadly.

Grendel

You only see some of the members when we lose and they come on here to spout crap that Robins needs to go and the team are shit. We always seem to have to pick on a player to slate no matter how well the team are doing.
No wonder players at this club hardly ever renew contracts or go down hill

The current boo boy is Chaplin followed by Doyle and its the same so called fans who get on their backs instead of backing them

Chaplin has had more leniency than any player I’ve known

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Do you think the ground issue may be a factor in players deciding not to sign?
Could well have a factor.

Players will be thinking just like the fans, where will (we ) the team be playing , will there (be) a football club next season .

So why wouldn't players leave all options open.

Then come the end of the season if the worst happens, player's can just walk away.

better days

Do you think the ground issue may be a factor in players deciding not to sign?
Yes
Players are like the rest of us
If we work for a company where the future is uncertain we wouldn't be human if it didn't make us unsettled and look for alternatives
We all have bills to pay

Covstu

We've stuck by burge through thick and thin. Through a fuck load of mistakes. Would really hurt if he now thinks, I'm better than you see ya.

I've had the impression for years that Willis will never leave cov. I'm not worried there and Davies has been unlucky with injuries hence losing his place.
Bullshit, fans gave Burge a shedload of abuse and has never been classed as good enough. He improved but let’s face it his understudy is nowhere near good enough either

Brighton Sky Blue

They can all only negotiate with teams from outside England, so unless anyone from Scotland comes in with a contract the only way we lose them for nowt is if everyone waits till the end of the season. Does the stadium situation have an effect possibly but keeping in mind Burge and Willis were here when we exiled ourselves in Northampton it's hard to call that. None of these guys have ever shown promise above League 1 level and would find themselves out of their depths like Mr McNulty has been.

If any have to go this month would prefer it not to be Burge...

Covstu

Like McNulty if someone dangles a shedload of cash they will go. We need to show some ambition and prove to these players that we are pushing for the championship. We cannot compete on wages sadly but I actually think Willis is the only player that has the ability to step up a league and would be gutted if we don’t get a penny for him

oucho

"But asked if City have begun talks about extending their stays at the Ricoh Arena, Robins said: “It’s too early." Yep - the agreement with Wasps is yet to be signed!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think Hyam's recent form has brought on a few throwaway comments about Davies.

He, for me, would be a massive loss.

Any of them leaving will be a massive loss though to be honest, but I think cashing in now would be better than them leaving for nothing in the summer. We could then really stengthen with the money and go for it next year.

First pick would be to lose none of them though.

Cavan O'Doherty

Burge was no way near good enough until last season, so for him to leave at the first opportunity would be an insult. The club stuck by him when he was making mistake after mistake when most other clubs would’ve got shot of him.

JimmyHillsbeard

What has Robins been doing,letting there contracts run down,don't tell me,he will let them all go on a free,all while he goes looking for some freebie's elsewhere,why hasn't he done what he is paid to do,instead of sucking up to joy,why not make a stand and say no,they are part of our plan,oh i forget,were in no position to negotiate anything,we are just a club hanging on

It’s not the manager’s job to negotiate contracts. Not since the mid-90s.

On the other hand, Managers also have agents and if I were Willis or Burge reading of the manager’s confusion over their willingness to commit to a new contract rather than consider their options I would be tempted to utter the words “Huddersfield” and “Town” in the next team meeting.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s not the manager’s job to negotiate contracts. Not since the mid-90s.

On the other hand, Managers also have agents and if I were Willis or Burge reading of the manager’s confusion over their willingness to commit to a new contract rather than consider their options I would be tempted to utter the words “Huddersfield” and “Town” in the next team meeting.

Robins would probably counter with another reference to boning his wife so probably best not

Speedies_Chips

Good no nonsense defender that Davies is, would be a loss, but not massive as we are all on tender hooks at times as hes likely to do something very stupid and get sent off! like Play off first leg, subsequent 3 game ban! that could have really hurt us but Hyam did fabulous job to cover and I think rightly deserves to be first choice.

Willis I think is very settled here and is probably on a decent contract no doubt. so is replaceable on the wages front but obviously hope he stays and we give him a improved contract for the championship!

As others have said id be disappointed if Burge decided to leave as we havnt fully reaped the rewards of investing so much time in him.

Nice to see 'tender hooks' make a re-appearance :)
Apart from the stadium situation they should be looking that on the pitch we are moving forward, why wouldn't you want to be part of the journey.

Sky Blue Pete

You get a thick skin. If you haven’t find a new profession

I don’t btw disagree either if a beer bellied slob yelled at Shipley for being useless and Shipley shouted back come and try yourself you fat bastard.

If anyone thinks the terraces are bad go to a cricket match in Australia and see the vilification. The difference is they give it back and don’t care. Actually some of the worst abuse I’ve ever seen was at cricket matches in Yorkshire.
Would so love that - how brilliant would it be?

Users who are viewing this thread