Brainstorm (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Black lives matter style...

Is it criminal damage to padlock somebody else's gate?
That is what made me think of it yes

Would certainly make an impact if a Wasps match was delayed for an hour because 1000's were late arriving

Ian1779

But all of them revenue streams that we would out perform them on would ultimately be
of benefit to them.

Not really - the only benefit to them would be rent and non-ticket match day revenue. TV money, sponsorship etc would all go to us direct. Most people in the sporting world would forget that Wasps own it and even play there.

Nick

Administrator
Not really - the only benefit to them would be rent and non-ticket match day revenue. TV money, sponsorship etc would all go to us direct. Most people in the sporting world would forget that Wasps own it and even play there.
Exactly, naming rights would be all about us. We would have a bit of power then...

Ian1779

Exactly, naming rights would be all about us. We would have a bit of power then...
We'd receive as much prize money in finishing last in the PL as they would earn in naming rights for 10 years.

Brylowes

I don't know what they make from us being there at the moment, but if it's say £200.000 per annum
And if it was say £1000.000 in the PL you don't think that would help there financial model.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know what they make from us being there at the moment, but if it's say £200.000 per annum
And if it was say £1000.000 in the PL you don't think that would help there financial model.

It is about the power and the draw, if we were on Sky Sports playing Man Utd the Ricoh would be known to most as our stadium.. We would have way too much power if we were a PL club, not to mention the FA / PL licking our arses to help, if Wasps tried things on like the academy it would be all over sky sports news.

Brylowes

It is about the power and the draw, if we were on Sky Sports playing Man Utd the Ricoh would be known to most as our stadium.. We would have way too much power if we were a PL club, not to mention the FA / PL licking our arses to help, if Wasps tried things on like the academy it would be all over sky sports news.
But they still have to make money and us being in the PL would undoubtedly help them do so. Frankly
I would say it's a bit naive to suggest otherwise.
They could probably charge us £2000.000 per year and that would be peanuts to us .

st john

Wasps want the club gone. The council want the club gone. We are an irritant. You keep dancing with the devil because of your absurd infatuation with a rather unpleasant looking structure near the M6

In interested in the club - not a lump of concrete.
Why would Wasps and the council want the club gone? They both may want Sisu gone but that's not necessarily the same thing. Under different (or common) ownership logic suggests both would want a successful club in the city.

skybluetony176

Could we do a protest that gets a major road into the Ricoh blocked off on the day of a Wasps match?

That's a good one. Especially if it was a televised game and delayed the kickoff. Just get load's to turn up in cars and do very slow laps around the M6 roundabout and the one the other side of the Ricoh. With all the match day traffic it wouldn't take much to slow everything down to a very slow crawl or even gridlock the area. A very very slow rolling road block. All while flying CCFC flags and scarfs out of car windows of course so there's no mistaking what's going on.

skybluetony176

Why would Wasps and the council want the club gone? They both may want Sisu gone but that's not necessarily the same thing. Under different (or common) ownership logic suggests both would want a successful club in the city.

SISU aren't the club, unless it suits. Then it is.

Nick

Administrator
Ok to re-phase it, Wasps and the council may want the current owners gone but not necessarily Coventry City football club

So to do that, they damage the club, which probably wont bother SISU anyway as they just go back to London or the Caymans?

oucho

Accomodate is that much they won't discuss rent talks?

Serious question, would wasps ever want us in the premier league? Would they want us in the media for any sort of success?

Or would they love ccfc bad, wasps good type coverage..

The post seems a bit naive and could well just be straight from a statement in the telegraph.

If I was being harsh I'd call that cynical.........

Gazolba

If Wasps really want to be a global brand they won't achieve that with rugby since it is not, and never will be, a global game. If that is what Wasps want, they should buy CCFC (or some other club) and integrate football into their rugby strategy. If they think that by removing CCFC that all the CCFC attendance will suddenly switch to Wasps, they are delusional. Coventry is a big enough city to support a top-class rugby team (after all we had one for years before Wasps arrived) and a top class football team.

italiahorse

We would get a higher profile but they would remain exactly the same. No loss there.
We would get indirect benefits from stadium naming rights but they would get an increase.
We would pay increased rent in the PL.
F and B would mainly benefit them.
Higher profile would enable them to provide more conferences and build hotels etc.

To sum up it would be a win win for both teams.

Buster

Trying and failing to get with Grendles op . I can understand the massive conspiracy theory of wasps ccc and various other organisations ,perhaps the telegraph aswell (even if I don't agree with it ) but the questions been asked and I seem to have missed the answer. Why would wasps like to see the back of ccfc?

SBT

Trying and failing to get with Grendles op . I can understand the massive conspiracy theory of wasps ccc and various other organisations ,perhaps the telegraph aswell (even if I don't agree with it ) but the questions been asked and I seem to have missed the answer. Why would wasps like to see the back of ccfc?

Because of the 'City of Rugby' initiative of course. We haven't seen a more sinister or powerful social movement since the Chinese Cultural Revolution. I'm amazed they haven't got to you already.

skybluetony176

As far as I can see Wasps first televised game is Sunday the 4th of September. Anyone up for the rolling road block around the area idea?

chiefdave

As far as I can see Wasps first televised game is Sunday the 4th of September. Anyone up for the rolling road block around the area idea?
Part of any protest against Wasps should involve educating their fans to what the actual issues are. They are fed PR that Wasps are giving us the world and we're refusing out of spite.

Users who are viewing this thread