Bradford Match Thread (7 Viewers)

Captain Dart

74point tends to do it apart from 1 season when Chesterfield got 69 (this season 6th WONT need 74points IMO

Win the last remaining 4 games puts us on 72point. This could potentially go down to the last day of the season, as per usual with Cov!

Surreal optimism. Here are the remaining fixtures http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/fixtures, perhaps you could explain the maths on your calcs, s'il vous plait.

SkyBlueSid

We're bound to win tonight as we are going. We bought a 6-game package for this season and every one of them so far has been a home win, including Wigan, Gillingham and Bury. Or could it just be a coincidence?

fernandopartridge

Sorry guys, don't get the optimism
Other team has it all to play for, we don't (we might have a mathematical possibility of playoffs, but it would take a bizarre sequence of results)

We only beat Millwall because they went down to 10 men, form before that was dire

0-3 Bradford

I hope Mowbray begins to experiment for next season: would start giving players like George Thomas a look in now (and possibly Ben Stevenson off the bench).

Although I think we'll lose tonight, I don't think next year will be gloomy at all though

I can't understand why you think we'll concede 3 at home to a team that is hardly free scoring, whilst we've been reasonably tight at the back for most of the season.

If we win or lose tonight it will be by a single goal imo.

smileycov

Facebook User
^^^^ Because if you say anything other than we will loose, you get shit!
It is still possible so why not be hopefull.

covcity4life

fact is alot of cov fans like it when we lose

they get perverse pleasure from us being rubbish. they must like the chance to vent and be angry i think. at home or at work maybe they dont speak their mind and feel emasculated.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Even if we get to 72 points I think that will still be 1-3 points short of the required total.

Still, it would be good to finish the season on a high, get some feel good factor back amongst the fans and some reasons to be optimistic for next season

stupot07

Even if we get to 72 points I think that will still be 1-3 points short of the required total.

Still, it would be good to finish the season on a high, get some feel good factor back amongst the fans and some reasons to be optimistic for next season
Agreed, i find it a bit odd that some actually think top 6 is still on, its gone now. Let's just concentrate on having a good finish, a win or two or an unbeaten run would be great.

A draw tonight would be a good result

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

fact is alot of cov fans like it when we lose

they get perverse pleasure from us being rubbish. they must like the chance to vent and be angry i think. at home or at work maybe they dont speak their mind and feel emasculated.

Especially poster Glen, he absolute loves it when we lose, he cannot log on fast enough to spout his shite when we do, never seen any other time.

phildownunder

Can't help but smile. :)

We win one game, playing a team down to 10 men and suddenly we're talking about winning 5 matches in a row again. Ha, ha, ha!! :)

I think a draw tonight will be excellent.

Spot on Otis. One win and the bi polar tendency in some fans comes out again.

covcity4life

Especially poster Glen, he absolute loves it when we lose, he cannot log on fast enough to spout his shite when we do, never seen any other time.

same with stupot. post count goes up when we lose

stupot- no one is saying playoffs are on, they are simply DREAMING about winning every game and somehow clincing a berth

for god sakes, find your inner child who once loved the sport.

Otis

Why does everyone insist on calling Gadzhev the Bulgarian guy? It’s really not a difficult name to master…
Well yeah, okay, the name Gadzhev may well be quite easy, but unfortunately I myself, can't spell Gadzhev and I'm sure it will be exactly the same for many other posters too.

stupot07

same with stupot. post count goes up when we lose

stupot- no one is saying playoffs are on, they are simply DREAMING about winning every game and somehow clincing a berth

for god sakes, find your inner child who once loved the sport.
I post on here all the time, matchdays and non match days so that's a lie for a start

YOU may be saying you're simply dreaming about it, but there are others who believe we can do it. I didn't even read your post so wasnt talking about you anyway. It was quite evident from the phone in and texts coming in after the match that a fair few believe the match to the arch is back on.

Funny how you only ever pick on my posts and none of the others that have a similar viewpoint to me. In fact someone quoted your post directly and you didn't answer them back just waited for me to post.

Last edited:

covcity4life

i would imagine they are dreaming and saying its possible not that its remotly likely

we need to win 4 out of 4 and then still rely on others results. chance sof players are tiny...but doable lol

take it 1 game at a time. lets close gap to bradford tonight to 8pts and hope millwall and gills drop pts too. then we have to worrya bout barnsley,scunny and sheff utd too lol

steve82

----------------RCC--------------------
Phillips----Martin----Stephens---- Ricketts
------ Rose ---- vincelot------Fleck -----
--- Lameries-----Tudgay-----Armstrong --
Addai - Harries - lorentzson - Cole - Jones- Murphy - Thomas.
Lameries deserves another chance to start as JJ can come on for him after 55/60 mins, Cole will most likely drop to the bench after 90 mid Saturday. Tudgay should start as he gives us a focal point up front, no Gadzhev as he played 75 mins yesterday as he's building up his fitness, and I think Stevenson should be given match day squad experience ahead of Maddison who there is no room in my squad.
Can not call the score, maybe 1-1 billy clarke is bound to score as per against us

Otis

I post on here all the time, matchdays and non match days so that's a lie for a start

YOU may be saying you're simply dreaming about it, but there are others who believe we can do it. I didn't even read your post so wasnt talking about you anyway. It was quite evident from the phone in and texts coming in after the match that a fair few believe the match to the arch is back on.

Funny how you only ever pick on my posts and none of the others that have a similar viewpoint to me. In fact someone quoted your post directly and you didn't answer them back just waited for me to post.

Would say that stupot is one of the best posters on this forum. Always reasoned and rational and I agree with so much that he posts.

As he says, some still seem to believe we can do it and still make the play-offs. That is an enormous leap of faith and so highly, highly improbable. Six teams remain above us and Gillingham in 6th could win just one of their remaining games, draw one and lose two and still it would be likely we wouldn't be able to catch them. Just one win out of four games.

I agree with cc4l though that we should just take one game at a time and try to win each one. That's all we should be focusing on and nowt else.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Just think though if we had a few more polnts on board and we won tonight it would have made it interesting. But looking forward to the game and three more points.

lifeskyblue

Just think though if we had a few more polnts on board and we won tonight it would have made it interesting. But looking forward to the game and three more points.

Yes...you look at the second half of the season and the awful games where our effort was minimal and our style of play non-existent. A few draws and/or wins there and we would be sitting v pretty now.
As it is a good performance tonight and I will be looking forward to renewing my season ticket...albeit still in league 1

fernandopartridge

Would say that stupot is one of the best posters on this forum. Always reasoned and rational and I agree with so much that he posts.

As he says, some still seem to believe we can do it and still make the play-offs. That is an enormous leap of faith and so highly, highly improbable. Six teams remain above us and Gillingham in 6th could win just one of their remaining games, draw one and lose two and still it would be likely we wouldn't be able to catch them. Just one win out of four games.

I agree with cc4l though that we should just take one game at a time and try to win each one. That's all we should be focusing on and nowt else.

I don't know if anybody thinks we can do it. It's more that we could do it if everything went our way. It's highly unlikely but nothing wrong with a bit of optimism. As General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett says in Blackadder:

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

Captain Dart

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Sure look if we win we win if we dont we dont, i think we all would feel same very deep down a tiny bit of us if we won be like maybe just glitter hope maybe last push for play off spot but we lose then its just lets try get top half finish at least, head says 2-1 loss heart says 1-0 win.

Evo1883

If we win .
You would say that despite being meaningless , that 7 points from the last 12 is a very good return

covcity4life

i wasnt picking on anything. you just come to mind as one of most miserable posters. you just never seem happy and i worry about you.

you see reasoned and rational, i see negative and depressive. its same reason your posts are so shit lately otis. you went from this is our year to omg how can anyone think we could ever make playoffs. least i am consistent in my optimism

I don't know if anybody thinks we can do it. It's more that we could do it if everything went our way. It's highly unlikely but nothing wrong with a bit of optimism. As General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett says in Blackadder:

exactly.

harvey098

If we'd've somehow just picked up 1 or 2 wins in that terrible run, tonight would've been such a huge game. Probably 20k up there for it. hmmm always next season... again :whistle:

covcity4life

Are we still shouting.down people being proved right?

lmao what a surprise. right to his rescue

this whole playing victim and making out covcity4life to be a bully is getting tiring.

hes not been shouted down at all. and i never once said he was wrong either because he has been proven right regarding promotion.

i simply stated that i think he enjoys cov doing badly and likes a moan.

but you keep twisting nick.

Gazolba

Why does everyone insist on calling Gadzhev the Bulgarian guy? It’s really not a difficult name to master…

Yes real easy. I work with a guy called Srikumar Lakschminarayanan and I learned to pronounce his name. I had to repeat it to myself about 50 times over several days but I got it in the end. I'm now quite proud I am his only co-worker who can say it correctly.

Gazolba

lets jsut extend the season one game at a time. today is gonna be tough. very tough

For them as well as us. And we have nothing to lose but they do.

vow

Unfortunately just a draw I reckon 1-1.

Armstrong to end his drought.

Users who are viewing this thread