Match Thread Brentford (2 Viewers)

Bugsy

robbiethemole

Looked on the Brentford boards and they seem to have taken over from us, their comments are just what lots on here were saying a couple of weeks ago!!

shmmeee

I thought the Sky coverage was pretty fair to be honest, gave City a lot of credit. A few posts before the match about Tyler Walker being unable to score, and being a lazy c. Well, he needs still to prove that he’s a consistent Championship goalscorer, but in terms of his work rate, he more than played his part in a tremendous pressing performance by Cov. I think he looks a bit sulky, languid, but he put a shift in today, as they all did. Cov players, they’re hammered if they don’t smile, and hammered if they do!😁

Well done to Robins and Viveash today. Picked the right team, played the right tactics, had the team fired up, made the right substitutions at the right time. Playing two up top really helped the high press, which was executed perfectly. Brentford just never got going, guessed we played them at the right time, but we certainly took full advantage. Happy Saturday!!

Guy scores a goal every other game and you ask him to prove he’s a consistent goal scorer.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Much much better. Played as a team, put the tackles and blocks in, competed all over the pitch, scored two. We pressed from start to finish, doing it at the right times and places and the decision making was much better. Played less pretty passing football in our half and were more direct. When defending if it needed clearing out it was cleared. Would not rate any below a 7 but for me the difference in the team was having Liam Kelly running things from there most everything else fell in to place. COH & Ostigaard also had good games

I thought that MR was clearer in his thought processes and set us up well. His decisions were better and better timed

Well done all ....... now keep it up👏👏

D

Deleted member 11652

I was surprised to learn of Brentford’s injuries tbf. I thought it was only us who had those

D

Deleted member 4439

Frank admission "I think you have to give credit to Coventry City, they deserved it."

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Probably a reference to this.

Ah, my post before the game, not taking into account what I said during and after.

I'm not sure what's worse, thinking we are going to lose before playing one of the best teams in the league, or going through 36 pages of a match thread to try and prove a point after we've won a game.

Skybluefaz

Ah, my post before the game, not taking into account what I said during and after.

I'm not sure what's worse, thinking we are going to lose before playing one of the best teams in the league, or going through 36 pages of a match thread to try and prove a point after we've won a game.
Cool, it's a great thing you called it so spectacularly wrong anyway 👍

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Cool, it's a great thing you called it so spectacularly wrong anyway 👍

Sorry, I would like to see your winning bet considering you predicted we would win today. I'm guessing you didn’t, but you are just being a bit of a jumped up twat about it.

People get stuff wrong all the time. Bringing it up after we win says more about them than it does me. Especially after I have praised the entire team in the ratings thread.

hill83

Sorry, I would like to see your winning bet considering you predicted we would win today. I'm guessing you didn’t, but you are just being a bit of a jumped up twat about it.

People get stuff wrong all the time. Bringing it up after we win says more about them than it does me. Especially after I have praised the entire team in the ratings thread.

So angry mate.

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

Who else thinks this must be the most unique football club board ever
Even when we beat the team second in table there is still the usual squabbling.
When we win the champions league in twenty years time I can't wait to finally come on here and at last see harmony

Bugsy

For the lip readers ....PUSB VID-20210220-WA0035_01.gif

Last edited:

Johhny Blue

Who else thinks this must be the most unique football club board ever
Even when we beat the team second in table there is still the usual squabbling.
When we win the champions league in twenty years time I can't wait to finally come on here and at last see harmony
Good luck with that. I’m not sure which is more likely.

Winny the Bish

Three points =
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gibbo

We have learned that there is a time and a place for whacking the ball out of defence and making them have to work it all the way back, and that is when you are struggling at the foot of the table. It is ok playing out from the back against the likes of Bolton or MK Dons but not in the Championship. We do not have the quality. So it was good to see MacFadz just punp it down field a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread