Brentford match thread (2 Viewers)

stupot07

But we are in division 3. If we were playing at the Ricoh we would have one of the highest turnovers. But because we are playing in Northampton we have the lowest. If we hadn't made such a stupid move we could have afforded to replace Clarke properly and could easily still be pushing for promotion.

That's a different argument from Brightons league status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Rusty Trombone

So they are to blame for a manager making the wrong subs?

People should have learnt about this from the thorn situation where managers and players are blameless because of big bad sisi

Maybe the subs saved us from losing by more, we'll never know for sure. How many more games should Pressley be given before he's sacked?

Astute

People should have learnt about this from the thorn situation where managers and players are blameless because of big bad sisi

Big bad SISI?

I get you. It is the fault of CCC that our squad isn't big enough or good enough....for instance our defence........because they charged too much rent.

Nick

Administrator
Big bad SISI?

I get you. It is the fault of CCC that our squad isn't big enough or good enough....for instance our defence........because they charged too much rent.

Where did I say that? It's the fault of the manager for poor decisions sometimes.

Marty

Maybe the subs saved us from losing by more, we'll never know for sure. How many more games should Pressley be given before he's sacked?

I'd rather lose 5-1 and give it a real go then just accept a 3-1 loss.

Astute

Where did I say that? It's the fault of the manager for poor decisions sometimes.

A manager is limited to using the players he is allowed to have in his squad. Is it his fault that he has a shit defence to choose from? If not then it is the fault of SISU. If it is then he deserves the sack as we have leaked goals all season.

Brighton Sky Blue

So, if every club maximises it's allowable loses then having one of the lowest turnovers mean you have one of the lowest budgets. Therefore turnover is hugely important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Point taken, however the overall financial health of the club would be better in a higher league and so players like Baker wouldn't still be around and if they were, definitely wouldn't be first teamers. Bigger crowds, bigger commercial revenue-with a bit of negotiating, access to all the matchday income and so on. It would all have just taken competent ownership.

Nick

Administrator
A manager is limited to using the players he is allowed to have in his squad. Is it his fault that he has a shit defence to choose from? If not then it is the fault of SISU. If it is then he deserves the sack as we have leaked goals all season.

Didn't he sign two of them? It's the same argument as with thorn, people are too blind with hate

Marty

They maybe shite, but Pressley signed 2 of those.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So, if every club maximises it's allowable loses then having one of the lowest turnovers mean you have one of the lowest budgets. Therefore turnover is hugely important.

Correct; which is what makes the Sixfields farce so spiteful and corrosive. But, if you understand this - and you claim to do so - you should be decrying it from the rooftops.

And you don't. You may claim you don't favour it; but 90% of the readers on here will know the nature of your posts to be more 'understanding' of the actions of our owners than their actions deserve

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Proved a tough challenge

Started well

Worked towards troubling their CB's. Started that well and scored plus created another chance
Disappointing pen incredible save
Manner of goals soft

Too slow coming out second half

3 on 3 very happy with but didn't defend a situation properly

Played some good football today

Have to toughen up

Not winning enough tackles

Need to go in with a real intent
Slight problem in respect of loans. Doesn't mean enough to loan players

Players coming to end of contra t not got their mind fully on the task ahead

Need to see more from players and see 'heart'
Hurting certain players

Brought up issue of Callum staying in the feet with re ref HT.
Do we have to encourage players to go down to get a pen?

Ref didn't give decision because he stayed on feet (in Pressleys opinion)

Need to be more determined

Playing good football but not enough to win games

Possession and attacking play very good

Little bit angry and frustrated

Several players brought in not shown the right commitment

Not their concern once they leave at the end of the season

All 9 remaining games are massive

Will come through this difficult period

First half we were exceptional but must improve defending
3rd goal very soft defending
2nd goal through a lost tackle

Working very hard but if don't win tackles in key moments, will lose

Short corners worked in first half due to zonal marking

Should score from more opportunities

Last edited:

Astute

Didn't he sign two of them? It's the same argument as with thorn, people are too blind with hate

Signed two of them with limited funds. Would they have been his first choice if he had the average to spend in this division?

Too blind with hate? Not blind enough to notice that either we have been held back with players not good enough or a manager not good enough. And I think it is more that the players are not good enough. Is this down to SP not knowing a good enough player or not having the funds to get good enough players in? I put it down to funds.

stupot07

Correct; which is what makes the Sixfields farce so spiteful and corrosive. But, if you understand this - and you claim to do so - you should be decrying it from the rooftops.

And you don't. You may claim you don't favour it; but 90% of the readers on here will know the nature of your posts to be more 'understanding' of the actions of our owners than their actions deserve

I don't agree with what they have done, I've just out what I think their reasons/viewpoint is on it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Signed two of them with limited funds. Would they have been his first choice if he had the average to spend in this division?

Too blind with hate? Not blind enough to notice that either we have been held back with players not good enough or a manager not good enough. And I think it is more that the players are not good enough. Is this down to SP not knowing a good enough player or not having the funds to get good enough players in? I put it down to funds.

He has just gone on the radio and stated the players brought in didn't have the right mentality-given that he has been talking about the importance of this from day 1 I am surprised he's gone on to bring in so many players with the 'wrong mentality', in his own opinion. I don't disagree at all with Nick that Thorn was given far too easy a ride, but I think that since then the impact of terrible off field management has become much more apparent.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wonder who the loans are that he's not happy with, and if the players coming to the end of their contract (presumably Christie and Moussa) aren't pulling their weight, why are they in the starting 11?

I would presume because there's nobody else. Marshall might not be fit enough to go through a full 90 yet which is the only reason I can think of for his exclusion.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't agree with what they have done, I've just out what I think their reasons/viewpoint is on it.

There is no sensible rationale behind playing in Northampton. Next season's squad will be abysmal based on this year's pathetic crowds and an utter humiliation is on the cards courtesy of these clowns.

Rusty Trombone

Do you want him to suffer the same fate as Thorn? You keep comparing the arguments to Thorn, I think Pressley is the best manager we could hope for at present.

stupot07

There is no sensible rationale behind playing in Northampton. Next season's squad will be abysmal based on this year's pathetic crowds and an utter humiliation is on the cards courtesy of these clowns.

Yep, I'm still hoping for a Ricoh return next season. Hopefully the JR will focus some minds.

SIR ERNIE

...and there in two simple sentences is the most accurate summary of where we are now and where we will be next season...if we're lucky.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, I'm still hoping for a Ricoh return next season. Hopefully the JR will focus some minds.

There is the not impossible prospect of going to Nuneaton next season as underdogs. Anybody thinking of defending the owners should strongly consider that.

Astute

There is the not impossible prospect of going to Nuneaton next season as underdogs. Anybody thinking of defending the owners should strongly consider that.

Or even playing them away at the Ricoh. That might make us about even.

Sky Blues

If baker was dire, why did he not come off? It is shit like that that can't be blamed on sisu and is down to the manager.

Baker wasn't doing much before the substitutions, but was more involved afterwards. He seemed to play inside a bit more and showed more drive than some of the other players late on.

letsallsingtogether

But they are the ones who are or are not investing in our club?

So go and use a lot of kids if it works out it was our idea with the help of Waggot if it doesn't it was all your idea.

Funny that what has happened to wonder waggot in the last few months.

So yes he is to blame for substitutions but when you have about 16 players to choose from you really don't have a lot of choice do you...

Keep the same team lose your fault change it around with players of the same or less ability lose its your fault.

We could have JC here would still be the same..

Then again if I give them my Dinner money and buy a coffee at shitfields maybe they would be able to buy some more players of the same standard?

People should have learnt about this from the thorn situation where managers and players are blameless because of big bad sisU.

skybluetony176

But they are the ones who are or are not investing in our club?

So go and use a lot of kids if it works out it was our idea with the help of Waggot if it doesn't it was all your idea.

Funny that what has happened to wonder waggot in the last few months.

So yes he is to blame for substitutions but when you have about 16 players to choose from you really don't have a lot of choice do you...

Keep the same team lose your fault change it around with players of the same or less ability lose its your fault.

We could have JC here would still be the same..

Then again if I give them my Dinner money and buy a coffee at shitfields maybe they would be able to buy some more players of the same standard?

Well said that man

Users who are viewing this thread