Brexit Benefits (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

They did, they win twice by reporting this shit, the initial lies then the plebs panic buy, which creates another story for them to report. Was the same with the bog roll last year.

Ah, I see. So it's not Brexit, it's all the fault of the BBC. Silly me, should have known.

torchomatic

They did, they win twice by reporting this shit, the initial lies then the plebs panic buy, which creates another story for them to report. Was the same with the bog roll last year.

It actually annoyed me that Sky and the BBC were reporting the death of Sabina Nessa, if they hadn't reported that then there wouldn't be any murders.

Woke bullshit, that's what it is.

Hertsccfc

Even the Government admits there is a problem.

Marty

They (amongst others) reported a warning directly from BP that they had closed some petrol stations due to driver shortages. That’s a matter of fact not opinion. Where’s the lie? Plebs? I only know 2 people personally who panicked brought petrol, both leavers. So maybe you are right on your second point.

It's all a big game, it's an engineered crisis, where everyone gets what they want, Big business gets cheap labour, Government has an excuse for easing visa restrictions, Media get their stories, and the only ones getting shafted are the workers yet again, don't play their games.

Marty

It actually annoyed me that Sky and the BBC were reporting the death of Sabina Nessa, if they hadn't reported that then there wouldn't be any murders.

Woke bullshit, that's what it is.

That is actually such a cringey post and incredibly disrespectful.

skybluetony176

It's all a big game, it's an engineered crisis, where everyone gets what they want, Big business gets cheap labour, Government has an excuse for easing visa restrictions, Media get their stories, and the only ones getting shafted are the workers yet again, don't play their games.
The BBC struggles to even mention brexit and these issues in the same breath. We’re 100,000 HGV drivers short and we’re issuing visas for less than a tenth of that, if they come and the shortage is driving wages up. It’s also about more than petrol.

Marty

The BBC struggles to even mention brexit and these issues in the same breath. We’re 100,000 HGV drivers short and we’re issuing visas for less than a tenth of that, if they come and the shortage is driving wages up. It’s also about more than petrol.

You're obsessed with Brexit, It's happened, get over it, It doesn't matter if you voted leave or remain, if you get sucked into the media lies, you're an idiot.

Marty

So are you saying that there isn’t a labour shortage?

Yes there is, in specific areas, root cause is suppressed wages due to cheap foreign labour flooding the market. If companies paid the drivers what they're worth, there would be more willing to take up that work.

I'm going to leave this as I find you incredibly tedious to interact with, you even make @shmmeee seem interesting.

Nick

Administrator
On the news there was a haulage company who employs drivers moaning about how drivers won't work because of low pay and treated badly.

While standing in front of loads of empty lorries.

Not really a good look for them

Evo1883

The head of AA said yesterday that there's no fuel shortage and driver shortages in this particular sector were localised (most HGV drivers don't have dangerous goods )

Yes we need more drivers , but please don't play down the role of mainstream media and local media in helping to create this panic buying .. FACTS are that there would be plenty of fuel still if people weren't behaving like absolute weapons.

Fill up as usual .. it's really not difficult, we saw the same thing with toilet roll early pandemic

skybluetony176

Yes there is, in specific areas, root cause is suppressed wages due to cheap foreign labour flooding the market. If companies paid the drivers what they're worth, there would be more willing to take up that work.

I'm going to leave this as I find you incredibly tedious to interact with, you even make @shmmeee seem interesting.
Of course you’re going to leave this. Just one point though. Who sets the minimum wage? Not the EU or immigrants. The British government. Foreign labour is only cheap because our sovereign government chooses to keep it that way.

Marty

On the news there was a haulage company who employs drivers moaning about how drivers won't work because of low pay and treated badly.

While standing in front of loads of empty lorries.

Not really a good look for them

My old man retired in June, starts a job tomorrow on £38 an hour. Haway the tanker drivers. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Grendel

Truckers aren't minimum wage workers. But that's it, I'm done.

This isn’t a debating thread it’s a thread for the Dead Labour Losers Club to vent their spleen. Vicki pollard and her moronic rant last night and Starmer and his waffling and sputtering this morning is all you need to know. In fact the lack of comment from the Dead Losers Club on the conference really says it all

clint van damme

Of course you’re going to leave this. Just one point though. Who sets the minimum wage? Not the EU or immigrants. The British government. Foreign labour is only cheap because our sovereign government chooses to keep it that way.

And then subsidise wages with benefits to allow their corporate mates to pocket bigger profits.

torchomatic

That is actually such a cringey post and incredibly disrespectful.

Well, obviously I wasn't disrespecting her murder, but nice pearl clutching.

This country gets more Trumpian every day.

Anti vaxxers say Covid doesn't exist because they don't know anyone who has died. Brexiteers refuse to believe Brexit has damaged the country and led to these shortages because, like the Government, they cannot admit they made a mistake.

Much easier to blame the media and "panic buying".

clint van damme

This isn’t a debating thread it’s a thread for the Dead Labour Losers Club to vent their spleen. Vicki pollard and her moronic rant last night and Starmer and his waffling and sputtering this morning is all you need to know. In fact the lack of comment from the Dead Losers Club on the conference really says it all

Labours ineptitude doesn't alter the fact that this government is fucking awful.

It just means the opposition are as well. Lucky us.

Evo1883

Well, obviously I wasn't disrespecting her murder, but nice pearl clutching.

This country gets more Trumpian every day.

Anti vaxxers say Covid doesn't exist because they don't know anyone who has died. Brexiteers refuse to believe Brexit has damaged the country and led to these shortages because, like the Government, they cannot admit they made a mistake.

Much easier to blame the media and "panic buying".

But the media has played a huge roll in this , its not even something we can argue about .

The minute they tell people there's potential shortages of fuel (there wasn't on the whole and still isn't) people went out their way to fuel up and even some went further taking numerous cans to fill up too .. this has spiralled and its directly caused by information , information we get from where ? The media

The tankers are filling up and they are selling out in a couple hours , they can't get ontop of it until people stop behaving like twats

Marty

Labours ineptitude doesn't alter the fact that this government is fucking awful.

It just means the opposition are as well. Lucky us.

It's a shame the opposition aren't actually good alternative, doesn't matter how bad it gets, we'll continue to vote tories as Labour are an utter shambles.

torchomatic

So why haven't the Bulldog Brits stepped up to the plate to drive the lorries, pick the fruit and look after people in care homes?

After all these forinnerrrrs came over here and nicked our fruit picking jobs.

Brexit was five years ago, surely Brits have been queuing up for these jobs?

Maybe, just maybe foreign labour was a good thing, eh?

torchomatic

But the media has played a huge roll in this , its not even something we can argue about .

The minute they tell people there's potential shortages of fuel (there wasn't on the whole and still isn't) people went out their way to fuel up and even some went further taking numerous cans to fill up too .. this has spiralled and its directly caused by information , information we get from where ? The media

The tankers are filling up and they are selling out in a couple hours

So the media shouldn't report it? They should keep quiet over things that make the government look bad?

If they hadn't then idiots would be accusing them of suppressing news.

Evo1883

So the media shouldn't report it? They should keep quiet over things that make the government look bad?

If they hadn't then idiots would be accusing them of suppressing news.

The media actually didn't need to report on this at the time no .. like i said , there is no fuel shortage and if people carried on as normal it would have been fine (this view backed up by almost everybody )..1 particular large company was having issues .

It's been created

Exactly the same happened with shit roll early pandemic

You cannot keep up with demand if the demand is suddenly much much higher than normal , in any job

Marty

So why haven't the Bulldog Brits stepped up to the plate to drive the lorries, pick the fruit and look after people in care homes?

After all these forinnerrrrs came over here and nicked our fruit picking jobs.

Brexit was five years ago, surely Brits have been queuing up for these jobs?

Maybe, just maybe foreign labour was a good thing, eh?

Log off, you're embarrassing yourself.

covmark

The media actually didn't need to report on this at the time no .. like i said , there is no fuel shortage and if people carried on as normal it would have been fine (this view backed up by almost everybody )..1 particular large company was having issues .

It's been created

You cannot keep up with demand if the demand is suddenly much much higher than normal , in any job

Indeed, and also I'm sure I heard BP closed 20 out of around 1200 stations. Hardly a reason for panic.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Indeed, and also I'm sure I heard BP closed 20 out of around 1200 stations. Hardly a reason for panic.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

I know people on here love to protect the media , but their role in this is clear as day ..

People naturally follow the information that they're given , and that information comes mostly from mainstream and social media

We've carried on fuelling as normal , haven't changed a thing ..people are just morons

torchomatic

It's been created

No, there isn't a shortage of fuel. There is a shortage of HGV drivers who deliver the fuel and our food. Now, why is there a shortage of delivery drivers?

Because people voted to chuck out the Romanians and other Eastern Europeans they didn't like driving our British lorries and picking our fruit.

Marty called it "cheap foreign labour". We are in a mess because we told this cheap foreign labour to fuck off as we don't need 'em.

Turns out we do. Laughable that the Government is asking them to come back and help us out, though only for three months as the Brits will be driving around eating Yorkies by Christmas.

Hertsccfc

Great deflection from this ridiculously incompetent Government

Evo1883

No, there isn't a shortage of fuel. There is a shortage of HGV drivers who deliver the fuel and our food. Now, why is there a shortage of delivery drivers?

Because people voted to chuck out the Romanians and other Eastern Europeans they didn't like driving our British lorries and picking our fruit.

Marty called it "cheap foreign labour". We are in a mess because we told this cheap foreign labour to fuck off as we don't need 'em.

Turns out we do. Laughable that the Government is asking them to come back and help us out, though only for three months as the Brits will be driving around eating Yorkies by Christmas.
As I've just said , and a point backed up by the head of AA , that driver shortages in this sector are localised 1 large company was having staffing issues but isn't enough to cause this mess ..and the reason we are running out at the pumps is PURELY panic buying .. no other reason at this point

Users who are viewing this thread