Match Thread Brentford (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

We've just 2 fixtures left this season that make you think.... Ohhhh shit... And the rest it's for us to go and get the results.

You look at today and you think we have every chance of survival

NortonSkyBlue

I hope Brighton is okay, haven’t seen a post from him and I know he has been struggling. That win should put a spring in your step....

Grendel

Why don’t you stop moaning for once and crack a smile. If you can’t enjoy the result today you never will.

you are the harbinger of doom before every game!

David O'Day

giphy.gif

He does have a history of whiff chatting

Habitual nonsense monger

Great_Expectations

The key now is to continue to play like that. We’ve shown signs of it all season, but never for a full 90, or it’s been ruined by silly mistakes.

That has to give the players confidence and potentially MR to play offensively more often too.

clint van damme

anyone watching another Championship game this afternoon?
Think I might flit between Norwich v Rotherham and Wednesday v Blues.

covcity4life

Biamou played huge part in both goals. Wonder why went off so early?

Baka poor when ckme on Unforuntley. A goal from him would have been cherry on top lol

Otis

The key now is to continue to play like that. We’ve shown signs of it all season, but never for a full 90, or it’s been ruined by silly mistakes.

That has to give the players confidence and potentially MR to play offensively more often too.
We only need 6 more performances like that to be safe I think. Hopefully though, we can continue at that level and pull well clear.

Ccfcisparks

anyone watching another Championship game this afternoon?
Think I might flit between Norwich v Rotherham and Wednesday v Blues.
I’ve done what I call the worst case scenario bet. I make an acca of every worst possible result for us this afternoon. If one loses then I’m happy because cov have benefited. It makes sense in my head lol. Currently 950/1

Evo1883

This season could and probably should have been totally different.

We've had a wretched time with injuries to key players... Weve missed so many sitters and hit the woodwork ludicrous amount of times... A bit more luck and we could well be sat bloody 8th or 9th today

We're only 3 players off I think being a damn good side at this level

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Brentford lost a derby match to a struggling QPR team. So I don't think they were complacent. I also think taking off Kelly was the right thing to do. Like Walker we need to ease these players back.

Oh I agree entirely about taking him off (now the game's finished and we won). I was wondering if it was worth risking starting him at all in case he reinjured himself given this was a game I fully expected us to lose. I thought if anyhthing if we were losing we might bring him off anyway for the same reason with the game gone. Given that we were able to take him off with a two goal lead was unbelievable.

But wasn't it nice to have the two goal cushion that we felt made it Ok to take him off. Usually we can't afford to consider resting players who've played a lot or coming back from injury while in a winning position because the game is too close and the result in the balance.

clint van damme

This season could and probably should have been totally different.

We've had a wretched time with injuries to key players... Weve missed so many sitters and hit the woodwork ludicrous amount of times... A bit more luck and we could well be sat bloody 8th or 9th today

steady on!

theferret

Points taken off Norwich, Brentford, Swansea, Reading and Watford. The top 5, and yet people keep banging the 'we can't compete' drum. We can, and when we're a mile off the pace like against Norwich, it is OK to be critical.

Great performance today.

Grendel

If I’m Darth Vader then you are certainly Palpatine when it comes to doom.

Actually I’m not I think and always have we will just about scrape through - I also said when we signed him walker was about the only statement of intent we’ve shown for years along with o hare who I’ve consistently said is by miles our best and most important player

Users who are viewing this thread