Brexit Benefits (5 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Not me , I have moaned about most those things on here ..
There is an element of slave labour in it all .
Used to deliver to farms a few years back , they had workers living in the farms in caravans paying them wages with bills taken out for their accommodation.. effectively paying them whatever they liked .. in some cases the way we abuse foreign workers rights is appalling
Fair enough. Not sure why Grendull liked your post though as he was the one leading the charge against labours plans on improving the minimum wage, improving workers rights and addressing the inequality gap.

Evo1883

Fair enough. Not sure why Grendull liked your post though as he was the one leading the charge against labours plans on improving the minimum wage, improving workers rights and addressing the inequality gap.

I don't agree with grendels politics to be fair .. some I do but it's rare .

I'm finding myself become more centre left as I age which is rare I'm lead to believe

He has a point about the morality of peoples arguments when it comes to wanting people to come here to work for basically nothing , just aslong as its filled and we can continue as normal

skybluetony176

Let's not muddy the water with what's educated or not , when the argument is always used whenever we try and figure out who voted for what (wether they have a degree or higher education ).

Example , the less educated vote tory , the less educated vote brexit .

Let's just keep it straight , the current leaders of the country fall into the category of educated , which proves that an education doesn't mean you aren't a prick , lack common sense or struggle to excell in many other things
I’ve worked for a couple of companies that employ graduates to fast track into management and many of them were capable human beings, some were clearly just good at exams. But at the other end of the scale I worked with people who didn’t do well in education and were having good careers having left school at 16 and started on the bottom run of the ladder and earned their career. Education isn’t a guarantee of capability as the current cabinet repeatedly demonstrate.

Evo1883

I’ve worked for a couple of companies that employ graduates to fast track into management and many of them were capable human beings, some were clearly just good at exams. But at the other end of the scale I worked with people who didn’t do well in education and were having good careers having left school at 16 and started on the bottom run of the ladder and earned their career. Education isn’t a guarantee of capability as the current cabinet repeatedly demonstrate.

A soldier would always rather follow a 20 year sergeant into battle than a graduate from Sandhurst.

Educated but no skills and serious lack of common sense

skybluetony176

I'm finding myself become more centre left as I age which is rare I'm lead to believe

He has a point about the morality of peoples arguments when it comes to wanting people to come here to work for basically nothing , just aslong as its filled and we can continue as normal
I don’t agree myself with the conditions many foreign workers (seasonal workers especially) are expected to live in. Difference between me and grendull is I feel the same about British workers. Hence I don’t call a woman who left school at 16, a mother by the time she was 17 and working in the same conditions for the same pay as foreign workers Vicky, as in Vicky pollard. Boris’ education doesn’t help him when “Vicky” deputises at PMQ’s. Vicky runs rings around him turning into such a bumbling buffoon he can’t even remember the latin he’s apparently got a 2:1 in.

Evo1883

I don’t agree myself with the conditions many foreign workers (seasonal workers especially) are expected to live in. Difference between me and grendull is I feel the same about British workers. Hence I don’t call a woman who left school at 16, a mother by the time she was 17 and working in the same conditions for the same pay as foreign workers Vicky, as in Vicky pollard. Boris’ education doesn’t help him when “Vicky” deputises at PMQ’s. Vicky runs rings around him turning into such a bumbling buffoon he can’t even remember the latin he’s apparently got a 2:1 in.
Which is strange as the devil speaks fluent Latin 😉

skybluetony176

A soldier would always rather follow a 20 year sergeant into battle than a graduate from Sandhurst.

Educated but no skills and serious lack of common sense
I had a mate in the army who used to say the same. His sergeant was a Jamaican (apparently Jamaicans have sizeable numbers in the British forces and thats where the real story of the Jamaican bobsled team comes from) who joined straight from school and according to my friend was the most capable soldier he ever met.

shmmeee

Seen something yesterday where they are offering 30 an hour to pick cabbages and broccoli (something along them lines )
Granted that could mean price increases at the stores

Its opportunity to earn up to £30/hr, no idea how many cabbages you’d have to pick in an hour to earn that, but I’d expect that’s record breaking pace.

shmmeee

Only point I’d pick here is that assumes foreigners have no agency. The wage is nothing to us in a high living cost country, to someone sending money home to EE it’s a small fortune and that’s why they do it. They aren’t being exploited here.

torchomatic

Presume that's a dig at me. I never said that. I said Brexiteers wanted them out, yet are not prepared to do the job themselves.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, but you must admit that it's a pre-requisite in certain fields, particularly STEM and medicine.

skybluetony176

Its opportunity to earn up to £30/hr, no idea how many cabbages you’d have to pick in an hour to earn that, but I’d expect that’s record breaking pace.
Yeah, traditionally that type of work was always piece work. I remember lots of “Vicky” types from the council estate I lived on as a kid used to go potato picking and would get paid by the weight they picked not the hours they worked, students used to do it a lot years ago too.

shmmeee

No, but you must admit that it's a pre-requisite in certain fields, particularly STEM and medicine.

Not many cabinet members with STEM degrees. All classics and history and stuff. Sort of thing you can bluster through and get marked by a sympathetic assessor.

Hertsccfc

Freedom of movement works both ways.

clint van damme

Yeah, traditionally that type of work was always piece work. I remember lots of “Vicky” types from the council estate I lived on as a kid used to go potato picking and would get paid by the weight they picked not the hours they worked, students used to do it a lot years ago too.

Used to skip school and go strawberry picking at Snitterfield. If I'd weighed in as many as I ate I'd have doubled my money!

torchomatic

Not many cabinet members with STEM degrees. All classics and history and stuff. Sort of thing you can bluster through and get marked by a sympathetic assessor.

...who knows your Dad...

Brighton Sky Blue

At least she wouldn’t have been taken in by the conspiracy nonsense the current incumbent was. Her plans were dangerous and destructive but at least there was a plan.

Current guy is taken in by Piers Corbyn FFS.

She'd have been probably the best equipped out of any of the post-war PMs. Not least for simply being scientifically literate unlike any of the present Cabinet, Zahawi excluded

NorthernWisdom

I'd agree that pay and conditions need to improve. Of course what we should probably be relieved is we see jobs as poor pay and conditions, when other people from other nations see them as a fortune in wages. A high wage, high tax, high investment economy would be *my* ideal.

What we need to do, locally and globally, is level up rather than decide people can't have things because we don't. Isolating ourselves won't do that, really.

Grendel

Presume that's a dig at me. I never said that. I said Brexiteers wanted them out, yet are not prepared to do the job themselves.

but it’s you moaning?

Sick Boy

I'd agree that pay and conditions need to improve. Of course what we should probably be relieved is we see jobs as poor pay and conditions, when other people from other nations see them as a fortune in wages. A high wage, high tax, high investment economy would be *my* ideal.

What we need to do, locally and globally, is level up rather than decide people can't have things because we don't. Isolating ourselves won't do that, really.
Pay and conditions for those working in essential jobs, such as healthcare workers and teachers, should be the top priority - that applies to a lot of countries in Europe though.

Grendel

Anyway just filled up 3 of my cars so in typical brexiteer style I’m sorted

shmmeee

Pay and conditions for those working in essential jobs, such as healthcare workers and teachers, should be the top priority - that applies to a lot of countries in Europe though.

Economically I think it should be any job that’s evenly spread around the country and high in number. Public services, warehouse and driving work, retail, all meet that requirement.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They are highly educated though , Boris graduated with a 2.1 , excelled in Latin, English and politics .

He clearly falls into the category of educated , despite him being a massive c**t

Government- English degree

Zahawi - chemical engineering degree

Educated people

Highly educated in terms of qualifications. Not the same thing as being intelligent.

And nowhere near the same thing as understanding the needs of society or those people of working class backgrounds

Evo1883

Highly educated in terms of qualifications. Not the same thing as being intelligent.

And nowhere near the same thing as understanding the needs of society or those people of working class backgrounds

Well with this in mind , I don't want to see people using (the educated ) voted for this and that in future .

Which is kind of the point I'm making , he's classed as educated, I'm not sure what people keep trying to argue about with this point .

The man's educated , degree , University...definition of

Yes he's a c**t

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I steadily moved to the left as I got older.

Started out doing a degree in accounting/finance/economics and as a trainee accountant.

NorthernWisdom

Well with this in mind , I don't want to see people using (the educated ) voted for this and that in future .

Which is kind of the point I'm making , he's classed as educated, I'm not sure what people keep trying to argue about with this point .

The man's educated , degree , University...definition of
He is educated.

He's not stupid either.

Workshy, lazy, lacking in attention to detail, self-serving, dishonest, egocentric, lacking in empathy and morals... well that's another story!

Users who are viewing this thread