Blackburn and Mowbray (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

Not doing bad are they, are the fans still clammering to get rid of Mowbray and Venkys I doubt it Interesting to see what there budget it is compared to ours, the owners have gave him time and it looks like it's paying off, hopefully something we can emulate ourselves!

fernandopartridge

Not doing bad are they, are the fans still clammering to get rid of Mowbray and Venkys I doubt it Interesting to see what there budget it is compared to ours, the owners have gave him time and it looks like it's paying off, hopefully something we can emulate ourselves!
They've got an excellent (Category 1) academy and he paid £8m for Brereton and £6m for Sam Gallagher. He's fortunate that the academy and Brereton are just now bearing fruit, I don't think it is part of his masterplan

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Him, Venus, and Waggot are (and these aren't my words) like the 3 horseman of the apocalypse. They seem to have a very high interest in selling the training ground for money. Sound familiar?

Some seriously dodgy shit going on with that entourage.

edgy

They've got an excellent (Category 1) academy and he paid £8m for Brereton and £6m for Sam Gallagher. He's fortunate that the academy and Brereton are just now bearing fruit, I don't think it is part of his masterplan

It's literally this.

We are a Brereton away from being a really decent side.

Skybluemichael

Him, Venus, and Waggot are (and these aren't my words) like the 3 horseman of the apocalypse. They seem to have a very high interest in selling the training ground for money. Sound familiar?

Some seriously dodgy shit going on with that entourage.
I don’t understand, it’s not theirs to sell and if it’s sold the club make the money how do those three benefit from it?

Bertola

If it's sold at a decent price, to a property development which they have interest in, then they'd benefit. I know that was the rumour around Ryton

Skybluemichael

If it's sold at a decent price, to a property development which they have interest in, then they'd benefit. I know that was the rumour around Ryton
But why would the do that? The owners pump in 6-8mil every 6 months they don’t need the what 4mil? for selling the training ground

Frostie

He's done a phenomenal job there imo. I know others don't agree.
They have a bottom 3rd wage bill & 2nd youngest squad in the league.

Skybluemichael

Someone will know more than me on this, but I am pretty sure said development company was owned by Waggot´s wife or something.
Yeah someone from Blackburn came on hear and said the same thing about Venus wife, then someone pointed out that the company closed years ago and his wife had died

Grendel

Someone will know more than me on this, but I am pretty sure said development company was owned by Waggot´s wife or something.

Some Blackburn fan claimed that it was as Venus and his wife had a property company but its a load of rubbish

edgy

Going into the Blackburn game Gyokeres was 3 ahead of him. His overall game remains decent but think it’s now 17 games without a goal

He was. And although I agree his overall game is good, he is getting chances everytime he plays.

17 without a goal is shocking though and not many other past players have survived that without serious questioning.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yeah someone from Blackburn came on hear and said the same thing about Venus wife, then someone pointed out that the company closed years ago and his wife had died

I have family that are Blackburn ST holders. In the last 6 months Blackburn Rovers sold their Brockhall training ground to a recently formed company belonging to the Venky’s with Mogga, Waggot and Venus all in favour of it. I can see why fans have questions about it. The first team now train at the academy, what gets built on the training ground?

On the other hand you could argue that combining First and Youth team training grounds has worked for Blackburn and they’re reaping the results on the pitch with players developing at an impressive rate.

I do agree with comments that we are one Brereton away from being a top team in this league. We are making an insane amount of chances and should be blowing teams away. In recent years, Blackburn have invested money when it matters - such as paying out £1.5 million on Armstrong and £7 million on Diaz which both look like amazing pieces of business based on league position and sell ons.

Grendel

I have family that are Blackburn ST holders. In the last 6 months Blackburn Rovers sold their Brockhall training ground to a recently formed company belonging to the Venky’s with Mogga, Waggot and Venus all in favour of it. I can see why fans have questions about it. The first team now train at the academy, what gets built on the training ground?

On the other hand you could argue that combining First and Youth team training grounds has worked for Blackburn and they’re reaping the results on the pitch with players developing at an impressive rate.

I do agree with comments that we are one Brereton away from being a top team in this league. We are making an insane amount of chances and should be blowing teams away. In recent years, Blackburn have invested money when it matters - such as paying out £1.5 million on Armstrong and £7 million on Diaz which both look like amazing pieces of business based on league position and sell ons.

The Venkys are much maligned but they have ploughed millions of their own personal fortune and have stuck with it and have clearly an actual interest in the football club. They were stupid and naive at the start but have learned fast.

Whatever people think of Waggott, venus and Mowbray its another former CCFC employee that tried to exploit and profit from the Venkys

fernandopartridge

He's done a phenomenal job there imo. I know others don't agree.
They have a bottom 3rd wage bill & 2nd youngest squad in the league.

It wasn't planned as far as I know, was it? He initially tried to spend his way and when the taps were turned off he was very fortunate to be able to fall on a crop of exceptional young players.

That said, I suppose he has to be given credit for getting the best out of Brereton and the way he's integrated some of the youngsters into the team.

fernandopartridge

He was. And although I agree his overall game is good, he is getting chances everytime he plays.

17 without a goal is shocking though and not many other past players have survived that without serious questioning.

Perhaps it's worth remembering Brereton's previous seasons when comparing with Gyokeres. He'd got 17 goals in 133 Championship appearances before the beginning of this season.

Skybluemichael

Well I didn’t know that but sounds like a way of getting round FFP

Frostie

I'm not so sure. I think it is more our final ball & shot selection that's lacking rather than missing lots of good opportunities.

I'll do some stats analysis on another thread rather than derail this one though.

SkyBlueMatt

It's literally this.

We are a Brereton away from being a really decent side.
Exactly, if Gyokeres had kept up his goal scoring form, we'd be where they are. Take Brereton out that side and they are midtable. Before this season he had scored about 4 goals over two years. Now he's scored 20 already.

He was 1000/1 to score 20 this season.

Just shows how difficult it is to find that consistent goal scorer.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Don't loads of ex footballers have property companies for their buy-to-lets?
I believe so it’s been said Robbie Fowler has over a 1000 rented out properties if correct a1000+ houses rented out at say £400 month each that’s what you call a nice little earner

Gynnsthetonic

At the risk of being controversial...who gives a flying fuck...this is a Cov forum
We're discussing whether or whether not a team in our division with smaller crowds than us with a similar budget are flying high above other teams with substantially more than some and hopefully something we can emulate, fair play to them!

Users who are viewing this thread