Brentford match thread (2 Viewers)

Astute

Only when people blame them for stupid things like bad decisions by the manager ;)

Show me where that was said :facepalm:

I have said it is mainly the fault of SISU because of the squad SP has been allowed. Do you agree? If not you should be calling for SP to be sacked......unless you want to blame CCC :whistle:

Or was it the fault of the balloon that was tied to Timothy's car?

stupot07

Either way, there isn't a widespread delusion about the team's quality. The stand-out thing about Pressley for me is that his assessment of the performances seems to be the same whether we win 5-0 or lose 5-0. He gave similar comments about today's performance when I've been chatting with a Brentford fan who was 'glad that the game was so easy at such a crucial point in the season'.

I'm quite happy for him to get criticism when he deserves it, but all some people are saying is that he is not responsible for the much bigger picture around the club, which the owners are primarily responsible for.

Yep, I'm not against him getting criticism, but the barrage of Pressley out calls, texts and tweets were a bit uncalled for after the match.

Nick

Administrator
Show me where that was said :facepalm:

I have said it is mainly the fault of SISU because of the squad SP has been allowed. Do you agree? If not you should be calling for SP to be sacked......unless you want to blame CCC :whistle:

Or was it the fault of the balloon that was tied to Timothy's car?

The squad SP has been allowed is fuck all to do with bad decisions though. Why would you purposely play people out of position when you have options?

The same shit was said about Thorn and look where he is now when it wasn't his fault he couldn't make a change until the 89th minute when it was quite clear we were going to concede because he had no backing.

I am by no means saying sack him because of a dodgy substitution.

skybluetony176

clearly he's trying to play his most committed players from the make do squad he has available. he clearly doesn't trust some players to give their all if they are on the pitch but they're still his best (maybe only) option for the bench. Not much of an option is it, play players who you know are committed to the cause and will give it their all out off position or put on someone in position but couldn't give a shit as they are seeing their time out and wont put in a full shift.

WestEndAgro

I'm not taking myself seriously? You are the one going on about affection? You are the one offering to fight people because they disagree with you?

Find the post where I am offering to fight with people, just because I try to educate you and try to make you aware of your blindspots you resort to this, I repeat Nick you are a clown

rupert_bear

We start the season -10 points quickly claw them back and Pressley quite rightly gets the plaudits, he has us playing well, scoring plenty of goals and looking good for a serious top 6 challenge. The wheels come off around Xmas time so at what point does our form become the managers responsibility ? Can he receive justifiable praise when winning but no criticism when struggling. I have to say I am beginning to find his team selections a puzzle and his choice of substitutions a bigger puzzle. We are leaking goals like a sieve. If we are allowed more loans he has to bring in atleast a couple of proper defenders, failure to do that by Pressley and/or Waggott will tell me lots, relegation is inevitable as we currently stand

H

Huckerby

Just wanted to say that I really do think we need to do all we can to hang on to Pressley. Anyone calling for him to be sacked is a clown. He is a young manager really and is still learning, he's going to make questionable decisions which the infinitely knowledgable amongst us won't agree with (joke).
When he gets a whole transfer window without an embargo to get some players in (freebies or otherwise), and the whole summer to train with the squad again then I have a lot of faith in him.

Substitutions were still a bit odd, and SISU are still to blame for the poor squad and being in Northampton etc etc. Just think it's silly to blame them for every little thing, especially at a micro level

edit: poor squad instead of small

WestEndAgro

Blind spots ! Let me explain for you ! Behaviour that is apparent to everyone else apart from the perpetrator, ie your blinkered support of Timmy, SISU, and your little gang of mates.

Grendel

Blind spots ! Let me explain for you ! Behaviour that is apparent to everyone else apart from the perpetrator, ie your blinkered support of Timmy, SISU, and your little gang of mates.

Are you 5 years old?

Grendel

Here come the usual suspects, your posts lack the impact they used to after your "defection" we just laugh at you now

Who are "we" - I'm glad I did - at least I can distance myself from uneducated morons like you. Supporters like you embarrass the club - I hope other fans' don't view this site when people like you are posting.

skybluetony176

Here come the usual suspects, your posts lack the impact they used to after your "defection" we just laugh at you now

He will probably be starting an "Andy Thorn is a legend" thread next. Listing his top 10 AT best decisions. He probably will find an angle to blame the council for any bad decisions and orchestrating his sacking though. I don't think grendull is quite there yet on doing a U turn on the council. Give it time though.

Astute

Who are "we" - I'm glad I did - at least I can distance myself from uneducated morons like you. Supporters like you embarrass the club - I hope other fans' don't view this site when people like you are posting.

Is this another insult that you never come out with?

WestEndAgro

Who are "we" - I'm glad I did - at least I can distance myself from uneducated morons like you. like you embarrass the club - I hope other fans' don't view this site when people like you are posting.

Ouch, I keep hitting some raw nerves, truth always hurts Grendull, post your drivel on GMK

What a sad,self publisist individual you are, go and bully someone else, oh and I expect Torch along any minute to back you up.

Go and listen to Marilion ! Ha ha

Grendel

Is this another insult that you never come out with?

Oh please. If people are blatently trying to suggest violence or advocate such then that is not acceptable.

You get all defensive when a pack of wolves descend on certain posters yet was strangely reticent when RFC was getting in yesterday.

Do you condone the alleged incident yesterday?

skybluetony176

Oh please. If people are blatently trying to suggest violence or advocate such then that is not acceptable.

You get all defensive when a pack of wolves descend on certain posters yet was strangely reticent when RFC was getting in yesterday.

Do you condone the alleged incident yesterday?

Didn't you call RFC a joke the other day? So using your own "logic" he is in fact attacking at least one of these wolves you're trying to take the moral high ground against. But then again you do want a charity to be ripped off while trying to be the PC police. You're a very confused individual.

WestEndAgro

Didn't you call RFC a joke the other day? So using your own "logic" he is in fact attacking at least one of these wolves you're trying to take the moral high ground against. But then again you do want a charity to be ripped off while trying to be the PC police. You're a very confused individual.

Definitely confused, can't even decide if he is boycotting or isnt.
A village somewhere is one man short

Grendel

I wasn't repeatedly swearing at RFC and being aggressive and abisuve.

As for ripping a charity off they are voices in your own head old chap. there is no evidence that sisu are or will rip them off and i dont think fisher of seppella would lob a barstool at any individual in that charity - its a cheap throwaway line to avoid the question of of you'd advocate violence against a particular individual. Just admit you do support it.

skybluetony176

As for ripping a charity off they are voices in your own head old chap. there is no evidence that sisu are or will rip them off and i dont think fisher of seppella would lob a barstool at any individual in that charity - its a cheap throwaway line to avoid the question of of you'd advocate violence against a particular individual. Just admit you do support it.

Abuse is abuse and you did it. I never said there was evidence of anything other than you would be happy to see the local tax payer and a local children's charity financially raped by a hedge fund and it's overseas investors. I don't remember your exact quote and I can't be arsed to look for it but it was along the lines of I don't care who looses out I want sisu to be given the Ricoh for free.

I haven't avoided any question. I made my opinion clear in my very 1st post on the subject. You probably didn't see it as you can't see beyond the end of your nose. You're the one who's using cheap throw away lines and pretending to be PC police to try and deflect that you have no moral compass.

Astute

All the proof is there that they are trying to rip a charity off. If it was CCC trying to rip them off you would be calling them all sorts of names. But you seem to think people will ignore the evidence if you try to twist the truth.

I have said it was wrong to throw a stool at him if it did happen. But I also understand why something happened. Our club is only just about surviving. We don't know for sure if we will have a club next season. We are now in a relegation battle where we could end up in Division 4. We could even end up in the same division as Nuneaton. We are not all the same. We have some that are happy to shake Timothy's hand. We will also have a few that would be happy to knock his head off for what he has done to our club. We have some that make excuses for why they go to Northampton. The vast majority will tell you why they won't go. Just like you were telling us why you wouldn't go until a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread