Transfer Rumour Billy Gilmour (4 Viewers)

stevefloyd

Be happy if Dave Gilmour came, he would be in tune with the team

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Don't necessarily see the ridicule this has received. Too many 'prospects' at top clubs waste too much time not playing competitive games. We are exactly the type of club a player like him should come to on loan. At present would he be guaranteed to play 20 games at any bottom half Premier League team? I'm not sure.

I think he would be getting that many starts at a lower level PL team personally.

lordy_87

Funny you should say that.
Been sitting on this for a couple of weeks myself. Same source for me as who told me about the Wolves keeper. Obviously a lot can change but now other people are talking about this, there may be an element of truth...wasn't even going to mention it through fear of ridicule!!
But who bloody knows.... apart from Robins!!

giphy.gif

Blind-Faith

I suppose the one definite thing in our favour is that if he is fit, he must surely play every game, gets 40 odd games under his belt and goes back to Chelsea and even better player??

better days

I completely believe we've made enquiries & it would be a hell of a coup.
Chelsea and/or the player may well get better offers but nothing ventured & all that.
We've actually had a relationship with Chelsea for a while
I heard Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus made a presentation at Stamford Bridge when they were here to try to persuade them to send Tammy Abraham and Kasey Palmer to us on loan
As we were in L1 we missed out as they went to Championship clubs instead
Abraham did well at Bristol City but Palmer hardly played at Huddersfield

junglej13

I heard Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus made a presentation at Stamford Bridge when they were here to try to persuade them to send Tammy Abraham and Kasey Palmer to us on loan
Hope they made a similar PowerPoint presentation to convince Newcastle to part with Jamie Sterry.

shepardo01

I've gone from thinking you're just a drinker in a pub with big ears for a rumour - to thinking you're maybe mates with an ex pro or have friends on the coaching staff. But, still getting pissed in a boozer, with big ears for a rumour. ;)
The Mowbray/Venus presentation stories are fairly well known I think.
The Abraham one was the beginning of the doomed season where rumour has it they did a few... but set bar far too high and missed out on pretty much everything they targeted.
Not sure they did them first time around with Armstrong, Kent et-al.
Or maybe it is just "people in the know" that know this type of thing... ;)

Greggs

The Mowbray/Venus presentation stories are fairly well known I think.
The Abraham one was the beginning of the doomed season where rumour has it they did a few... but set bar far too high and missed out on pretty much everything they targeted.
Not sure they did them first time around with Armstrong, Kent et-al.
Or maybe it is just "people in the know" that know this type of thing... ;)
I wasnt quoting you, you're 1000000% just a bullshit attention seeker ;) x

slowpoke

That was bad luck then Villa wouldn’t be where they are now but for Tammy Abrahams and his goals.

SeaSeeEffCee

Hope he’s on the bench on Friday so he can have a chat with Jordan Henderson about the best places to live in the Coventry area

shepardo01

I wasnt quoting you, you're 1000000% just a bullshit attention seeker ;) x
Why the animosity out of interest. Similar directed at me by you when I posted about Hamer. Wouldn't call contributing to threads with what I know as "bullshit attention" seeking.

Hadji's_Goatee

I don't know if this has been shared, but this is a great video production about Billy Gilmour by Chelsea – Seems a level headed guy with a great background / upbringing. If we pull this off, he would fit lovely into our team culture.

Happy_Martian

Have we signed him yet ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread