Brentford match thread (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
So you think SP is as bad as you thought AT was now?

No. I am saying people will blame SISU for everything, even the manager making poor changes. The same as they did with Thorn, who made a lot more bad decisions.

I am not saying sack SP either.

WestEndAgro

What affection is this? People talking shit? Not got any leaflets to hand out or internet fights to start?
?

Nick you really are a clown of epic proportions, you need to stop taking yourself so seriously, no-one else does you fool

Nick

Administrator
Nick you really are a clown of epic proportions, you need to stop taking yourself so seriously, no-one else does you fool

I'm not taking myself seriously? You are the one going on about affection? You are the one offering to fight people because they disagree with you?

letsallsingtogether

But would he have chose them given a choice? or was it all done by Waggot like we were lead to believe when all was going well?

Like the old saying goes "Beggars can't be Choosers"
He signed 5 out of the 7 subs.

Astute

Nobody denies that as a whole SISU are at fault for the situation of the whole club but you can't blame every individuals choice and decision on them.

Didn't say they were at fault for everything. I said they were at fault for the squad that he has been given. At fault for not having players good enough like in defence. At fault for no game changing subs.

SP has always said he don't like having loan players. How many loan players do we now rely on? Yet it is seen as SP's fault. Or is he just shit like our defence has been all season?

Astute

No. I am saying people will blame SISU for everything, even the manager making poor changes. The same as they did with Thorn, who made a lot more bad decisions.

I am not saying sack SP either.

So who is at fault for our present form which could get us relegated to division 4? SISU and Waggott for the squad or SP for not being good enough?

Brighton Sky Blue

So Pressley is immune from being criticised because SISU hired him?

This blind hatred is embarrassing.

Not what I said at all. Much to the contrary-but it is a simple fact that those at the top take responsibility for what happens under them and fielding a shite team, in a shite stadium outside Coventry, in a shite division is down to SISU. If the manager they appoint is no good, well, they appointed him, so ultimately they take the buck.

This is not the same as saying he's no good or has no faults.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
So who is at fault for our present form which could get us relegated to division 4? SISU and Waggott for the squad or SP for not being good enough?

I would say a mixture of SISU for not spending loads on the squad, SP for some tactical decisions and the players for making shit individual mistakes.

letsallsingtogether

I never said you couldn't I said what help are they giving him to bridge our weaknesses.

I have had to get rid of 6 of my operators this week some of them were really good but were temps it has left me with a pretty weak shift.
I have had to get help by swapping operators with other shifts to try and balance out the knowledge.

It would have been easy for my manager to say just get on with it and then watch me / him fail. But as a team we have to help each other.

Where is Presley's Help? It is to easy for owners to blame the manager get in a new one and then blame him.

You can still rate somebody and think they make mistakes / bad choices.

Nick

Administrator
I never said you couldn't I said what help are they giving him to bridge our weaknesses.

I have had to get rid of 6 of my operators this week some of them were really good but were temps it has left me with a pretty weak shift.
I have had to get help by swapping operators with other shifts to try and balance out the knowledge.

It would have been easy for my manager to say just get on with it and then watch me / him fail. But as a team we have to help each other.

Where is Presley's Help? It is to easy for owners to blame the manager get in a new one and then blame him.

I am not saying sack him, I am saying it was a shit substitution....

Astute

I would say a mixture of SISU for not spending loads on the squad, SP for some tactical decisions and the players for making shit individual mistakes.

Which is what we are saying. Do we blame SISU for the squad or SP for not being able to do enough with the players? It is not as though the defence has suddenly become shit.

Lots of us mentioned at the start of the season that the defence was poor and we wouldn't make it through with only two strikers. But we are not allowed to blame SISU by some.

stupot07

We can't purely blame the defence, the midfield have a lot to answer for defensively, as good as they have been in possessions they have been equally as poor out of possession - fleck, Thomas, baker, moussa all powderpuff without the ball.

Astute

We can't purely blame the defence, the midfield have a lot to answer for defensively, as good as they have been in possessions they have been equally as poor out of possession - fleck, Thomas, baker, moussa all powderpuff without the ball.

Which is the fault of SP or SISU?

We are in division 3. You don't need a great squad or great manager to have a chance of doing well.

stupot07

We are in division 3. You don't need a great squad or great manager to have a chance of doing well.

Like nick said a mixture of all 3 - sisu, Pressley and players. I also think that our players aren't quite as good as they and us think they are.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

The fault of the manager if he persists in players who are playing shockingly bad when he has other options on the bench without even seeming to acknowledge this. Playing left backs in left midfield and Right Backs and left back when the decent left back we have is also playing out of position?

I can totally understand when we don't have options, when we had no strikers but when we do have options, it is his fault.

Brighton Sky Blue

Like nick said a mixture of all 3 - sisu, Pressley and players. I also think that our players aren't quite as good as they and us think they are.

I don't know anybody who considers Andy Webster the Scottish Beckenbauer. I think most peoples' views on the quality of the team is generally realistic-praise gets reserved for the very few who deserve it but by and large there aren't the delusions of grandeur that were here last time round.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know anybody who considers Andy Webster the Scottish Beckenbauer. I think most peoples' views on the quality of the team is generally realistic-praise gets reserved for the very few who deserve it but by and large there aren't the delusions of grandeur that were here last time round.

"I played for a number of seasons alongside him so I'm very much aware of his footballing qualities and his character," Pressley added.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Didn't say they were at fault for everything. I said they were at fault for the squad that he has been given. At fault for not having players good enough like in defence. At fault for no game changing subs.

SP has always said he don't like having loan players. How many loan players do we now rely on? Yet it is seen as SP's fault. Or is he just shit like our defence has been all season?
Partly true, our squad quality/size is limited by what SISU will provide which isn't very much.

But if the manager hasn't made the best use of resources provided because of poor signings then he is at fault. Ask yourself this, is there any player that we could have realistically signed instead of Manset/Slager that would have been better signings.

Or if for a particular game the manager doesn't make the best use of his squad, then he is at fault. Is it possible that Pressley has made mistakes in his team selections and substitutions this season (Adams at LM when Moussa, Marshall and Mcgeouch were on the bench, or Clarke at LB when Adams was on the bench, or bringing Seabourne on at LB today. Is it possible that these were mistakes and didn't give us the best chance to win)

Yes, it is SISUs fault that our selection of defenders are not very good. However is there anything that Pressley could have done differently with this group of players to decrease the number of goals conceded. I would say yes
Could we have signed a better quality of defender instead of what seems like a pointless loan signing in Mcgeouch

Pressley has shown lots of promise as an exciting young manager over his 12 months but there are always things he could have done different.

Astute

The fault of the manager if he persists in players who are playing shockingly bad when he has other options on the bench without even seeming to acknowledge this. Playing left backs in left midfield and Right Backs and left back when the decent left back we have is also playing out of position?

I can totally understand when we don't have options, when we had no strikers but when we do have options, it is his fault.

The big question for me is why he isn't playing certain players.

Nick

Administrator
The big question for me is why he isn't playing certain players.

Like the Celtic lad?

“He is young, very hungry and has enormous potential and I look forward to working with him. He’s very comfortable in possession and he’s a player that I believe is a game-changer.”

I assume he must have a bad attitude or something.

stupot07

There's quite a few that think moussa, baker, fleck, Christie, Adams and murphy are all up there with the best in this division to be fair.

Astute

Partly true, our squad quality/size is limited by what SISU will provide which isn't very much.

But if the manager hasn't made the best use of resources provided because of poor signings then he is at fault. Ask yourself this, is there any player that we could have realistically signed instead of Manset/Slager that would have been better signings.

Or if for a particular game the manager doesn't make the best use of his squad, then he is at fault. Is it possible that Pressley has made mistakes in his team selections and substitutions this season (Adams at LM when Moussa, Marshall and Mcgeouch were on the bench, or Clarke at LB when Adams was on the bench, or bringing Seabourne on at LB today. Is it possible that these were mistakes and didn't give us the best chance to win)

Yes, it is SISUs fault that our selection of defenders are not very good. However is there anything that Pressley could have done differently with this group of players to decrease the number of goals conceded. I would say yes
Could we have signed a better quality of defender instead of what seems like a pointless loan signing in Mcgeouch

Pressley has shown lots of promise as an exciting young manager over his 12 months but there are always things he could have done different.

I fully agree with this. But still blame SISU more than SP.

Brighton Sky Blue

There's quite a few that think moussa, baker, fleck, Christie, Adams and murphy are all up there with the best in this division to be fair.

Murphy probably is one of the best keepers in the league. As for the others, I haven't seen much gushing praise for them in recent months, Fleck aside.

stupot07

To be fair, it's unfair to hammer Pressley on today's game given we were playing a team who had 27 more point then us, 10 more wins that us, sat in the autos, had scored only a few less than us,and conceded a third of the amount of goals we have prior to playing us, the odds prior to the game were 1/2 brentford win.

J

Jack Griffin

So SISU running the club as in a farcical manner and alienating their fanbase doesn't register on your radar. You never know maybe some of the players and other staff noticed.

Nick

Administrator
So SISU running the club as in a farcical manner and alienating their fanbase doesn't register on your radar. You never know maybe some of the players and other staff noticed.

That is exactly why Connor Thomas kept that ball in against Bradford for no reason leading to their goal, he was thinking about SISU and they made him do it. (as an example)

Other people can still make fuck ups, but some always just seem to blame SISU for everything.

SkyBlue_Bear83

To be fair, it's unfair to hammer Pressley on today's game given we were playing a team who had 27 more point then us, 10 more wins that us, sat in the autos, had scored only a few less than us,and conceded a third of the amount of goals we have prior to playing us, the odds prior to the game were 1/2 brentford win.

I'm not hammering him, I just think he has made some odd decisions lately. Acknowledged that the odd decision to play Seabourne at LB probably had little influence on the result today

Brighton Sky Blue

And from what I've heard fleck hasn't been particular good since December.

Either way, there isn't a widespread delusion about the team's quality. The stand-out thing about Pressley for me is that his assessment of the performances seems to be the same whether we win 5-0 or lose 5-0. He gave similar comments about today's performance when I've been chatting with a Brentford fan who was 'glad that the game was so easy at such a crucial point in the season'.

I'm quite happy for him to get criticism when he deserves it, but all some people are saying is that he is not responsible for the much bigger picture around the club, which the owners are primarily responsible for.

Rusty Trombone

Brentford have taken 46 points from a possible 57 at home, it is not a disgrace to come away without any points.

We are currently the 9th best team in the league.

Sometimes managers do things differently to how we would. At this stage I believe Pressley is doing as good a job as anyone else could do.

Astute

That is exactly why Connor Thomas kept that ball in against Bradford for no reason leading to their goal, he was thinking about SISU and they made him do it. (as an example)

Other people can still make fuck ups, but some always just seem to blame SISU for everything.

Just like some always seem to be looking for excuses for them.

Users who are viewing this thread