Burge, Willis and Davies (1 Viewer)

sylus

Here we go again,Robins has no bottle

Otis

What bottle would you like him to have?

You can't make players sign new contracts and they can all be off in the summer.

Hardly got any leverage has he.

scottccfc

stoke at the minute have butland and federici between the sticks, I can see butland leaving them in the summer for a prem team but surely burge would still be the benched goalkeeper up there

Magwitch

Davies misses a lot of games through injury and Burge and Willis aren’t irreplaceable, we have youngsters in Thompson and Williams and I suspect Robins has irons in the fire too. For me Hyam has become our main man at the back and apparently Grimmer has played there too, not to fazed players move on at this level and let’s be honest if Burgey leaves that’s a little less time Grendel is on here moaning.

steve82

What you asking him to do?
Holding guns to players heads is not your usual style of contract negotiations, well maybe in Argentina but not for L1 in England.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sylus

In what way?

What has Robins been doing,letting there contracts run down,don't tell me,he will let them all go on a free,all while he goes looking for some freebie's elsewhere,why hasn't he done what he is paid to do,instead of sucking up to joy,why not make a stand and say no,they are part of our plan,oh i forget,were in no position to negotiate anything,we are just a club hanging on

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think all three will realise the grass isn't greener on the other side.

Mark Robins is building a good team and squad and their best chances of playing at a higher level are with us.

I would imagine 90% of out of contract players up and down the country are not talking to their current club, the agents probably whore them out to every club going, get the best offer then go back to the parent club saying club X is offering this much a week and signing on over to you!

Rubbish for us but agents being agents!

Would like to keep Davies if Willis does go.

Nick

Administrator
What has Robins been doing,letting there contracts run down,don't tell me,he will let them all go on a free,all while he goes looking for some freebie's elsewhere,why doesn't hasn't he done what he is paid to do,instead of sucking up to joy,why not make a stand and say no,they are part of our plan,oh i forget,were in no position to negotiate anything,we are just a club hanging on

What are you on about now?

Not sure how he is sucking up to anybody? The ball is in the player's court who have agents trying to sniff out money, as he has said.

wince

This is why the sisu plan is flawed, lots of clubs bring on young talent and then sell them on we have always done it, but we don't offer the next contract up so risk loosing the player for nothing(like Gunnison and Westwood)remember there are around ten players out of contract , to replace like for like , all ten, would cost easily 2 mill , so the money made on Maddison and Wilson now doesn't look as much ,ironically if you look at Southampton who sisu nearly bought before us they have sold , bale, Walcott , cline, van dijk plus many more but received million in return , we all be it on a smaller scale are getting next to nothing

Otis

Davies misses a lot of games through injury and Burge and Willis aren’t irreplaceable, we have youngsters in Thompson and Williams and I suspect Robins has irons in the fire too. For me Hyam has become our main man at the back and apparently Grimmer has played there too, not to fazed players move on at this level and let’s be honest if Burgey leaves that’s a little less time Grendel is on here moaning.
He'll always find something else.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Strange comments by robins doesn’t seem to know much about contract situations or signings .. 6 months to go isn’t a long time get them in the office and sign 2/3 year deals this clubs need stabalilty we can’t keep changing 10 players every season.

If Willis goes we simply have to keep Davies for me both brilliant centre backs.

Burge has come on a lot the last couple of seasons, I think he would be daft in some ways to move. Good keeper now but no better then this level.

Personally I'm enjoying Mark Robins recent splurge of very vague comments about various things. You really don't know what he is thinking, very intriguing.
I'm serious by the way!

fernandopartridge

This seems to suggest that our contract renewals aren't done in the way you would imagine.

Sounds like we don't offer new contracts. If the player wants to stay, they have to come to the table and request a new contract.

No, I suspect it's more that agents now set up Chinese walls around their players. The club will have to approach an agent which the club probably doesn't want to do as there may be fees involved.

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
No, I suspect it's more that agents now set up Chinese walls around their players. The club will have to approach an agent which the club probably doesn't want to do as there may be fees involved.

That's the thing, they will be on overdrive just trying to get the most money for the player (and themselves).

They won't let Robins go up to Burge in training and say "come and have a chat about a contract". It will need to have the agents there.

SkyBlueCRJ

No offence, but I don't think Burge is good enough for the Championship.

I think Willis could make the step up, but I don't think Burge is able to. Not yet anyway.

I was thinking this. Burge has been fantastic this season but he'd almost certainly struggle in the Championship.

luwalla

We've stuck by burge through thick and thin. Through a fuck load of mistakes. Would really hurt if he now thinks, I'm better than you see ya.

a few have stuck by him, the larger voice in the stadium hasn't... unless by 'stick by him' you meant we jeered every percieved mistake.. but continued to play him because he was the best we have.

Nick

Administrator
a few have stuck by him, the larger voice in the stadium hasn't... unless by 'stick by him' you meant we jeered every percieved mistake.. but continued to play him because he was the best we have.

Any goalie making silly mistakes will have people pissed off.

Winny the Bish

Cash in now. We're not going to get promoted this season, so we might as well get some cash for them and look down the leagues & in the loan market for some replacements.

SBAndy

I thought it a tad suspicious at the Boxing Day game that Willis’ agent was there talking to his dad alongside another agent. Hope there’s no move on the horizon for either him or Burge. Davies I like but I understand if he wants to be first choice and he is replaceable.

Joy Division

Would be gutted to lose all of them, Willis especially but I think he's the only one of the three I feel deserves to test himself at a higher level. I wouldn't begrudge him a move.

Ooh Ah

And so it begins.

Clubs, players and their representatives will be quite clear where each stands on contracts - "he wants to play more; he wants a salary increase; you need to improve x to make the first team" etc.. MR may not know exact details but knows what's going on. We are being prepared.

Question is for what? My guess is one might get sold this window.

Nick

Administrator
Will we still get compensation for Willis if he is 24?

We won't get anything for Burge who is 25.

Liquid Gold

Willis would be a big loss, Davies I like but is replaceable. If Burge fucks off at the first opportunity after us sticking with his effort for years then he's a twat.

cc84cov

Plenty of good players knocking around the leagues I’m confident this window Robins is going to really improve us.Arsenal have some great young players as we’ve seen maybe another loan from higher league clubs will be a decent shout.

Great_Expectations

Surprised at all three in a way, but especially Burge. He’s been supported by the club for a good few years and he is finally repaying that. I wonder if him not starting the season in goal has anything to do with that (I’m not starting a conspiracy theory I genuinely can’t remember)?

I think Willis will stay, he’s not good enough for a higher level Championship club yet, so unless a lower league team offers a substantial pay increase, why not stay with what he knows and where he is trusted. Especially as I do think we will challenge over the next two seasons.

In both cases the ideal is to be promoted with us.

I’m also suprised by Davies, as the majority of times he’s not started it’s been following suspension or injury, seldom ability, so he must know he’s rated and will get a chance again. However as much I really rate him, of the two centre backs he’s the most dispensable; Willis has pace which is hard to find in a CB, especially at our level.

Users who are viewing this thread