Boddy Update (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Quick question, what is the crack if they drop the NDA and wasps are lying, what are we expecting will happen?

I’m assuming that we all expect the local media to brush it under the carpet and we’ll be back to square 1?

Real politic is not an awful lot. Wasps don’t care about PR as it doesn’t impact their bottom line I’d imagine. They see the risk of losing the Ricoh/compensation claims are far higher run the reward of a few hundred K from CCFC or a few hundred pissed off CCFC fans.

The council don’t care because both parties are implicated if anything is wrong so no political danger.

The only people with anything to gain or lose in this are Sisu which is why they’re making all the noise. The status quo and wait to see what happens is the best option for Wasps unless they can strongarm Sisu into stopping attempts to reverse the sale.

Sky Blue Pete

Real politic is not an awful lot. Wasps don’t care about PR as it doesn’t impact their bottom line I’d imagine. They see the risk of losing the Ricoh/compensation claims are far higher run the reward of a few hundred K from CCFC or a few hundred pissed off CCFC fans.

The council don’t care because both parties are implicated if anything is wrong so no political danger.

The only people with anything to gain or lose in this are Sisu which is why they’re making all the noise. The status quo and wait to see what happens is the best option for Wasps unless they can strongarm Sisu into stopping attempts to reverse the sale.
Exactly how I see it but wouldn’t have put it quite so well

olderskyblue

The comments which describe what happened last year (indemnity, time wasting etc.) last year and saying the same things happened this time around.
Having met Boddy, I was wondering if these were his words. Doesn’t correspond to things he said then, or “sound” like the words he would use. Could be wrong of course.

Sky Blue Pete

Having met Boddy, I was wondering if these were his words. Doesn’t correspond to things he said then, or “sound” like the words he would use. Could be wrong of course.
They are categorically his words. So much time for what he’s achieved and for the way he’s communicated with the fan base

olderskyblue

They are categorically his words. So much time for what he’s achieved and for the way he’s communicated with the fan base
I assume you’ve spoken to him then since the statement?

Sky Blue Pete

I assume you’ve spoken to him then since the statement?
Communicated rather than spoken. I wouldn’t want to use his precise words but I know how much time and effort he has personally and professionally put into the deal and building and nurturing friendships with wasps. I also know that many in the local media and wasps think he is only doing the bidding of his employer and there may be truth in that but not on this occasion. I reached out to say I was so sorry that things had happened the way they had over the Ricoh and thanked him for all his efforts. His reply were the words of someone who stood by every word of the ccfc statement attributed to him.

olderskyblue

Communicated rather than spoken. I wouldn’t want to use his precise words but I know how much time and effort he has personally and professionally put into the deal and building and nurturing friendships with wasps. I also know that many in the local media and wasps think he is only doing the bidding of his employer and there may be truth in that but not on this occasion. I reached out to say I was so sorry that things had happened the way they had over the Ricoh and thanked him for all his efforts. His reply were the words of someone who stood by every word of the ccfc statement attributed to him.
Of course, that’s what he could have been told to say... ;)

Fergusons_Beard

Sorry Shmeee but aren’t Wasps listed on the stock exchange? Then PR plays a massive part of keeping stock price up-absolute suicide not to use it.

Especially as the bond sinking fast!

a965d59c9e3e3d149af2433a80c02aba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

shmmeee

Sorry Shmeee but aren’t Wasps listed on the stock exchange? Then PR plays a massive part of keeping stock price up-absolute suicide not to use it.

Especially as the bond sinking fast!

a965d59c9e3e3d149af2433a80c02aba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had no idea. Do we have any evidence that their stock price is affected by CCFC fan's feelings? Did previous actions move it?

I can see how we'd hope so, just looking for some evidence. Seems the Ricoh ownership is far more important than CCFC fans liking them to me. Happy to see evidence to the contrary.

mark82

Only thing I disagree with is that Wasps don't care about PR. They're still a new team in the city and trying to establish themselves. Crowds aren't exactly booming at the moment.

If they don't care about PR, then they probably should.

mark82

Had no idea. Do we have any evidence that their stock price is affected by CCFC fan's feelings? Did previous actions move it?

I can see how we'd hope so, just looking for some evidence. Seems the Ricoh ownership is far more important than CCFC fans liking them to me. Happy to see evidence to the contrary.

Think it's the bond that's listed. I don't the the company are publicly listed.

ccfcricoh

If your Wasps now, dont you just sit quiet and not say anything further?

What have they got to lose, i think they already know not many CCFC fans will go and watch them, why would they care if they piss us off any more or we dont believe them.

This is their opportunity to fully cut ties.

SISU can then come out and say "see we were being honest, it was down to Wasps because they didnt argue" but in reality we are then up the creek until the new ground is ready!

i dont see why Wasps would make another statement and think they will let it blow over.

Not really sure what SISUs play is here, i'd love Wasps to disappear but dont think it will be as quick as some do, surely they have to get digging at Warwick Uni sharpish. Im not sure we can survive 5 years in Birmingham to be honest......

shmmeee

Only thing I disagree with is that Wasps don't care about PR. They're still a new team in the city and trying to establish themselves. Crowds aren't exactly booming at the moment.

If they don't care about PR, then they probably should.

As always, I'm not giving my opinion on whether they should care, just my opinion on whether they seem to. I can see why the Ricoh has more of an impact on their bottom line than CCFC fans feelings though. Surely you can see that? I don't see the economic imperative for them to reach a deal while they believe it gives them power to make Sisu stop.

It's a game of poker isn't it? While Wasps believe Sisu might be bluffing they won't fold. If you get two sides who both think the other is bluffing, you get a fat pot and someone goes bust usually. That seems the case to me. Point is, nowhere in that equation are the fans other than Sisu need to keep them onside while it plays out. Wasps can be hated all we like and they won't care. Just like we've seen with CCFC, even if people are very worked up it tends to have very little impact on attendances, people go or not based on the product not morality.

Nick

Administrator

It's not just CCFC fan's feelings, is it?

It's exactly why they rolled out ex players to bullshit that there was nothing wrong with the accounts.

Do you really not get any of this?

shmmeee

It's not just CCFC fan's feelings, is it?

It's exactly why they rolled out ex players to bullshit that there was nothing wrong with the accounts.

Do you really not get any of this?

Put a number on it. What do you reckon the bad PR costs Wasps, is it more or less than they stand to lose/gain from the Ricoh saga?

I'm not sure what there is to 'get'? Either it's more than the damage for the Ricoh and Wasps are acting irrationally, or it's not and they aren't.

You seem to have real trouble decoupling your feelings from a rational analysis of why people might act like they are. Me saying 'I can see the financial reasons why Wasps wouldn't care' isn't me saying 'Isn't it great Wasps don't care' You get that, right?

Nick

Administrator
Put a number on it. What do you reckon the bad PR costs Wasps, is it more or less than they stand to lose/gain from the Ricoh saga?

I'm not sure what there is to 'get'? Either it's less than the damage for the Ricoh and Wasps are acting irrationally, or it's not and they aren't.

You seem to have real trouble decoupling your feelings from a rational analysis of why people might act like they are. Me saying 'I can see the financial reasons why Wasps wouldn't care' without me saying 'Isn't it great Wasps don't care' You get that, right?

Have a look at how the bonds drop on certain dates when news come out and link them.

I can totally see why people act like they do, hence I figured out why you and your old man were making up things about me. 😂 :rolleyes: The same as it took a year for the Trust to grasp who it was making them look bad on social media. The same as I called Wasps being involved with the Consortium (to which you said conspiracy).

clint van damme

The feelings of CCFC fans might not affect it, but the absence of 500,000 of them and visiting supporters traipsing around the arena in the next year will.

Sky Blue Pete

If your Wasps now, dont you just sit quiet and not say anything further?

What have they got to lose, i think they already know not many CCFC fans will go and watch them, why would they care if they piss us off any more or we dont believe them.

This is their opportunity to fully cut ties.

SISU can then come out and say "see we were being honest, it was down to Wasps because they didnt argue" but in reality we are then up the creek until the new ground is ready!

i dont see why Wasps would make another statement and think they will let it blow over.

Not really sure what SISUs play is here, i'd love Wasps to disappear but dont think it will be as quick as some do, surely they have to get digging at Warwick Uni sharpish. Im not sure we can survive 5 years in Birmingham to be honest......
Would be my advice

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
My view is that SISU have taken a calculated gamble for next season assuming that Covid will mean vastly reduced crowds, it wouldn't make a difference to attendances whether we're at Ricoh or St Andrews.
I can't then see us back at the Ricoh the season after as Wasps have to find £35m on May 2022 and SISU certainly wouldn't want to assist with that.

Users who are viewing this thread