Build back in a gender neutral more feminine way (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Yes, your observation that women weren’t even allowed to vote until 100 years ago really blows a hole into my argument that western women aren’t the most privileged group on the planet.

Not really. Children worked in coal mines less than a century ago and most are now extremely privileged it’s utter drivel to go back and use historical views on society and compare to today - at least in western society women have a value now unlike many draconian societies that continue to abuse and mistreat them. That’s something to celebrate and I’m sure you agree.

SBT

Not really. Children worked in coal mines less than a century ago and most are now extremely privileged it’s utter drivel to go back and use historical views on society and compare to today - at least in western society women have a value now unlike many draconian societies that continue to abuse and mistreat them. That’s something to celebrate and I’m sure you agree.

I surely do agree, but we were never talking about non-western societies, so it’s academic.

“At least you’re not in the coal mines” isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of modern progress and equality. But then again, if you really do think modern historical context is totally irrelevant to the way things are today, then maybe you do just think things are “as they should be”.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why bother. I suspect dreamer dreamt of a better life and still lives the same miserable one he’s lived for years - no property hike, no big car, no big holiday. He is angry and wants to blame something for his own personal inadequacies - he’s not alone on here.

Not particularly. Stopped wanting a big/expensive car a long time ago. Don't particularly enjoy holidays either - I get bored. I'll admit I'd have loved the opportunity to design my own house but given the arsehole I'd have had to have been to get enough funding to do so it's something I can live without - I don't need it.

I'm far more pissed off at the shitshow that this world continues to be based on greed and people like you with a 'bugger you Jack, I'm alright' attitude. It's failed in the past, it's failing now and it will fail in the future yet because those in control don't suffer due to it it never changes. I know it could be better than this.

The only way I envy you is that you've clearly never been in a situation where you've had to reassess what matters and so been able to concentrate on the materialistic side of life. In some ways I'd love to still have such an ignorant view - ignorance is bliss - but far more I pity you not being able to see the beauty and potential beyond your own little world.

Not long ago I remember you mentioning about the travesty of care homes and I guess that's because it was something that you actually had to experience yourself, possibly for an ageing parent. So you could see it when it affected you and were outraged, despite the fact you've spent a lifetime voting for the people that underfund the sector and made it like it is. Well that shit is across the board and affects people everyday. Of course I wish you no ill will or poor health but for all you know you could suffer a life changing event tomorrow that your lifetime of trying to accumulate money and possessions will mean nothing.

COV

Not particularly. Stopped wanting a big/expensive car a long time ago. Don't particularly enjoy holidays either - I get bored. I'll admit I'd have loved the opportunity to design my own house but given the arsehole I'd have had to have been to get enough funding to do so it's something I can live without - I don't need it.

I'm far more pissed off at the shitshow that this world continues to be based on greed and people like you with a 'bugger you Jack, I'm alright' attitude. It's failed in the past, it's failing now and it will fail in the future yet because those in control don't suffer due to it it never changes. I know it could be better than this.

The only way I envy you is that you've clearly never been in a situation where you've had to reassess what matters and so been able to concentrate on the materialistic side of life. In some ways I'd love to still have such an ignorant view - ignorance is bliss - but far more I pity you not being able to see the beauty and potential beyond your own little world.

Not long ago I remember you mentioning about the travesty of care homes and I guess that's because it was something that you actually had to experience yourself, possibly for an ageing parent. So you could see it when it affected you and were outraged, despite the fact you've spent a lifetime voting for the people that underfund the sector and made it like it is. Well that shit is across the board and affects people everyday. Of course I wish you no ill will or poor health but for all you know you could suffer a life changing event tomorrow that your lifetime of trying to accumulate money and possessions will mean nothing.

I think thats a great post

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

he also mentioned female prime minister - we’ve had two clearly - as well as a female Asian Home Secretary from humble beginnings, and 4 other cabinet Positions I think are held by women

All of whom have shown very few 'female' traits and have shown lack of empathy for numerous people. In fact they've probably had to be more 'alpha male' than the men to get into those positions. Patel in particular seems to be an absolutely vile human being.

COV

All of whom have shown very few 'female' traits and have shown lack of empathy for numerous people. In fact they've probably had to be more 'alpha male' than the men to get into those positions. Patel in particular seems to be an absolutely vile human being.

She posted a tweet about the Euros- "Come on England"

Someone immediately replied "If football came home you'd deport it"

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Does anybody know how people were treated in 1000BC on these shores?

Fucking hell.

It's been suggested that the older Celtic/Pagan societies actually likely cared far better for their elderly and infirm because they'd found a higher proportion of remains of people living into relative old age (for the time) with health conditions that would require help from others for them to survive compared to during Roman times etc.

They're considered savages because of who got to write the history. (Not to say they wouldn't have done things we'd consider savage and primitive due to religious beliefs)

Ian1779

Does anybody know how people were treated in 1000BC on these shores?

Fucking hell.
Dunno - but pretty sure they were waiting for immigrants to bring over the basis of entire culture and civilisation as we know it today.

Grendel

Of course it means something - my family will benefit - I’ve been to work without having to when there was a COVID outbreak - if I dropped dead at least I’d be safe in the knowledge I’ve avoided IHT with my planning

Grendel

You’re right, historical views on society is COMPLETELY separate from societal divides today.

Oh apart from slavery

What in earth are you on about?

Grendel

lol misogyny and racism in one post

Grendel

where is this alleged misogyny and racism

Women need to be feminine and not show masculine traits - classic misogyny and the fact Patel is singled out - we all know why

COV

Women need to be feminine and not show masculine traits - classic misogyny and the fact Patel is singled out - we all know why

because she seems a vile human being? I don’t see the issue, she does.

what colour is Margaret Thatcher?

Grendel

because she seems a vile human being? I don’t see the issue, she does.

what colour is Margaret Thatcher?

But according to dreamer she’s not a real woman as she’s not feminine

Is Angela Raynor a thick vile human being?

COV

But according to dreamer she’s not a real woman as she’s not feminine

Is Angela Raynor a thick vile human being?

Please show me where he says she’s not a real woman? Or are you lying again 😉

don’t know anything about Angela Raynor- she might be a reptilian for all I know, I’m not going to argue about that person.

Grendel

Please show me where he says she’s not a real woman? Or are you lying again 😉

don’t know anything about Angela Raynor- she might be a reptilian for all I know, I’m not going to argue about that person.

Interesting

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Of course it means something - my family will benefit - I’ve been to work without having to when there was a COVID outbreak - if I dropped dead at least I’d be safe in the knowledge I’ve avoided IHT with my planning

Exactly the response I expected from you. Has all the hallmarks of the upper class paternal figure you so achingly want to be - spending time with the family is largely irrelevant as long as there's money there for them.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Did you not notice the inverted commas? I was talking about them showing far more traits that are considered to be 'masculine' in nature such as lack of empathy and ruthlessness to achieve personal ambition. Both male and female politicians need to show traits that are historically attributed to both sexes to govern well, but we get far more of the 'masculine' due to the fact they're the type that will happily sacrifice more moderate people purely for the sake of their own ambition. And those who are driven by personal ambition and what's in it for them aren't going to be the best people to do what's best for society as a whole.

As for singling out Patel it's because she's an abhorrent individual who has no empathy at all for anyone. Which given Thatcher was also in the mix takes some doing. I can now only assume when you single out Diane Abbott for being an imbecile it's because of her race seeing as that's the conclusion you've leapt to over Patel.

oakey

Did you not notice the inverted commas? I was talking about them showing far more traits that are considered to be 'masculine' in nature such as lack of empathy and ruthlessness to achieve personal ambition. Both male and female politicians need to show traits that are historically attributed to both sexes to govern well, but we get far more of the 'masculine' due to the fact they're the type that will happily sacrifice more moderate people purely for the sake of their own ambition. And those who are driven by personal ambition and what's in it for them aren't going to be the best people to do what's best for society as a whole.

As for singling out Patel it's because she's an abhorrent individual who has no empathy at all for anyone. Which given Thatcher was also in the mix takes some doing. I can now only assume when you single out Diane Abbott for being an imbecile it's because of her race seeing as that's the conclusion you've leapt to over Patel.
Tory women only get to the top by not challenging patriarchal attitudes. The 2 PMs + Patel believed that the system is meritocratic so do nothing to help other women. If any of them behaved like BoJo they wouldn't have even got a candidacy for MP.
Can you imagine Thatcher or May - sacked for lying, several divorces, mistresses (or male equivalent - that there isn't a male equivalent word is telling), kids galore and moving their 22 years younger boyfriends into Number 10 whilst barely divorced?

Last edited:

shmmeee

Tory women only get to the top by not challenging patriarchal attitudes. The 2 PMs + Patel believed that the system is meritocratic so do nothing to help other women. If any of them behaved like BoJo they wouldn't have even got a candidacy for MP.
Can you imagine Thatcher or May - sacked for lying, several divorces, mistresses (or male equivalent - that there isn't a male equivalent word is telling), kids galore and moving their 22 years younger boyfriends into Number 10 whilst barely divorced?

Theyre also all a particular type of woman that just so happens to play into the rights nanny and femdom fetishes. Very much woman as a servant to men.

Anyway Grendel missed a right wing female first: first to murder a female MP in cold blood over politics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread