Build back in a gender neutral more feminine way (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

He gets ripped to shreds, albeit the interviewer isn’t the best either- but the last 3 seconds shows why people love him and why he keeps winning, he just laughs off the seriousness and wins people over with a wry comment. Maybe it’s not him that’s the problem, it’s politics in general, people are just sick of it al being so serious & boring, and you could never call this guy serious or boring

Prime minister of the United States, fucking hell

Brighton Sky Blue

He gets ripped to shreds, albeit the interviewer isn’t the best either- but the last 3 seconds shows why people love him and why he keeps winning, he just laughs off the seriousness and wins people over with a wry comment. Maybe it’s not him that’s the problem, it’s politics in general, people are just sick of it al being so serious & boring, and you could never call this guy serious or boring

It's meant to be running the country not an entertainment show

Marty

'The reason nobody votes for this party is the condescending behaviour of the voters'

Half the membership of the other party can't handle a brown PM

Difference is, these views will be kept very much to themselves, Labour supporters tell every man and his dog.

The tag line for the Labour party should be, vote for us, because we're better then you and we know it.

COV

It's meant to be running the country not an entertainment show

yes but nobody cares, or he wouldn’t be running the country. Everyone knows what he’s like, and he keeps winning. The clue is right there- these days personality wins, ‘seriousness’ and policies don’t matter

COV

Difference is, these views will be kept very much to themselves, Labour supporters tell every man and his dog.

The tag line for the Labour party should be, vote for us, because we're better then you and we know it.

Rees Mogg says hello

Brighton Sky Blue

Meh

Reactions: COV

Brighton Sky Blue

yes but nobody cares, or he wouldn’t be running the country. Everyone knows what he’s like, and he keeps winning. The clue is right there- these days personality wins, ‘seriousness’ and policies don’t matter

As I have said often enough already. Though at least in Wales there was a reward for someone doing his job properly

COV

As I have said often enough already. Though at least in Wales there was a reward for someone doing his job properly

I don’t vote but I’d be way more labour than Tory, but labour are unelectable now. They have totally misread what is needed to take the conservatives on, and they are the worst government in my lifetime. Onus is on labour- do something about it. In the meantime Boris and the boys will just keep laughing at them.

payback will be a serious bitch one day, history is not going to judge this government kindly- but that day feels a hell of a long way away right now.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s the point, they don’t need to care, there is zero credible opposition

I don’t vote but I’d be way more labour than Tory, but labour are unelectable now. They have totally misread what is needed to take the conservatives on, and they are the worst government in my lifetime. Onus is on labour- do something about it.

As above, meh. I've come to accept that England is now a permanent Tory state and that people who give a toss about substance are in the clear minority. Personality politics, quick fixes, 3 word soundbites and cracking jokes whenever given a difficult question being what most voters want, they can have it.

Just choosing between Wales and Scotland as a refuge

COV

As above, meh. I've come to accept that England is now a permanent Tory state and that people who give a toss about substance are in the clear minority. Personality politics, quick fixes, 3 word soundbites and cracking jokes whenever given a difficult question being what most voters want, they can have it.

Just choosing between Wales and Scotland as a refuge

i don’t agree- it’s not a permanent Tory state, but there’s no opposition. I hate the tories but I’m not blinkered- the public clearly want characters, personality, loveable rogues, people they think they can relate to. Forget free wifi and boring political debates, that ain’t gonna win any elections. And talking of elections, labour need to fight dirty- if there’s a big fire you need a big bucket to put it out. Don’t just stand there talking about boring policies when your opposition are slating your character 24/7 and telling lies about you- get in the game, win at all costs, understand what you’re fighting.

Give the people an alternative and they’ll go for it, but right now there isn’t one.

football analogy- tories are Germany. They perform terribly outside tournaments, but come game time they’ll do anything to win and know how to do it, they’ll dive, cheat, don’t care who they annoy, they adapt to who they’re playing and plan to win. Labour are England- great intentions, perform well outside tournaments, talk a great game, but come game time they fail to adapt, choke and fall short.

shmmeee

i don’t agree- it’s not a permanent Tory state, but there’s no opposition. I hate the tories but I’m not blinkered- the public clearly want characters, personality, loveable rogues, people they think they can relate to. Forget free wifi and boring political debates, that ain’t gonna win any elections. And talking of elections, labour need to fight dirty- if there’s a big fire you need a big bucket to put it out. Don’t just stand there talking about boring policies when your opposition are slating your character 24/7 and telling lies about you- get in the game, win at all costs, understand what you’re fighting.

Give the people an alternative and they’ll go for it, but right now there isn’t one.

Labour need to like the country it wants to run, like the people who live there and have answers for their major concerns. It’s not rocket science but Labour haven’t even tried for almost 15 years now.

COV

Labour need to like the country it wants to run, like the people who live there and have answers for their major concerns. It’s not rocket science but Labour haven’t even tried for almost 15 years now.

I would only respectfully pull you up on one part of that, I’d argue that Labour need to at least pretend to like the people who live there, cause that’s all the Tories do, and it works for them

Brighton Sky Blue

football analogy- tories are Germany. They perform terribly outside tournaments, but come game time they’ll do anything to win and know how to do it, they’ll dive, cheat, don’t care who they annoy, they adapt to who they’re playing and plan to win. Labour are England- great intentions, perform well outside tournaments, talk a great game, but come game time they fail to adapt, choke and fall short.

It is, there is no path back and when the Union breaks that will show it up even more. Really if it's all about personalities and perception instead of competence and substance it's not really a country I want to live in or a fight I'm bothered about winning. At least there are some parts of the islands still with their heads screwed on so there's a decent choice of places to move to.

At least extending your analogy England made a semi-final whereas Germany didn't make it out of the group

COV

It is, there is no path back and when the Union breaks that will show it up even more. Really if it's all about personalities and perception instead of competence and substance it's not really a country I want to live in or a fight I'm bothered about winning. At least there are some parts of the islands still with their heads screwed on so there's a decent choice of places to move to.

At least extending your analogy England made a semi-final whereas Germany didn't make it out of the group

bit negative & defeatist there, there’s always a way. If you make the right moves that is.

Brighton Sky Blue

bit negative & defeatist there, there’s always a way. If you make the right moves that is.

It's just sometimes easier to accept that I as an individual cannot fundamentally change the preferences of the country at large. So rather than try to fight that, simply move somewhere else that's more in line with how I want things to be done. While the Tories can seemingly make inroads anywhere, Labour is simply never going to suddenly start taking swathes of rural constituencies and recent history shows once it loses formerly safe territory it doesn't tend to regain it. The game is up unless the anti-Tory parties club together but there is always too much infighting that gets in the way.

As and when Scotland goes independent and the SNP dissolves it will be quite appealing, as is Wales. A few left wing havens about e.g. Brighton which I can consider. While Labour in its current state at least in England is laughing at professions it's supposed to be on the side of while still not making any friends in the right.

COV

It's just sometimes easier to accept that I as an individual cannot fundamentally change the preferences of the country at large. So rather than try to fight that, simply move somewhere else that's more in line with how I want things to be done. While the Tories can seemingly make inroads anywhere, Labour is simply never going to suddenly start taking swathes of rural constituencies and recent history shows once it loses formerly safe territory it doesn't tend to regain it. The game is up unless the anti-Tory parties club together but there is always too much infighting that gets in the way.

As and when Scotland goes independent and the SNP dissolves it will be quite appealing, as is Wales. A few left wing havens about e.g. Brighton which I can consider. While Labour in its current state at least in England is laughing at professions it's supposed to be on the side of while still not making any friends in the right.

another football analogy- Coventry City 2017 to now.

Brighton Sky Blue

another football analogy- Coventry City 2017 to now.

Coventry being Labour while the Leicester Tories have won a league title and contest CL qualification year on year and have billionaire owners who can never do any wrong. Rather than get annoyed by the fact, it's easier to simply accept it and move somewhere else.

England can keep voting in idiots and charlatans while flipping off the people trying to help, good luck to it

duffer

Well, simply, I'm better off year on year, my standard of living continues to grow and so do many of those around me.

Good for you mate, appreciate the honesty. Who gives a shit about anyone else as long as you're ok, eh.

Bit of advice though - try not to get seriously ill anytime soon, or poor, or unemployed, because you might find that you've been backing the wrong horse for a bit too long for things to change.

Maybe Boris and his cheerful, corrupt, incompetence won't seem like such a laugh then.

duffer

And this, 'lefties don't like the country' is utter bollocks and you should know it. I can't believe you're spouting Tory propaganda.

I love this country enough to want to make it work for everyone. For everyone born here to have the same chance to make something of themselves, regardless of their parents' background, colour, wealth or position. For everyone to pay their fair share, and for that money to be used wisely for the good of the whole country, without cronyism or corruption.

People like Marty don't really care about the country, though they might wrap themselves in the flag and pretend from time to time. As long as they're doing ok, they couldn't really give a toss about their fellow countrymen.

That, I'm afraid, is the attitude of the Conservative party. Everything is ok (at least for us). Why change?

Marty

Good for you mate, appreciate the honesty. Who gives a shit about anyone else as long as you're ok, eh.

Bit of advice though - try not to get seriously ill anytime soon, or poor, or unemployed, because you might find that you've been backing the wrong horse for a bit too long for things to change.

Maybe Boris and his cheerful, corrupt, incompetence won't seem like such a laugh then.

Exactly. I'm alright Jack.

Marty

And this, 'lefties don't like the country' is utter bollocks and you should know it. I can't believe you're spouting Tory propaganda.

I love this country enough to want to make it work for everyone. For everyone born here to have the same chance to make something of themselves, regardless of their parents' background, colour, wealth or position. For everyone to pay their fair share, and for that money to be used wisely for the good of the whole country, without cronyism or corruption.

People like Marty don't really care about the country, though they might wrap themselves in the flag and pretend from time to time. As long as they're doing ok, they couldn't really give a toss about their fellow countrymen.

That, I'm afraid, is the attitude of the Conservative party. Everything is ok (at least for us). Why change?

Everyone does have the same chance, the system in this country gives ample opportunity to better yourself if you're willing to put the work in?

Just out of interest, what do you do to to better the opportunities of your fellow countrymen?

Ian1779

Everyone does have the same chance, the system in this country gives ample opportunity to better yourself if you're willing to put the work in?

That is simply not true. Sure there opportunities for some people that work hard.. but there are plenty of people that get opportunities for precisely zero effort but happen to benefit from the status they are born into.

Marty

That is simply not true. Sure there opportunities for some people that work hard.. but there are plenty of people that get opportunities for precisely zero effort but happen to benefit from the status they are born into.

It is true though, if you're willing to put in the work in, for example, you can go to college and do a range of courses to better yourself, no point in crying because someone else was born with a silver spoon up there arse and they answer phones at daddy's firm for 100k a year

Sky Blue Pete

Just out of interest, what do you do to to better the opportunities of your fellow countrymen?
That’s just not true

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They never could have won with a strategy of opposing Brexit, you don’t win elections disrespecting democracy.

Starmer is shite I agree, but he was a champion of that strategy and as a result will never be trusted.

You don't win elections. You just do it when you've won it. Prorouging parliament. Refusing votes on Brexit bills in parliament.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Tories would be

VOTE FOR US

*because we're better then you and we know it.

Users who are viewing this thread