Blocks 14 to 16 (1 Viewer)

Jonny

Imagine that. I'm not buying a season ticket due to being at uni for most of the year, but Block 14 is where all my friends sit. Pointless me coming to games if I can't sit with them!

Nick

Administrator
Shambles. Maybe get the stewards to do their jobs rather than penalising the fans. Going to have to have to sit with the boring old farts in the middle now!

Yeah because last season when people there were asked to move multiple times they all did, didn't they?

Safety Advisory Group....

Cavan O'Doherty

Doesn't really make much difference though does it?

It's people ruining it for everybody else, I lost count the amount of times it came across the tannoy to move into seats away from the steps in the last few games.
I’m sure a better solution could’ve been found. Closing the only blocks with an atmosphere sounds like a very silly decision to me. It’s going to be even more of a library this season.

Nick

Administrator
I’m sure a better solution could’ve been found. Closing the only blocks with an atmosphere sounds like a very silly decision to me. It’s going to be even more of a library this season.

They aren't closed.

It isn't CCFC who do the stewarding remember.

If people didn't think it was fine to put 3 to a seat in those games and then ignore the requests to move then I doubt there would have been an issue.

Cavan O'Doherty

They aren't closed.

It isn't CCFC who do the stewarding remember.

If people didn't think it was fine to put 3 to a seat in those games and then ignore the requests to move then I doubt there would have been an issue.
You knew what I meant. The stewarding at the Ricoh has always been very poor and now fans such as myself are getting penalised for it. Not on.

Garryb80

Fairly certain if they didn't do this they wouldn't get a safety certificate. Its fans own faults for not adhering to constant requests to move and stewards not checking tickets. Though whenever they do try to take action they are generally ganged up and probably just give up

Nick

Administrator
You knew what I meant. The stewarding at the Ricoh has always been very poor and now fans such as myself are getting penalised for it. Not on.

Why is it fans themselves are always blameless? Pair that up with giving ammo to people who do control stewarding and give out the safety certificates.

Stewarding can't really be blamed can it? Especially when the last game of the season there were so many requests for people to go back to their seats.

Should the stewards go in and start demanding people move to then make it kick off? Pretty sure there would be threads on here about heavy handed stewarding then.

Modcons86

Doesn't matter to me personally but i think it's a stupid decision, like previously mentioned if people have mates in that block with season tickets but only go a handful of games then they have to sit in separate blocks? 'Police' it right and you'd have no trouble.. I can never remember anyone checking my ticket inside the ground regarding being in the right block etc.

Cavan O'Doherty

Why is it fans themselves are always blameless? Pair that up with giving ammo to people who do control stewarding and give out the safety certificates.

Stewarding can't really be blamed can it? Especially when the last game of the season there were so many requests for people to go back to their seats.

Should the stewards go in and start demanding people move to then make it kick off? Pretty sure there would be threads on here about heavy handed stewarding then.
I know what you’re saying, but i’m sure there are a minority who are like this whereas the majority buy tickets in these areas for the atmosphere. I would say that it’s a mixture of organisation and fan ignorance.

Nick

Administrator
I know what you’re saying, but i’m sure there are a minority who are like this whereas the majority buy tickets in these areas for the atmosphere. I would say that it’s a mixture of organisation and fan ignorance.

Yep and both are out of the club's hands aren't they.

People are saying "They should have checked tickets" as if that's going to stop people from going in there. The same as when they asked people to move nobody did.

Jonny

Yeah because last season when people there were asked to move multiple times they all did, didn't they?

Safety Advisory Group....

Come on now Nick mate, if you're gonna quote my tweet at least quote my other ones too.

It's a very simple solution to a problem they've created themselves. Make sure the stewards are strict with checking tickets. If you don't have one for one of those blocks, off you go. You can't overcrowd if there is the right amount of tickets sold! Other than that, any other arguments about the amount of stewarding needed can be rectified. All they need to do is allow the tickets to be sold, which in turn can pay for the extra stewards required to keep it safe.

What the club are basically saying is that we're the rowdiest and most raucous sets of fans in the country. Everyone else can seem to put up with their fans, so what's the issue here preventing Cov from doing the same? It's poor management that will alienate fans like myself. I was planning on coming to the games whenever I'm home from uni, but no longer.

Nick

Administrator
Come on now Nick mate, if you're gonna quote my tweet at least quote my other ones too.

It's a very simple solution to a problem they've created themselves. Make sure the stewards are strict with checking tickets. If you don't have one for one of those blocks, off you go. You can't overcrowd if there is the right amount of tickets sold! Other than that, any other arguments about the amount of stewarding needed can be rectified. All they need to do is allow the tickets to be sold, which in turn can pay for the extra stewards required to keep it safe.

What the club are basically saying is that we're the rowdiest and most raucous sets of fans in the country. Everyone else can seem to put up with their fans, so what's the issue here preventing Cov from doing the same? It's poor management that will alienate fans like myself. I was planning on coming to the games whenever I'm home from uni, but no longer.

I just posted up CCFC's explanation.

You can't overcrowd if there is the right amount of tickets sold!

Pretty sure they didn't oversell the tickets, it was obviously people going in who weren't meant to.

It isn't the club preventing it, as they have said in the reply to you.

The last few games people were asked to move multiple times through the games as it was overcrowded and how many did?

Frank Sidebottom

Looking at it, those blocks are sold out aren't they?

View attachment 10157
Says in the article they're not selling anymore season tickets in 14-16.... can't see why 17 is blocked out though, I usually sit there when I make it down so hope it's not closed for Matchday sales. Can't see it stopping the problem either as if there's 3 to 1 seat then clearly tickets have been purchased in other blocks and they've just move over there.... Would make more sense to move the netting to block 11 but not sell tickets in 12 and 13.

Nick

Administrator
Says in the article they're not selling anymore season tickets in 14-16.... can't see why 17 is blocked out though, I usually sit there when I make it down so hope it's not closed for Matchday sales. Can't see it stopping the problem either as if there's 3 to 1 seat then clearly tickets have been purchased in other blocks and they've just move over there.... Would make more sense to move the netting to block 11 but not sell tickets in 12 and 13.

Will be interesting to see how many are sold there at the start of the season.

bradwellskyblues

block 17 was the block with most season tickets sold so guess they decided to close it off, i view on situation is the club have probably been told to sort out the problem or they ( ACL and Police ) will shut them completely it does seem a bit of an over reaction but maybe poeople should of taken more notice at the games concerned.
The best long term answer is safe standing behind one of the ends

Nick

Administrator
It says in the article that the club have agreed not to sell anymore season tickets in those blocks so I thinks that’s why those blocks are ‘greyed’ out.

Ah that's why then.

In reality it's one of those things where fans think they can't be blamed for anything, if everybody just sat in their own seats there wouldn't be this issue. Can't really blame the stewards for that, even if they checked tickets people would moan about how it was pointless and people who weren't meant to sit there would sneak over anyway if they really wanted to.

pusbccfc

There will be overcrowding in block 17 now.

Poor decision from the powers of be. You're now going to get hundreds/thousands of people moving over there sitting in their wrong seats. That's far worse than anything last season.

Users who are viewing this thread