Bright and Robins (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Can’t be arsed to read through the thread. What’s official now then? Is he finally getting moved on?

doubt it seems to have gone awol

Grendel

Pound Shop Ravel yes but Fred West is a bit strong as an analogy

Well thing is the local neighboured watch which consisted of some bloke called Ring of Shite and an Yank said I was out of order for not giving him a chance. In fact Ring of Shite has said he’s a real talent at building patios so it’s a good sign

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I doubt MR is losing any sleep over him. He simply is not in MR's plans for the foreseeable it seems. And everyone can see that. Need to focus on the players that really matter not Bright and his attitude

SlowerThanPlatt

I doubt MR is losing any sleep over him. He simply is not in MR's plans for the foreseeable it seems. And everyone can see that. Need to focus on the players that really matter not Bright and his attitude

He will be if we can’t get rid of him and have to pay his wages for the next year and half

Grendel

Surely if he's AWOL he's in breech of contract?

Could say it’s mental health personal issues anything it’s not as easy as that in reality

Samo

Could say it’s mental health personal issues anything it’s not as easy as that in reality

There should be probation periods, etc. If not, you would hope they have started a disciplinary process.

steve cooper

If there is a probation period it's likely to be 3 months. The employer will monitor targets and progress or otherwise during the 3 month period and the employee either passes or fails their probation, and the employment is terminated at that point on failure. That's how it works in most other employment scenarios

Samo

If there is a probation period it's likely to be 3 months. The employer will monitor targets and progress or otherwise during the 3 month period and the employee either passes or fails their probation, and the employment is terminated at that point on failure. That's how it works in most other employment scenarios

6 months at my place

better days

Footballer's contracts are completely different from employment contracts
Cancelling a contract arbitrarily is very difficult indeed
Richard Keogh won £2.3m when Derby tried it

better days

I would be very surprised if there wasn’t some insert in his contract to cover any shenanigans.
I really doubt there is tbh
But only the club and Bright's agent will have full details
Most agents wouldn't accept such a clause
Clubs take a chance and rely on using Gross Misconduct if the player's behaviour is untenable

steve cooper

Footballer's contracts are completely different from employment contracts
Cancelling a contract arbitrarily is very difficult indeed
Richard Keogh won £2.3m when Derby tried it
I thought Richard Keogh's contract was terminated for gross misconduct, but a tribunal found that the circumstances constituted unfair dismissal. I think that's way different for failing a probation, even though the dismissed person can still appeal to a tribunal as can anyone dismissed for whatever reason. As Grendel says, any claimed mental health issues will halt the process until that is resolved.
I accept the fact that football contracts may be completely different, and not sure whether a probation period cound even be inserted, but if it were, it would likely work exactly the same as standard probationary processes, otherwise there would be no point in having one.

steve cooper

In STP's post 1332, Bright alluded to the targets set by MR, this may be just informal but is the reason I think he may be on some some sort of probation with set, and monitored targets. Bright said every time he sees MR he sets him targets.

Quote from CCFC article in post 1332.
“He (Mark Robins) said he’s pleased to have me back. Every time I see the Manager, he likes to set a target for me which is good for me to improve my game.

SlowerThanPlatt

In STP's post 1332, Bright alluded to the targets set by MR, this may be just informal but is the reason I think he may be on some some sort of probation with set, and monitored targets. Bright said every time he sees MR he sets him targets.

“He (Mark Robins) said he’s pleased to have me back. Every time I see the Manager, he likes to set a target for me which is good for me to improve my game.

I presumed that would just mean goals/assists?

skybluesam66

I presumed that would just mean goals/assists?
Targets have actually been leaked as follows :-

week 1 get out of bed before noon
week 2 Watch GMTV once out of bed
week 3 set back as Gran died
week 4 get out of bed before noon
week 5 set back covid
week 6 get out of bed before noon

Pleased to say he reported this morning, that he has now progressed to countdown - and by next week he is hoping to do 5 press ups in his return to fitness

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
He will be if we can’t get rid of him and have to pay his wages for the next year and half

Not if he is in breach of contract, which I would guess is what the club will be trying to prove

Frostie

Turning up would be a start.

Liquid Gold

It just annoys me so much because as much as O'Hare is an absolute machine the pitches are going to get heavy soon and he can't be expected to be fit over 46 games playing twice a week.

Bright was supposed to be his understudy/competition. If O'Hare is injured from over work I'm going to be even more pissed off at Bright for mugging off everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread