Match Thread Bristol Rovers v Coventry City match thread Saturday 22 Sep (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

We hardly ever put 3 wins together so I don't see a win here unfortunately. We're owed one after the last time we were here though *shudder*

Any idea where the SBA will be heading pre match, there are dozens of pubs leading to the ground, would be good to take one over.

Liquid Gold

Is the terrace there uncovered? New ground for me.
Think FGR, a few steps taller but narrower

CqIo9rcWIAE0apb.jpg

Liquid Gold

You're a sadist. Newport made me want to ban football
That was FGR. Newport was a nice day out, met some good people had some drinks and a laugh, the only downside was Carling at the bar in the ground. I do feel sorry for the girl I was next to who said her boyfriend's mate let him down so she was taken there for her first game. I also remember Nouble saying he was going to ruin our season but I told him he'd ruined his career by being shit and he laughed.

clint van damme

That was FGR. Newport was a nice day out, met some good people had some drinks and a laugh, the only downside was Carling at the bar in the ground. I do feel sorry for the girl I was next to who said her boyfriend's mate let him down so she was taken there for her first game. I also remember Nouble saying he was going to ruin our season but I told him he'd ruined his career by being shit and he laughed.

Got drenched at both. Might be been a bit of a snob here but it didn't seem as bad when it was happening in the Cotswolds!

Though at least you could get a half time pint at Newport.

covcity4life

1 nil win - chaplin

after these we have some tough games followed by winanble and a lot at home. if we do well could find ourselves in the playoffs. but lets take it 1 day at a time

ccfcricoh

Could really do with a result as i'm not liking the look of the 3 games after it...

Think i'd take 6/7 points out the next 4 games if you offered me them now, good to see how we might actually fair this season though and if we really do have a chance of being "up there"

BrizzolSkyBlue

1-1 draw written all over this one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Have you seen Bristol Rovers play lately. I'd be seriously dissapointed if we don't win this one. I know quite a few of thier supporters as I live about 2 mins walk from their ground and they're pretty gloomy about this one.
Probably means we'll loose!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Have you seen Bristol Rovers play lately. I'd be seriously dissapointed if we don't win this one. I know quite a few of thier supporters as I live about 2 mins walk from their ground and they're pretty gloomy about this one.

I've read on the football ground guide that the away end is mostly an uncovered terrace but has access to a covered seating area, is that right?

On your point, I'm really hoping for 3 points from this but will always remember Bristol Rovers for the 4-1 spanking they handed Russel Slade in his first game!

clint van damme

are the poor weather predictions looking accurate?!

BrizzolSkyBlue

I've read on the football ground guide that the away end is mostly an uncovered terrace but has access to a covered seating area, is that right?

On your point, I'm really hoping for 3 points from this but will always remember Bristol Rovers for the 4-1 spanking they handed Russel Slade in his first game!
Yes, mostly uncovered. There is some cover though - the locals call it 'the tent end' because that's about the extent of the cover!
I was at that spanking. Probably my worst Sky Blues experience ever if you include all the 'banter' from my local friends afterwords.

Liquid Gold

You have to have bought tickets for the seated covered end though, you can't just move over. It is for all purposes a different stand.

are the poor weather predictions looking accurate?!
It's clear at the moment but was heavy rain last night, been raining on an off for a few days so I'd expect the worst and hope for the best. Either way the pitch is going to be slick.

BrizzolSkyBlue

You have to have bought tickets for the seated covered end though, you can't just move over. It is for all purposes a different stand.

It's clear at the moment but was heavy rain last night, been raining on an off for a few days so I'd expect the worst and hope for the best. Either way the pitch is going to be slick.
Good point about the covered bit being a different area. I'm assuming all those seats have sold too.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I work with a gashead here in WSM and he’s not very confident,So I hope Monday morning I will be all smiles,Dark clouds and showers here today.
Fingers crossed for the weather tomorrow it doesn’t look promising though!!!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Could really do with a result as i'm not liking the look of the 3 games after it...

Think I'd take 6/7 points out the next 4 games if you offered me them now, good to see how we might actually fair this season though and if we really do have a chance of being "up there"
Surely we would take 6/7 points from every set of 4 games let alone one of our hardest runs of the season? I hope as much as anyone we're up there come the end of the season, but think sometimes we need to take a reality check on what expectations should be.

Otis

Confident we will come away with nothing less than a draw.

2-1 to the City. Chaplin and Bayliss.

clint van damme

so, got up to start getting ready, takes ticket out of envelope to put in wallet, I thought I'd bought for the terrace, but I'm in the seats!!
Let it fucking rain :D

Users who are viewing this thread