Bright and Robins (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Victor will be fine for Wednesday , we do have some of the squad who have been hit with the virus , who would have played today

the defence cover is worrying , Saturday we were unable to have any senior defenders on the bench , Wednesday JCH and Maatson are back which gives us enough bodies
Jcs got to be unlikely surely

lordy_87

giphy.gif

SkyBlue_Bear83

We will be stuck with him until his contract ends or terminated, suspect he will drop out of the game all together once he leaves us.

Very surprised robins got sucked in with brights I've changed act.

Bright is miles off the player he was when we signed him a few years ago, and he was still a clown again. Since then he's gone backwards having a holiday in India and we have moved on.

Stick to the amateur leagues bright from now on where you can turn up smashed from the night before and be unfit and still be the best player on the park 👍

slowpoke

In comparison there is a new academy player at the club, whom I know of, and whom one of my kids knows well, who is working his butt off getting opportunities at a young age and is giving his everything to the cub, his teammates and the management. I would wish nothing more than see him thrive and make a career in the game.

[/QUOTE]
How old is he ?

better days

We will be stuck with him until his contract ends or terminated, suspect he will drop out of the game all together once he leaves us.

Bright is miles off the player he was when we signed him a few years ago, and he was still a clown again. Since then he's gone backwards having a holiday in India and we have moved on.

Stick to the amateur leagues bright from now on where you can turn up smashed from the night before and be unfit and still be the best player on the park 👍
;)

BigadamL

he got a few fans sucked in aswell even though they heard about the past antics.

id love for him to come good but i think even the diehard Bright fans must admit it looks less and less likely.

mr_monkey

Is it game over?

Such a shame if it is but definitely the right decision as we gave him the chance of a lifetime and he absolutely spectacularly blew it... Hopefully means a bit in the pot to bring in a replacement in Jan, possibly a prem loan with an eye on someone perm in the summer

SlowerThanPlatt

No further update from his manager in a month after saying he needs to work harder. The silence looks telling

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If he is genuinely being let go (which would be a pretty fair conclusion at this stage), then there must be an issue with the contract and clauses.

Which begs the question; why on earth have we not set this up massively in our favour? I'm not getting vibes that it is.

fernandopartridge

If he is genuinely being let go (which would be a pretty fair conclusion at this stage), then there must be an issue with the contract and clauses.

Which begs the question; why on earth have we not set this up massively in our favour? I'm not getting vibes that it is.

Even if something is set up in our favour, there are still processes to go through (if it's like any other employer it'll be possibly verbal / written warning etc). It's hard to prove that his reason for not turning up v Wolves wasn't genuine and it takes time to give somebody sufficient rope as it were...

Sky Blue Pete

Even if something is set up in our favour, there are still processes to go through (if it's like any other employer it'll be possibly verbal / written warning etc). It's hard to prove that his reason for not turning up v Wolves wasn't genuine and it takes time to give somebody sufficient rope as it were...
Within the first year it’s more in the employers side

Bugsy

Saw this on Twitter .....PUSB

Screenshot_20211028-213103.jpg

North York’s Blue

It's the first two years where you can't seek an employment tribunal. It doesn't mean a reasonable employer can just ignore its policies to sack somebody unless they have committed gross misconduct.
As long as the protected characteristics are not infringed. The employer doesn’t have to give a reason for terminating the contract, although ideally will. Football contracts I’d imagine are different.

Users who are viewing this thread