Blackpool Away 12 March (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
Just wondered if there was much interest in this game? I am looking at making a weekend of it, be great if we descended on mass.

Suppose it depends on whether or not we can get back to winning ways!!

Kingokings204

Yes if we are winning again come that game then we will take over the ground if we keep losing we will still take a few but not as many such is football.

I want to go as its still left on my 92 list. Think most will make the piss up and weekend of it as its just natural. Almost a 3 hour drive tbf.

smileycov

Facebook User
I'm travelling from Lincoln this days, so pretty shite wherever we play lol. Taking the mrs on her first Cov game, she's dirty Leeds so want us to put on a show!!

Lecko

Load of us booked our hotels last year for this, just 90 minutes of football in the way of a weekend on the piss really

Hobo

I hate Blackpool as a place. It just depresses me. I would rather get in and out with a quick fix of football...with whatever that might bring.

rupert_bear

For those interested March is traditional half price month at the Pleasure Beach and Tower etc so good time to take family for a weekend

Brylowes

Doing this one with the wife. Spending the weekend in Liverpool : fantastic City (much better than B'pool

bringbackrattles

I went a few years back and it was a Bank Holiday weekend.Got there early on the coach,in fact far too early as most of us were well tanked up by kick off time.City were crap think we lost 3-0, so much so that a few of us decided to come back home instead of staying over. I've been to Blackpool so many times that if I go to this match I'll probably come straight back.

Brylowes

Agree with that 100%. Go to Lark Lane for food, restaurants there are great and loads of choice.
Liverpool's really got it going on, we're back up there in April for Aintree and then later in year for international Beatles
week. It always amazes us how many people slag it off without ever having visited.

fernandopartridge

Liverpool's really got it going on, we're back up there in April for Aintree and then later in year for international Beatles
week. It always amazes us how many people slag it off without ever having visited.

It is a great city, fantastic for a booze but some good restaurants, sites, shopping etc.

Steve.B50

Hotel booked for the weekend, not a great place but if you get a decent hotel and find the right places it can be fun.

westofrayne

Doing this one with the wife. Spending the weekend in Liverpool : fantastic City (much better than B'pool

Yep, spent quite a few happy nights out up there, girls have a rip cord in their nickers, if they every bother wearing them! :claping hands:

westofrayne

looking like my first visit for over 30 years, hope the beers still as cheap.

Looking like we will be up there on Friday night only as have to get back down to Essex for first thing Sunday morning.

Astute

Will be there if not at work. Only about 2 hours away for me. Bit of a shit hole but decent night out. Normally bump into a hen night or few at weekends.

smileycov

Facebook User
Hotel booked for the weekend, not a great place but if you get a decent hotel and find the right places it can be fun.

Any recommendations on Hotels? If I'm putting her through the torment of watching the city, I at least better get the hotel right!!

pusbccfc

People still think Blackpool is this brilliant place for a piss up. It really isn't, it is a shite hole!

wince

Any recommendations on Hotels? If I'm putting her through the torment of watching the city, I at least better get the hotel right!!
Claremont are doing an all inclusive weekend (Friday Monday) all your drink till midnight , breakfast , and two evening meals , and great entertainment , comedians and cabaret, couples and family's only , works out about £60 a day each , but its great value , food and entertainment excellent , just up from the north pier

CovisGod

4 of us going Friday to Sunday, hotel booked. Just so happens to be the same weekend as my 30th birthday :)

Would be well up for a meet up with fellow Cov fans while we're there

Skyblueweeman

The Hilton is probably the pick of a bad bunch. I've heard it's getting its bedrooms refurbished as we speak so might be worth a shout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yep....I'll be in Blackpool.....but like others have said, I find the place depressing & will be in & out.

I'm loving the northern-centric flavour League 1 this year......another reasonably local away game for me....

Also glad to see several of you appreciating my adopted home city of Liverpool........it is the best night out in England......no doubt about it.

Brylowes

Yep....I'll be in Blackpool.....but like others have said, I find the place depressing & will be in & out.

I'm loving the northern-centric flavour League 1 this year......another reasonably local away game for me....

Also glad to see several of you appreciating my adopted home city of Liverpool........it is the best night out in England......no doubt about it.
Love it m8 . Been going since 06 The pubs & restaurants are great-got a soft spot for The Peter Kavernar in Toxteth great little pub.

Users who are viewing this thread