Match Thread Brentford (2 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

Why would we look to adequately replace our most impactful player who is 31 years old, over the next 2 years at which point he will be 33?

Not really sure what to say to that one
33 is not old and he is a player that can play on for a long time, I wouldn’t look to replace our most influential player. not sure why you think his shelf life is so short

shmmeee

Anyone but Walker up front . Lazy and don’t chase back . 2-1 win

giphy.gif

SkyblueTexan

This was a battling display against a very good side. Kelly’s importance to the side cannot be overstated and this win just shows this. Made a few crucial blocks around our goal in the first half. Wilson commanded his area well and should not be dropped from here on out. Walker took his goals well (maybe a tad lucky for the first one not to be saved). Max worked tirelessly to create the goals as did O’Hare. Defence was on the same page today thankfully. Hamer didn’t have his usual impact, but did the dirty work as needed. Hope we get Godden back soon, but otherwise I would stick with the same lineup for the next match.

Marty

Superb win today, much needed 3 points, another win mid week and we'll be flying again.

robbiekeane

33 is not old and he is a player that can play on for a long time, I wouldn’t look to replace our most influential player. not sure why you think his shelf life is so short
Wayne Rooney just retired at the age of 35. He dropped down a whole league in football at 33 years old after a few years of significantly underperforming at the level he was at. And he was world class.

Liam Kelly is playing at the highest level he’s played in his career, has often struggled with injuries with us, and we literally play him every single game that he is available because he’s so crucial to our game.

If you don’t think it prudent to line up an adequate replacement for him as he reaches the twilight of his career then I’m just glad you’re not in charge of our recruitment policy.

Very weird hill to die on

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He has 9 dire games out of 10 and the only comments you make are about him

Every dog has his day his aren’t frequent enough

Walker was man of the match according to the commentators

Yes Biamou has poor games - he's playing at the very limit (if not slightly above) of his standard but his effort does help, but without Biamou today we don't get the penalty (which was pretty shit but went in) or create the chance for him to score a very good second.

Walker will score goals Biamou won't, but Biamou does the donkey work that allowed Walker to score his goals. It was a very complimentary relationship.

When Godden is fit I'd expect MR to try them together with Biamou dropping out, but as a third choice we could do a lot worse for the money.

Bernie Rhodes Nose

Absolutely superb from start to finish, against a very very good side at this level (even if they were missing Ivan Toney just in case anyone was unaware - Sky barely mentioned it). Do wonder if maybe Brentford were a bit complacent give how we've played in the last few games. Again nice to see another team giving us out of form a good result rather from the other way round for a change (yet another thing to add to my 'alternate reality' theory)

Can't really fault anyone at all - maybe Hamer and Dacosta were average but if that's the worst we can say I'll happily take it all day.

Attacking intent, no fucking about at the back, two up top working well together.

I admit at the line ups i was surprised Kelly was started and wondered if we should've kept him back for a more winnable game. Very happy to admit I was wrong - he makes such a massive difference to this team and they almost feel like a totally different one.

Could we have stumbled across anther lucky shirt?

Brentford lost a derby match to a struggling QPR team. So I don't think they were complacent. I also think taking off Kelly was the right thing to do. Like Walker we need to ease these players back.

Londonccfcfan

Walker averaging a goal every 185 mins

He a proper finisher.

He had a couple of other chances too. But he's on the ball looking...the watched created space for Sam's pass was brilliant.. and he anticipated gamers quick free kick also.

Soul destroying playing up front alone whoever we play.

Londonccfcfan

Agree with caller in....less fucking about at the back. We arnt good enough at this level to play out against the quality of strikers in this division.

Users who are viewing this thread