Brainstorm (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Personally I wouldn't attend a Wasps game, even as a protest.

Perhaps a better idea would be to congregate around the Jimmy Hill statue before/during a Wasps game and hold some form of protest there whilst Wasps are playing?

Nick

Administrator
I think the main thing is showing what ccfc owners and the council could have with ccfc fans if they stopped being dickheads.

Grendel

Won
A good start would be to spell Coventry correctly. You are only feeding them.

Great contribution. I'm sure you'll get to torchbearer status along with Armybike soon.

Samo

Well I disagree.

I think personally Wasps don't mind us being there as long as it is on their terms. I think stating that they want to destroy our club are way, way over the top, but that is by the by. I think stuff like that distracts us. I don't believe the council deliberately want to hurt us and by the same token I don't believe Sisu want to either.

We need to concentrate on how we progress this football club. We can't get rid of Wasps and we can't get rid of Sisu. Just think we need to focus on the positives that can aid us.

You don't believe CCC want to deliberately hurt SISU? No, they don't want to hurt us (the fans) but they cannot see past their spite and we are collateral damage.

martcov

Is there a vote for this City of Culture thing?

I don't know, but it seems that Wasps have tons of browny points for sponsoring the bid and offering the Ricoh for events. Explains a lot of what is going on. We have no positive contribution as far as I know.

ccfcway

Personally I wouldn't attend a Wasps game, even as a protest.

Perhaps a better idea would be to congregate around the Jimmy Hill statue before/during a Wasps game and hold some form of protest there whilst Wasps are playing?

I would happily attend one game to promote CCFC

and there in lies the problem, what will we all agree on to promote the long term future of our club?

martcov

Won

Great contribution. I'm sure you'll get to torchbearer status along with Armybike soon.

Hardly, but I thought any Wasps fan would laugh at that just after you mentioning them looking down at the grammar of city fans. Don't feed them.

SkyblueBazza

What might be more effective would be to pack the Ricoh out the first home game of every month (& I mean sell - out!)... that way the funding mostly goes to benefit CCFC (ffp income at the very least) & who knows...maybe our owner start to believe us in the success on the pitch bring in the cash argument?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

ccfcway

What might be more effective would be to pack the Ricoh out the first home game of every month (& I mean sell - out!)... that way the funding mostly goes to benefit CCFC (ffp income at the very least) & who knows...maybe our owner start to believe us in the success on the pitch bring in the cash argument?

...onwards & upwards PUSB
we should be doing that as a minimum. Its something over and above we need to do to get noticed

NorthernWisdom

If the mountain won't come to Mohammed...

Sometimes, a protest is about what makes the best news story.

Pointless doing the same old, same old with three men, a dog and a whistle. A protest has to be about the performance more than anything.

Monkeyface

I know that I am filled with rage about what is happening and I NEED to channel it into some form of protest. I sincerely hope that others feel the same and that rage will unite us.

I'm with Samo. I'm well pissed about the situation, and need something to channel my anger into. Take over a Wasps televised game, flares, balloons, banners, songs the lot... make the whole day fuck all to do with rugby... and we can get pissed in the stands whilst we do it! And Grendal is right, forget what your previous thoughts on the Trust are, we need to be united otherwise we ARE going to lose our club, so let's if you can you should be attending the next Trust meeting

martcov

Attending a Wasps game en masse could easily backfire. A few drunken twats could confirm all the worst prejudices against football fans and end in embarrassment. If some Wasps fans are arrogant and looking down on us because of bad grammar, imagine what would happen if some twats got drunk and made fools of themselves. Trying to get people to get off their arses and turn up somewhere for a protest is an uphill struggle anyway. We are disunited anyway on SBTalk, but are still counted as pro SISU by people not on this forum - so the amount of anti CCC Wasps feelings are not as high as on here. Better to do something that doesn't involve large amounts of effort getting people to go somewhere. Social media, papers, protest letters is probably more effective and with less risk. Interviews on TV if possible...Contact to local politicians that are not following the Wasps band wagon - if there are any...

Monkeyface

To be fair, it would be a better idea to fill the local pubs with city fans. Make them sky blue as well.

Sorry Nick, but how is going down the pub with only the landlord and his dog as an audience, better than filling the Ricoh with cov fans for a rugby match? We need to stop fucking around arguing and blaming each other for having different views, the only people who aren't to blame are the fans. We've been well and truly screwed over by everyone, and we've sort of let it happen by not coming together.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry Nick, but how is going down the pub with only the landlord and his dog as an audience, better than filling the Ricoh with cov fans for a rugby match? We need to stop fucking around arguing and blaming each other for having different views, the only people who aren't to blame are the fans. We've been well and truly screwed over by everyone, and we've sort of let it happen by not coming together.
I meant as well as, if people are going to wasps fill all the local pubs too

NorthernWisdom

A few drunken twats could confirm all the worst prejudices against football fans and end in embarrassment.

Any big protest would get the drunken twats though. It won't help, but think we have to accept that anything that winds up some passion risks some overdoing it.

Trying to get people to get off their arses and turn up somewhere for a protest is an uphill struggle anyway.

This is indeed true! It's where we all hav to, really, make a commitment to go along if we can to whatever protest is decided on...

Maybe fight fire with fire everybody support anyway you can Coventry rugby club instead of watching wasp let's support the local real Coventry rugby club and fly Coventry city fc banners

tbf, it's not an overly bad idea to all turn up to CRFC.

How about opening their ground while a Wasps game was on, and we filled it up even though the Rugby game was going on the other side of the city?

martcov

Any big protest would get the drunken twats though. It won't help, but think we have to accept that anything that winds up some passion risks some overdoing it.

This is indeed true! It's where we all hav to, really, make a commitment to go along if we can to whatever protest is decided on...

tbf, it's not an overly bad idea to all turn up to CRFC.

How about opening their ground while a Wasps game was on, and we filled it up even though the Rugby game was going on the other side of the city?

A packed house at the Butts with a united rugby and football fan base would not be a bad idea. The attendance money would go to Wasps rivals instead of Wasps and it would be a good test for the infrastructure argument. City fans could get to know the area and see what TF is talking about. There would be less aggression in the air and it would create a talking point without any potential embarrassment.

Generally Midfield

During Sixfields there were loads of protests including even in London so it's surely got to be a lot easier to do something in Cov now. But there were people who used to lead things. I said on the other protest thread that there must be loads of fans like me who want to do something and are just waiting for someone to get things going

martcov

I was even thinking the performance bit is you pack the Butts out (as it were!) while a Wasps game is going on... even though there's no game going on at the Butts.

Nothing.

Bearing in mind that CRFC may be our new partners, there would be a logic to joining forces to show that there are other sports teams than Wasps in Coventry.

martcov

During Sixfields there were loads of protests including even in London so it's surely got to be a lot easier to do something in Cov now. But there were people who used to lead things. I said on the other protest thread that there must be loads of fans like me who want to do something and are just waiting for someone to get things going

Some got lots of criticism though and not everything was a roaring success.

Samo

I was even thinking the performance bit is you pack the Butts out (as it were!) while a Wasps game is going on... even though there's no game going on at the Butts.

Nothing.

I love this idea, I'm in.

martcov

I love this idea, I'm in.

But, who opens the ground? What do the police say? I think it would be easier to join forces at a home game - maybe have the half half scarfs made up - .CRFC / CCFC. Even if not enough city fans turn up the ground won't be empty so we avoid a potential embarrassment if things don't work out. Worse way we see the game and have a few pints with the Rugby fans.

rupert_bear

Perhaps we could recruit the Legion to invade a high profile game which would likely to be televised, Grendel fresh with his or her razor cut, stay press and doc martins could lead the lads straight from their stronghold at the Wheatsheaf. Don't get too many old bill at the rugby and no football banning orders either.

The Reverend Skyblue

I like the butts idea from Norman and the attending a wasps game in Skyblue and singing our clubs song all match.
I'm in for either those two, and any other good ideas

shelby76

If we can't have our football club, we will have our Coventry rugby club lets go wasps games hand out flyers tell the people to support the local team not the wasps, I'd rather boost up local team, split wasps profit projection 2020 up there fucking are. No one from Coventry will support them.

Grendel

I don't know, but it seems that Wasps have tons of browny points for sponsoring the bid and offering the Ricoh for events. Explains a lot of what is going on. We have no positive contribution as far as I know.

So perhaps we should all vote for another city then

Grendel

Some got lots of criticism though and not everything was a roaring success.

Id imagine every post of yours on here us greeted by wider and wider grins by Eastwood and Richardson.

Keep bending over for them.

tisza

it has become a thing recently with several clubs when at certain points in a game the crowd performs a mass tribute or protest depending on the clubs involved. e.g. liverpool walkouts over ticket prices.
identify a significant number at which that minute in the game a mass action can take place. a mass walk out in the 87th minute might not be so effective but another symbolic gesture might. could probably get more people involved and wouldn't put money in wasps's pockets.

harvey098

I have not been very involved in the politics and business side and a lot of this has passed me by. Is anybody able to summarise exactly what has happened and what our grievance is please. If someone was able to do a fairly simple summary of events I'd really appreciate it.

martcov

Id imagine every post of yours on here us greeted by wider and wider grins by Eastwood and Richardson.

Keep bending over for them.

You obviously don't read every post I make and looking at the time of your post, I would think you just rolled in from the pub.

Generally Midfield

Yeah, it was a definite case of less is more.

Three men and a dog turning up just looked like nobody was bothered.
Haha good point. Maybe we should learn from what worked and what didn't. So like the thing about the candidate in Holbrook's didn't seem to do much but Arsenal was awesome and there seemed to be a lot of pretty small gimmicky things that seemed to get in the papers and even on tv as well as the big events.

Users who are viewing this thread