Blackburn and Mowbray (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Most of his promotions were between 1986 and 1996 though, he's a managerial dinosaur.

The game has moved on.

Since Robins went into management he has as many promotions as Warnock.

eh? His had 3 promotions hadn’t he since 2005 I think and the last about 4 years ago

the games moved on in 4 years?

PVA

eh? His had 3 promotions hadn’t he since 2005 I think and the last about 4 years ago

the games moved on in 4 years?

Yes he had 5 promotions from 86 to 96, and 3 from 96 to 22.

3 promotions in 26 years is not incredible.

Or if you think it is then you must think that Robins is God-like.

Grendel

Yes he had 5 promotions from 86 to 96, and 3 from 96 to 22.

3 promotions in 26 years is not incredible.

Or if you think it is then you must think that Robins is God-like.

he had 3 promotions from 2005 to 2018 all from the championship to tbe premier league.

he holds the most promotions of all time in English football doesnt he?

PVA

he had 3 promotions from 2005 to 2018 all from the championship to tbe premier league.

he holds the most promotions of all time in English football doesnt he?

You're conveniently ignoring the 9 years from 1996 to 2005 and 4 years from 2018 to 2022 without one. If you play it that way, then Robins had 2 promotions from 2017 to 2019. What a record that is!

Yes he has the record, my point is the majority of those were 25-35 years ago, hence why I said he's a dinosaur. 35 years is a long, long, long time ago.

Grendel

You're conveniently ignoring the 9 years from 1996 to 2005 and 4 years from 2018 to 2022 without one. If you play it that way, then Robins had 2 promotions from 2017 to 2019. What a record that is!

Yes he has the record, my point is the majority of those were 25-35 years ago, hence why I said he's a dinosaur. 35 years is a long, long, long time ago.

2018 isn’t 35 years ago

3 promotions this century into the Premier League is a lot harder than 6th in league 2

If you like him or not he’s been a superb manager over the years and would have been a far better choice than Coleman when Ranson took over. He’s a winner at championship level and at that time was in a relative ascendency

it’s not even a debate

Grendel

Warnock was a fantastic manager, one of the best ever at this level, but the game has now moved on & he was completely left behind in recent years. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Which was my point and it’s a frustration we never tried to get him here when we were just moving to the Arena

PVA

2018 isn’t 35 years ago

3 promotions this century into the Premier League is a lot harder than 6th in league 2

If you like him or not he’s been a superb manager over the years and would have been a far better choice than Coleman when Ranson took over. He’s a winner at championship level and at that time was in a relative ascendency

it’s not even a debate

I never compared him to Coleman and Coleman is shit so I'm not sure what your point is there.

3 promotions in 26 years is not incredible and as I say he's completely behind the times now.

PVA

Warnock was a fantastic manager, one of the best ever at this level, but the game has now moved on & he was completely left behind in recent years. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Exactly, I don't know why that was so hard to grasp!

Frostie

Which was my point and it’s a frustration we never tried to get him here when we were just moving to the Arena

Yeah, Coleman (and Ranson's) tenure was utterly disastrous & I wonder how much of that has played into the way Sisu are now.
On paper they were investing in a reasonable model (on the playing side not off the field) but they trusted the wrong people to deliver it.

Grendel

I never compared him to Coleman and Coleman is shit so I'm not sure what your point is there.

3 promotions in 26 years is not incredible and as I say he's completely behind the times now.

my point was in the original post he’d have been a perfect appointment instead of Coleman and at that time was very successful

Do you agree?

Grendel

Yeah, Coleman (and Ranson's) tenure was utterly disastrous & I wonder how much of that has played into the way Sisu are now.
On paper they were investing in a reasonable model (on the playing side not off the field) but they trusted the wrong people to deliver it.

Ramson was a snake. He used to spend a fair bit of time wining and dining round Surrey with Coleman, Keane and thorn.

His Prozone business was never the great data entity he claimed - he charged Wonga interest rates on takeover paid himself a fortune and employed his chums.

I mention Warnock as he once said he could have got him in but chose Coleman as he plays football the way he likes.

Ok Ray

PVA

my point was in the original post he’d have been a perfect appointment instead of Coleman and at that time was very successful

Do you agree?

He would have been better than Coleman yes. But that was 14 years ago.

The discussion was about managers past their best that keep getting jobs. The fact you're bringing up a potential appointment from 14 years ago as a plus point just proves my point.

Who would you rather have in charge right now - Warnock or Robins?

Grendel

Exactly, I don't know why that was so hard to grasp!

So you agree he was a brilliant championship manager on top of his game 15 years ago

ok that’s cool

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

Grendel

He would have been better than Coleman yes. But that was 14 years ago.

The discussion was about managers past their best that keep getting jobs. The fact you're bringing up a potential appointment from 14 years ago as a plus point just proves my point.

The job before middlesborough even at 70 years old he achieved promotion

Fact yes?

Grendel

Right now, Warnock or Robins?

Warnock is 73 and like I’ve said in his last job got a promotion

Why you get so agitated I have no idea. Robins is irrelevant to the subject - you mentioned warnock in tbe same breath as younger journeymen managers.

Robins will never achieve his number of promotions as oddly no one else has. Oddly also if he did and he was 70 you’d be saying the game has passed him by and he’s a dinosaur

He won a promotion 5 years ago and he’s not on a managerial merry go round. He lives In Cornwall but clubs keep asking him to be their manager

PVA

You can't answer the question. Or rather, you're too embarrassed to.

How's Kenny Jackett getting on these days?

Jackett or Robins? Can you answer that one?

Grendel

You can't answer the question. Or rather, you're too embarrassed to.

How's Kenny Jackett getting on these days?

Jackett or Robins? Can you answer that one?

Your debating ability and power of intellect leaves me floored - I’m sure no one agrees with my points and as ever all bow down to the Forum Guru

Grendel

Won't answer that one either then.

Imagine actually wanting Kenny Jackett instead of Mark Robins 😂

I’m bowing down - I’m waiving the white flag - why are you kicking me while I’m down

Forgive me - I won’t challenge your superior knowledge on this topic again

Evo1883

Warnock spent over 12 million pounds on transfers during cardiffs promotion season of 17/18

Otis

I couldn't stand him, but Warnock was a very good manager. Obviously his prowess waned over the last few years, but we would have been in a much better position had we employed him around the time of Coleman et al

Evo1883

QPR had a wage bill over over 27 million in 2010 /11 when warnock took them up , signing players like taraabt .

27 Mill over a decade ago

Point being warnock has had the tools more often than not to do the job

Grendel

QPR had a wage bill over over 27 million in 2010 /11 when warnock took them up , signing players like taraabt .

27 Mill over a decade ago

Point being warnock has had the tools more often than not to do the job

he still did the job - our wage bill in sure was huge when Sisu took over

Grendel

Well ofcourse , but it was made alot easier , he had the resources .. I'd imagine we'd be close to promotion with a 12 million transfer fund and a 27 million wage bill

Birmingham have a huge wage bill. When McGinnity was in his death throes I’m sure our wage bill in 2006 was around that

Evo1883

Birmingham have a huge wage bill. When McGinnity was in his death throes I’m sure our wage bill in 2006 was around that

We are a club on the up not down, give Robins an extra 10 million transfer fund with an extra 10 plus mill wage fund , let's see what happens .. stop talking silly talk ..

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

We are a club on the up not down, give Robins an extra 10 million transfer fund with an extra 10 plus mill wage fund , let's see what happens .. stop talking silly talk ..

Well we may soon find out but it’s silly also to say he had a big budget then. Klopp has a huge budget so is that why Liverpool are where they are? So if Andy thorn took over with the huge budget they’d win the league?

if Russell slade managed QPR and not warnock is the result the same?

Evo1883

Well we may soon find out but it’s silly also to say he had a big budget then. Klopp has a huge budget so is that why Liverpool are where they are? So if Andy thorn took over with the huge budget they’d win the league?

if Russell slade managed QPR and not warnock is the result the same?

Warnock failed with multiple teams with big transfers paid and big wage bills ..

Hes not as remarkable as you suggest

Could warnock do what Robins has here ?

Users who are viewing this thread