Blocks 14 to 16 (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

It isnt. The shrewsbury guy i saw interviewed said its 1 per seat
It depends what system is used.
Knowing our health and safety it will be one per seat.
Borussia Mönchengladbach stadium has a capacity of 54000 with 16000 standing. When converted to seats for European games the capacity drops to 46000. In that respect it is 2 per seat but I saw somewhere the average in Germany where many stadiums are converted is 3 people 2 seats.
Borussia-Park - Wikipedia
https://www.fercoseating.com/assets/shop/products/downloads/railseat1datasheet_may2018.pdf

Last edited:

pusbccfc

For crowds over 9000 I assume they will now have to start opening blocks in the telegraph?

italiahorse

For crowds over 9000 I assume they will now have to start opening blocks in the telegraph?
The back of the Higgs stand would be the best place in my view for standing area. But it does need to be open and that’s crowd dependant at the moment.
Get back where we should be (in the Championship) and it becomes a possibility.
You do hit the he next problem when you get there though (in the UK) that stadiums in the top 2 divisions need to be all seater. But the discussion has started on that I believe.

clint van damme

Realistically thats the only way they'll stop people getting into the blocks. Can you imagne the trouble that will cause?

they used to do it. I complained about it. Getting my ST checked 4 or 5 times during a game. Made me feel like a criminal it was ridiculous. Think it was during our championship days.

hill83

Can I go full tin foil hat and say it’s been done to goad our fans into causing trouble and the first rung on the ladder to fucking us off out of the Ricoh for good?
Don’t take the bait, be good boys and girls and sit in your proper seat.

Nick

Administrator
they used to do it. I complained about it. Getting my ST checked 4 or 5 times during a game. Made me feel like a criminal it was ridiculous. Think it was during our championship days.

That's the thing, people went mad when they got their tickets checked at various stages of getting to their seat.

I've got no issues with it personally.

shmmeee

This thread is confusing. Is the the Safety Board or Wasps that have made the decision?

fernandopartridge

The response from the club seems a bit extreme, unless that proposal is one put forward by the SAG which they must implement.

That said, I see the usual dickheads are on Twitter reasserting that they're NOPM. The leader of the Jimmy Hill Way being one of them.

Nick

Administrator
The response from the club seems a bit extreme, unless that proposal is one put forward by the SAG which they must implement.

That said, I see the usual dickheads are on Twitter reasserting that they're NOPM. The leader of the Jimmy Hill Way being one of them.

Has he piped up again?

Edit: What a bellend.

CovInEssex

This is gonna kill the half-decent atmosphere that’s organically grown since we moved in the Ricoh.

No other club in the country restrict where people who pay on the day can sit.

CovInEssex

People who pay on the day are generally more excitable for it as well, they wanna get drunk, lose their voice, etc compared to season tickets holders who in general can feel obligated to go to some games.

I know the lads in the corner will give it a good go, but atmosphere is contagious and I really do think this will be a disaster for those of us who like to sing and get behind the team.

Oh and I’d implore anyone to actually go and sit in the corner instead of cranking your neck at them from the halfway line and calling them chavs. There’s people from every walk of life there, young and old who encourage the boys on the field a lot more than the rest of the stadium.

CCFC88

Can't see much changing, there was overcrowding due to people having tickets for different blocks sitting there, that will continue by either stewards not checking as you go up or moving over from the block the ticket was bought for.

Sounds like something the club have been told they have to impose but it wont actually make much difference on a match day

ceetee

This is gonna kill the half-decent atmosphere that’s organically grown since we moved in the Ricoh.

If they were sitting it wouldn't be a problem but if they are standing in the gangways because of overcrowding it is a problem. Remember Hillsborough;that's why safety people are sensitive

CovInEssex

If they were sitting it wouldn't be a problem but if they are standing in the gangways because of overcrowding it is a problem. Remember Hillsborough;that's why safety people are sensitive

So why don’t stewards actually, you know, steward.

Nick

Administrator

I keep hearing this but in reality during the last games what were they meant to do? They put out things over the tannoy for people to move every few minutes and it was returned with sarcastic cheers.

Imagine if the stewards went in and started actually dragging people out as that would have been the only way.

Nick

Administrator
Who's responsible?

I don't think there is really a way of policing each block unless they have something to separate them. I could buy a ticket for block 25 and walk to the top and go along the seats to get to block 15.

Are they going to have stewards along block 17?

Still, at what point do people have to take responsibility for their own actions or acknowledge other fans behaviour? All it does is mean stewarding will increase and piss off fans who don't ever cause any trouble and increase the costs to CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair they need to sort the tannoy out, I did't have a clue what was being said over it at all last season.

It seemed to be a different one, it wasn't the one that the presenters talk through. It was a safety one with the bings at the start which strangely always sounds clearer. (not sure if they hold the mic properly).

Liquid Gold

It seemed to be a different one, it wasn't the one that the presenters talk through. It was a safety one with the bings at the start which strangely always sounds clearer. (not sure if they hold the mic properly).
I was stood where it was crowded and nobody around me had a clue what they were saying.

Covstu

Have you seen the way the stewards are treated? I seen some bloke come up with two beers, was stopped and he just ignored and pushed passed. The steward then basically gave up and let it slide!

mark82

It won't necessarily kill the atmosphere, it could improve it by moving those who want to sing to other areas. It's disappointing but if people sat where they were supposed to in the first place this wouldn't have happened.

I wish people would stop blaming the club for this. They're guilty of many things but blaming them for something out of their hands is lunacy.

CovInEssex

It won't necessarily kill the atmosphere, it could improve it by moving those who want to sing to other areas. It's disappointing but if people sat where they were supposed to in the first place this wouldn't have happened.

I wish people would stop blaming the club for this. They're guilty of many things but blaming them for something out of their hands is lunacy.

Since you quoted me I assume you're saying I'm blaming the club? Which indeed I am not. Stewarding needs to be tighter, people will learn.

Spreading 'singers' out doesn't mean atmosphere will improve, quite the opposite.

italiahorse

The problem is they don’t sit and obviously others come into the same area and stand with them.
I would guess stewards and police have previously tried to sort and it hasn’t worked so now it needs to be forced.

mark82

Since you quoted me I assume you're saying I'm blaming the club? Which indeed I am not. Stewarding needs to be tighter, people will learn.

Spreading 'singers' out doesn't mean atmosphere will improve, quite the opposite.

All I'm saying is it doesn't necessarily kill the atmosphere. Those that want to be involved will stay as close as they can and it may draw others in. Overcrowding isn't what creates an atmosphere. I suspect those stands will still be pretty full.

Wasn't necessarily aiming the bit about blaming the club at you, more a general comment, but your post did seem like a dig at the club with the way it was worded (although nothing like some I have seen).

pipkin73

Only read the first page of this thread so far, but even anyone wanting to buy an ST in either block 14, 15, 16 and 17, they are all grey as sold out?

If that's the case why are people even moaning if we're sold out there.
From what I've read they are not sold out, the club just won't sell any more tickets in those blocks due to health and safety, police etc..

Nick

Administrator
Think Boddy has made it even more obvious how much it is out of control of the club. Reads as if they are going to go back and beg Wasps and the Safety Committee / Police to be able to have more leeway.

As said before, one of the alternatives was closing Block 14 entirely which we said that we did not wish to do – this was the next option to us.

There are certain aspects of the feedback, such as Season Ticket renewals and Season Ticket holders wanting to buy tickets for friends/family, which we will ask is reviewed with immediate effect and we hope we will be allowed to be flexible with our supporters on this requirement.

At least he put that statement out to make it even more clear.

Users who are viewing this thread