Boddy Update (1 Viewer)

hill83

Hurts me to say it, but I’d take 5 years at Brum now. (Obviously less would be better) But I need to see plans, spades and blokes in hard hats before the start of the 21/22 season.

Fuck the Ricoh. Never want to even see the place ever again.

mr_monkey

It's only my 2nd post on here but long time lurker. I've been going up the city since 1946 when my great grandad first carried me there on his shoulders after a 24 hour shift in the mines. I remember when I was hanging off a floodlight when we beat Notts County 4-1 in '55 in front of 50,000 cov fans but you couldn't tell which team was which because it was all in black and white. Anyway, I've had enough of the politics and lies from SISU. Even though i've had a season ticket every year since season tickets were invented (except for Sh*tfields) I'm jacking it in. SISU should just do a deal so we can all watch cov in cov. Away games only for me this year.

It's shitsu not sisu

GaryJones

I welcome Dave Boddys statement and I think it gives us some understanding of what they have been up against in these negotiations - I’m frustrated beyond belief that we are not playing in Coventry next season however now we are closer to understanding how Wasps operate I’m going to give my support to the club and renew my season tickets at St Andrews.
It’s expensive and inconvenient travelling every week but I refuse to let London Wasps win by sitting on my hands at home whilst my football club is playing a few miles down the road.
I hope with all my heart that the Coventry public see these interlopers for what they are and stay away from the Ricoh Arena.
They do not deserve to be welcomed into our City and they should buzz off back to where they came from - I detest them!

theferret

Hurts me to say it, but I’d take 5 years at Brum now. (Obviously less would be better) But I need to see plans, spades and blokes in hard hats before the start of the 21/22 season.

Fuck the Ricoh. Never want to even see the place ever again.

Yep, I'm going that way too. A stadium of this size is a 2 year build, so we have to be balls deep in the planning process this time next year. There's time enough for an appeal and referral to SoS within 3 years. 5 years is doable. Get on with it.

jim20

I was being facetious and attempting a parody of the accounts that always pop up when Wasps or CCC get their asses handed to them. And now I've had to explain it YOU'VE FUCKING RUINED IT

giphy.gif

sorry 😐

Johnnythespider

That is clear but I do find it difficult to believe Sepoella signed an NDA so heavily weighted against their ability for disclosure
Would she have a choice if it was a pre requisite to begin negotiations.

Grendel

Dave Boddy can be trusted
He's an honest man doing his best and acting honourably
As for Wasps and their cronies at the council
Recent events have pretty much shown their true colours

Boddy may well be trusted but he will not have any authority really - Sepalla will sign all relevant documentation

Wasps on the other hand I guess do allow Eastwood to act in that capacity. I have been advised Richardson is embarrassed by the whole fiasco

Kingokings204

I really like Dave Boddy, after listening to his podcast with the two fans last week or so he comes across genuine and real.

this tell us everything we need to know and we need to move on. Forget the Ricoh and let’s crack on. We really have a problem with how? Any new ground will be at least 5 years away ( I really think it’s impossible) and we are probaly at our highest point we can get to and are a decent bet for relegation again and some mismanagement again and league 2 can easily happen. Sorry being real and it did happen before.

wasps have treated us with nothing but disrespect and unless they come back with a genuine offer then we just take it game by game. See where we are end of the season.

cc84cov

Boddy may well be trusted but he will not have any authority really - Sepalla will sign all relevant documentation

Wasps on the other hand I guess do allow Eastwood to act in that capacity. I have been advised Richardson is embarrassed by the whole fiasco
Embarrassed ? It’s gonna get a lot worse yet we haven’t seen shit yet G 👀👏🏼

Nick

Administrator
All we need is the EFL to confirm what their deadlines were & it already adds significant credence to Boddy's statement.

It reads that the EFL have been CC'd into everything and their statement matches

“Whilst the EFL remains firmly of the view that its member clubs should play in the towns and cities from which they take their name, we accept that on occasions temporary relocation may be required,” a spokesman said.

“This was the case when Coventry City were given permission to play its home games for season 2019/20 at St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium on a temporary basis in June 2019.

“Following further discussions, it has now been agreed to extend the arrangements into season 2020/21, whilst also noting the recent announcement by the club in respect of developments at the University of Warwick.

skyblu3sk

The indemnity is the smoking gun. They really don't want it getting out but it will. Question is will everyone believe it...

Frostie

It reads that the EFL have been CC'd into everything and their statement matches

Oh yeah totally. As clueless as they are in many ways they're clearly in agreement with the club on this. If they genuinely thought we'd decided to just "withdraw from talks" I doubt they'd be quite so supportive.

I just want it literally spelling out so that the usual suspects can't just spout "Yeah but SISU"

clint van damme

12 pints now?

yeah! But now is time to ramp it up. Am I wrong? I'm not on about rioting just being a bit more disruptive than we were before. Or as Harry said, target city of culture.
We're being exiled from our own city and we need to do something about it.
If they start digging the footings on the Uni stadium tomorrow I'll chill out about the Ricoh but we all know that that day is a long way off at best.

Nick

Administrator
yeah! But now is time to ramp it up. Am I wrong? I'm not on about rioting just being a bit more disruptive than we were before. Or as Harry said, target city of culture.
We're being exiled from our own city and we need to do something about it.
If they start digging the footings on the Uni stadium tomorrow I'll chill out about the Ricoh but we all know that that day is a long way off at best.

The city of culture and sport should have been targetted from the start as soon as CCFC were left out.

tisza

Gilbert's deep investigation into Wasps being involved in a takeover.

Wasps and Hoffman said no comment, that's it lads job done.

Almost like a game of chicken between the respective owners as to who can distress the other first for their own gains.

Users who are viewing this thread