Match Thread Brentford (5 Viewers)

shmmeee

Anyone else kinda wishing we hadn’t picked a game were likely to get spanked in to wear this? :D

Sky Blue Harry H

So our big January signing is left out as soon as Kelly is just about fit

He needed a break G; he's played a lot of football recently. You may not like him, but I think James is a decent player at this level and provides a calming influence on the pitch which I think will become evident in the more 'achievable' games (i.e. not versus top 3!)

Grendel

Pretty sure he was brought in as cover for Kelly. Also good to have more quality players that can play the same role.

Cover when on far more money? Makes sense

Evo1883

I'm glad Kelly is back, results have dipped massively since he got injured
giphy.gif

Fergusons_Beard

No. It’s James at the base, Hamer and Allen/Sheaf in the middle and O’Hare at the tip.

If we’re playing 4 CMs it’s got to be 2 AMs IMO.

Sorry thought you were talking about today’s game.

2 midfielders at base with 1 attacking midfielder linking to two strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AFCCOVENTRY

Positive move by Robins which is rare to put 2 upfront. Kelly coming in is good. He’s our captain. Wing backs again. Hopefully Leo makes a difference.

Grendel

Well with him injured we didn’t have anyone else who can play a similar role. He could have winged it for a couple of months I suppose. That would have gone down well I’m sure.

We’ve gained how many points since he’s been here? Also Kelly has missed several games this season before James was signed?

David O'Day

So what would you have done, considering we’ve struggled to put a midfield together over the last 6 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He would of called Kenny Jackett to ask what he would of done. Well he would of if it wasn't for that pesky restraining order.

Esoterica

I guess the only question is whether it's a flatter 3 in midfield, or 2 holding and O'Hare more advanced or Kelly sitting with more freedom for both Hamer and O'Hare

Evo1883

We’ve gained how many points since he’s been here? Also Kelly has missed several games this season before James was signed?

We didn't do great when he was out then either.. I do believe James will have more impact alongside Kelly. I'm guessing he's being rested

Chip Batch

Haha, what’s that got to do with it? Maybe we should have just got rid of the first team and played the under 23s instead if we didn’t get many points? Pretty sure the aim is to try and get points, regardless of if we get them or not.

James was already on loan at Barnsley then? I suppose he was looking for what he deemed to be the right player rather than just any player.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Surprised to see kelly starting. I know he seems very influential in results but why risk bringing him back in a game we'll likely be chasing a lot and lose anyway. Ease him back in. At least James is on the bench to replace him if needbe but think I'll be spending entire game just praying he doesn't get injured.

Also nice to see two up front, just hope they get the service.

Also good to see Osti back in but very surprised it wasn't Hyam dropping out - he clearly needs a rest. Now we've got a knackered Hyam and an ageing Fadz against a mobile attack, and neither are blessed with pace even at their peak.

I'm expecting another game similar to the last two - us to concede a few and then them to cruise through the remainder of the game so at least the scoreline remains somewhat respectable. If they decide to put their foot on our throat and go for the kill it might be a horrid afternoon, made even worse by the fact I'll have even longer to brood over it today.

stevefloyd

Wooooooo hooooooo Toneys out great news. Strange for Kelly to start but I guess its better for him to break down and bring James on than if James is subbed for Kelly

shmmeee

Which young prem AM ? Are you talking about Daniel Crowley from Blues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we were linked. And I dunno I’m not a scout but it’s a position we’ve done well finding players in before. Lends itself to a young tricky player or someone with a bit of pace.

Would’ve allowed us to switch it up with O’Hare being our only outlet or play the box properly with two AMs. Once it was clear Kasta, Jobello, Hilßner, Bapaga and Shipley weren’t up to it we should’ve brought someone in.

That’s assuming Györkeres was the best we could do for a target man. If not I’d have put the wages towards that.

Esoterica

Is it that strange for Kelly to start? I understood his groin has been alright for a while but it's been a toe issue keeping him out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We didn't do great when he was out then either.. I do believe James will have more impact alongside Kelly. I'm guessing he's being rested

I agree. When we get to the March games I'm hoping the two alongside each other with Hamer playing a bit more advanced closer to O'hare to try and use him to feed the striker(s). Last few games it feels like hamer has been trying to do everything himself.

Users who are viewing this thread