Blocks 14 to 16 (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

When I saw the second statement I hoped people would finally realise it’s not down to the club but they still seem to be getting the blame.

Nick

Administrator
When I saw the second statement I hoped people would finally realise it’s not down to the club but they still seem to be getting the blame.

Can't see how people are still struggling.

It's there in black and white.

which we will ask is reviewed with immediate effect and we hope we will be allowed

italiahorse

Everybody agrees it needs to be sorted, it’s the method of doing it that’s at issue here.
Extra stewarding yes, but restricting tickets in the area, no.

Nick

Administrator
Everybody agrees it needs to be sorted, it’s the method of doing it that’s at issue here.
Extra stewarding yes, but restricting tickets in the area, no.

giphy.gif

Yes, as the club have said. It was either they did that or closed the block so are going to go back and try and get it relaxed.

Nick

Administrator
What is ridiculous is the fact that it literally is a few rows at the back which are overcrowded. The bottom half of the corner is empty each week.

It's probably been brought on by the last few games of last season though hasn't it?

Liquid Gold

The thing is there are 92 football clubs in the top 4 division of this country, all have fans who would prefer to stand and sing and we're by no means the worst behaved of them, the only reason for this is internal politics.

CovInEssex

The thing is there are 92 football clubs in the top 4 division of this country, all have fans who would prefer to stand and sing and we're by no means the worst behaved of them, the only reason for this is internal politics.

This is what I can’t get my head around. I get it’s a safety issue and out of the clubs hands but such a sweeping ban is unheard of, Wolves, Blues and Villa all have standing areas

Nick

Administrator
This is what I can’t get my head around. I get it’s a safety issue and out of the clubs hands but such a sweeping ban is unheard of, Wolves, Blues and Villa all have standing areas

They are all seaters aren't they?

The issue is overcrowding.

Specs WT-R75

Before I moved to the Isle of Man I was a season ticket holder with my life-long football friends in 15. Last 2 seasons still managed to make 10+ games... all in 15. I don't care about the block, but I do care about who I am actually attending the game with. So the problem that is being attempted to solve, is now putting me in a position where I either have to break the rule and sit in an empty seat, albeit not my allocated seat (as the seat next to my friends are still going to be empty)... either that or the stewards turn me away and I don't go to games anymore until this issue is resolved.

This isn't like the shutting of the seats behind the goals because we all had to move and I can still sit with friends and family. This is a terrible outcome for me, and no doubt for anyone else in 14-16 that buys tickets for friends and family during the season (most people I would imagine). This isn't going to solve the problem one way or another.

... and yes I have also sent emails to the club to forward up the chain for whatever good it will do.

Specs.

letsallsingtogether

Would have been better closing block 14 TBF.
At the moment you are not allowed to to access nearly half of the cheaper seats.
Rumour has it they are all going to move to the opposite corner near the FZ.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned but why not split and people go into blocks 3 &4 etc and create an atmosphere on both sides of the away fans?

Grendel

Would have been better closing block 14 TBF.
At the moment you are not allowed to to access nearly half of the cheaper seats.
Rumour has it they are all going to move to the opposite corner near the FZ.

Better e mail wasps and complain then

letsallsingtogether

Better e mail wasps and complain then
Why I don't care got my season ticket ticket in 16.
Just making an observation like most on here.
I do know a couple of people who only come to some games and like to sit in the same seats that will probebly not bother now.

Never mind you can come on here and go on about how shit our fans are.

stay_up_skyblues

My season tickets were always in 15/16 and sung my bollcoks off and loved the atmosphere. Last season seemed to see a few more than your usual bellends comes out the woodwork home and away.

Simple....Sit/stand in your allocated seat. Don't crowd around the block to invade the pitch when finishing just inside the playoffs. Don't run on the pitch when scoring a goal. Don't throw flares on the pitch every time we score.

Basically don't act like twats and give the wanker stadium owners an excuse to be arseholes about it. No doubt they've been looking for an excuse and the behaviour last season played right into their hands.

Grendel

Why I don't care got my season ticket ticket in 16.
Just making an observation like most on here.
I do know a couple of people who only come to some games and like to sit in the same seats that will probebly not bother now.

Never mind you can come on here and go on about how shit our fans are.

I’m telling fans to complain to the organisation that’s causing the issue.

You can’t seem to bring yourself to do the same

italiahorse

The issue is the fans, the solution is not something the club can do themselves so others are now involved.
How would you get the fans to stay at their allocated seats?

letsallsingtogether

E mail not my style.

I've done my demonstrating leaving to others now.

P
U
S
B

Cranfield Sky Blue

Get this. We have the best seats in block 15. The number of times I have to “gently” persuade some pre-pubescent tits to get out off our seats is beyond belief. They sometimes start to disagree but one of us is 24 stone! (Not me!). Some games have been fucking stupid and not just last year. The prime one was when the fool with the drum randomly popped over to 15!!! Go to your seats... And no I’m not moving! I get why they want to be there but build your own atmosphere with old people like Otis and Grendel...

PS I’m old

letsallsingtogether

In other words.

I can't be arsed.

But I consider myself a hero anyway.

P
U
S
B

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Why am I a hero?
Can't be arsed is exactly right just like 99% of our fans just decided to join the Majority that's all, you should be welcoming me.
PUSB

chiefdave

The issue is the fans, the solution is not something the club can do themselves so others are now involved.
The reality is there isn't an issue. Not a safety one.

There may be fans that are annoyed that someone is in their seat and wants them moved, there may be more people in a few rows than there should be. That's not something for Wasps to get involved in.

There's no way you are going to convince me that equates to a genuine safety concern. The same thing happens at pretty much every away game.

Find me one supporter who has attended one of our games at the Ricoh and was in fear of their safety due to overcrowding.

Its an excuse for Wasps to create more trouble for the club. The supporters are, on the whole, complaining about the club not Wasps, saying they won't be able to go and / or bring others with them. So the club loses revenue and the bill from Wasps goes up again while people such as yourself, who claim to be our supporters, defend Wasps endlessly.

italiahorse

The reality is there isn't an issue. Not a safety one.

There may be fans that are annoyed that someone is in their seat and wants them moved, there may be more people in a few rows than there should be. That's not something for Wasps to get involved in.

There's no way you are going to convince me that equates to a genuine safety concern. The same thing happens at pretty much every away game.

Find me one supporter who has attended one of our games at the Ricoh and was in fear of their safety due to overcrowding.

Its an excuse for Wasps to create more trouble for the club. The supporters are, on the whole, complaining about the club not Wasps, saying they won't be able to go and / or bring others with them. So the club loses revenue and the bill from Wasps goes up again while people such as yourself, who claim to be our supporters, defend Wasps endlessly.

I thought it was the police that raised the issue.
As far as I am aware the relationship between Wasps and the CCFC management has been good ‘despite’ Sisu.
With no proof you make conspiracy statements about trouble for the club.
If they wanted CCFC out they would be gone long ago.
Just because I am not slagging Wasps off doesnt mean I’m defending them surely?

Nick

Administrator
Just because I am not slagging Wasps off doesnt mean I’m defending them surely?

No, you are defending them because you only post on here in reply when somebody says something about them. A simple look at your post history shows you are defending Wasps.

You post on here about how we should let the club die so they can save us.

I struggle to believe somebody is really as thick as you come across.

Here's a question, who is it who they are asking permission from to be able to sell tickets in the block?

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Tbf I also heard it was a request from the police also they have had problems with fans pissing on the terraces aswell as the smoke bombs etc.

Not sure how true all this is but that is what is doing the rounds.

italiahorse

Here's a question, who is it who they are asking permission from to be able to sell tickets in the block?

CCFC couldn’t sort it and rather than close the offending block the safety committee restricted it.

It’s easy to blame the ones trying to sort it.

What do you suggest from your ivory tower? Grendel couldn’t answer it so let’s see if you can.

Nick

Administrator
CCFC couldn’t sort it and rather than close the offending block the safety committee restricted it.

It’s easy to blame the ones trying to sort it.

What do you suggest from your ivory tower? Grendel couldn’t answer it so let’s see if you can.

What do you mean CCFC couldn't sort it? Who was in charge of stadium safety and stewarding when it happened?

I suggest that:

a. Fans dont act like dicks
b. Fans realise that when they do act like dicks they are giving people outside of CCFC ammo to be dicks also because they get no backlash from it
c. People realise it is outside of the clubs hands

italiahorse

What do you mean CCFC couldn't sort it? Who was in charge of stadium safety and stewarding when it happened?

I suggest that:

a. Fans dont act like dicks
b. Fans realise that when they do act like dicks they are giving people outside of CCFC ammo to be dicks also because they get no backlash from it
c. People realise it is outside of the clubs hands
Great, so that’s sorted. No need for police or stewards from now on.

Fans will always act like dicks so how would you realistic sort?
I’ll give you a clue. They will need to be told at the match and it will need to be Wasps stewards who do it.
I suggest season tickets continue to sold there but not cash or single tickets unless bought by the season ticket holder.
I suggest the occasional friends and family that come move elsewhere for that match.

Nick

Administrator
Great, so that’s sorted. No need for police or stewards from now on.

Fans will always act like dicks so how would you realistic sort?
I’ll give you a clue. They will need to be told at the match and it will need to be Wasps stewards who do it.
I suggest season tickets continue to sold there but not cash or single tickets unless bought by the season ticket holder.
I suggest the occasional friends and family that come move elsewhere for that match.

So what is it that CCFC couldn't sort then? Surely it is Wasps who couldn't sort it when it happened hence this is happening?

Users who are viewing this thread