Transfer Rumour Billy Gilmour (20 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Just seen it’s come from that David Collins on Twitter, the one who had the spat with Jodie. Quite clearly made this up to try and get more traction on his shite podcast.

It’s not very believable, even if Chelsea were considering loaning him out to a Championship side we’d be way down the list.

Not to mention he’s probably on treble our highest earner

Saddlebrains

Just seen it’s come from that David Collins on Twitter, the one who had the spat with Jodie. Quite clearly made this up to try and get more traction on his shite podcast.

Interestingly i spoke to him earlier after getting the pelters on here and asked where he heard it.

If anything his source blows mine out of the water, but Interestingly its the exact same thing.

Like i say if it dont happen then fair enough

But what i will say is this

I don't see why it's so unbelievable? He's still very young, it'll be his first loan out, and he's not going to be a starter for Chelsea yet is he?

We're a Championship team with a respected manager with a track record of improving players.

He’s played 16 games of competitive football and got some phenomenal players ahead of him for Chelsea.

Kovacic, Kante, Havertz, Jorginho, Mount, Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson Odoi, Loftus Cheek, Conor Gallagher

Just because hes a fantastic talent doesnt mean we cant get near him. We did have the likes of Jordan Henderson and Patrick Van Aaanholt on loan in the past

slowpoke

It’s difficult for young stars such as players like Billy Gilmour he is at the age now where needs regular first team football unlikely to get that at Chelsea but I suspect on high wages for a reserve so he is unaffordable for many clubs, the other week there was a list of players on all the premier clubs and Chelsea had over 70 on their books a lot of whom loaned out all over the continent.

Ccfcisparks

Interestingly i spoke to him earlier after getting the pelters on here and asked where he heard it.

If anything his source blows mine out of the water, but Interestingly its the exact same thing.

Like i say if it dont happen then fair enough

But what i will say is this

I don't see why it's so unbelievable? He's still very young, it'll be his first loan out, and he's not going to be a starter for Chelsea yet is he?

We're a Championship team with a respected manager with a track record of improving players.

He’s played 16 games of competitive football and got some phenomenal players ahead of him for Chelsea.

Kovacic, Kante, Havertz, Jorginho, Mount, Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson Odoi, Loftus Cheek, Conor Gallagher

Just because hes a fantastic talent doesnt mean we cant get near him. We did have the likes of Jordan Henderson and Patrick Van Aaanholt on loan in the past
Yes because Pulisic and Hudson Odoi both play defensive midfield don’t they.

Saddlebrains

It’s difficult for young stars such as Nilly Gilmour he is at the age now where needs regular first team football unlikely to get that at Chelsea but I suspect on high wages for a reserve so he is unaffordable for many clubs, the other week there was a list of players on all the premier clubs and Chelsea had over 70 on their books a lot of whom loaned out all over the continent.

Chelsea see him as the next big thing. They would be paying the majority of the wage. Similar to how we got Matty James on loan

Ccfcisparks

Well how about an informed reply as to why you think hes the next messi and we dont have a sniff?
You literally said in your post above that he’s Chelsea’s next big thing, he’s at the Euros, he’s played in the Champions league for them, wanted by Premier League teams. If he signs for us I’ll eat my words. But he won’t.

SlowerThanPlatt

Our young loans last season were players who had performed well in League 1 and the second division of Germany, which shows our standing.

Saddlebrains

You literally said in your post above that he’s Chelsea’s next big thing, he’s at the Euros, he’s played in the Champions league for them, wanted by Premier League teams. If he signs for us I’ll eat my words. But he won’t.

Well we can leave it at that then thats fair enough. But as i say, talks have happened and if he's going anywhere on loan at the moment its here.

Watch the prick have a storming euros now and end up going dortmund or something

shepardo01

Same man who told me about the Ricoh deal 2 weeks beforehand, and numerous other things tbf.

Year long loan.

Obviously other clubs in for him as he's a fantastic talent, but we're a fair way down the line and are frontrunners (maybe the Viveash thing). One of these held up due to the euros.

If we pull it off that would be some statement of intent
Funny you should say that.
Been sitting on this for a couple of weeks myself. Same source for me as who told me about the Wolves keeper. Obviously a lot can change but now other people are talking about this, there may be an element of truth...wasn't even going to mention it through fear of ridicule!!
But who bloody knows.... apart from Robins!!

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

Been sitting on this for a couple of weeks myself. Same source for me as who told me about the Wolves keeper. Obviously a lot can change but now other people are talking about this, there may be an element of truth...wasn't even going to mention it through fear of ridicule!!

Careful you'll get torn a new one by the many naysayers

larry_david

Dunno why but I trust you as a potential knower of sources!

better days

@better days come on and help us all out would you? 😂
Haven't heard anything about this but wouldn't be surprised to see a lad like this being keen to come to us
We play the right way and give young players a chance
In the past few years several Chelsea youngsters have wasted loan periods at clubs in the upper echelon of the Championship where they hardly played

It’sabatch87

Haven't heard anything about this but wouldn't be surprised to see a lad like this being keen to come to us
We play the right way and give young players a chance
In the past few years several Chelsea youngsters have wasted loan periods at clubs in the upper echelon of the Championship where they hardly played
Cheers Mark👍😎👕

junglej13

Don't necessarily see the ridicule this has received. Too many 'prospects' at top clubs waste too much time not playing competitive games. We are exactly the type of club a player like him should come to on loan. At present would he be guaranteed to play 20 games at any bottom half Premier League team? I'm not sure.

Liquid Gold

Don't necessarily see the ridicule this has received. Too many 'prospects' at top clubs waste too much time not playing competitive games. We are exactly the type of club a player like him should come to on loan. At present would he be guaranteed to play 20 games at any bottom half Premier League team? I'm not sure.
Yeah totally possible we're going to sign this guy

1623795782572.png

skyblue025

I would think it is likely Gilmour will be loaned out somewhere could go to a low end premier club but Chelsea will want him playing most games and that is more likely below the Premier League, doubt it will be us but if it was from last year midfield who’s place would he take.

He would replace any of them. He's far better than anyone we have and arguably have had since relegation from the Prem.

skyblue1991

Are you sure you got the right Gilmour and its not this guy?
20032276c7bab8a97b652496090515dd.jpg

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

procdoc

Can’t believe people think we have a chance of signing him. I’d love it if we did and happy to eat humble pie if it did happen. It won’t though

Users who are viewing this thread