Big news tomorrow morning? Tuesday 20th September (1 Viewer)

hill83

You and a few others tried to rip me a new arse when I said that a couple of years ago... Or do you refuse to acknowledge that?... Remember the "Pack mentality?"

I love ripping you a new arse. It's not for your opinion though, it's when you are factually incorrect or balls something up. ;)
Saying that though are entitled to your opinion as much as I am entitled to question you on it.

Nick

Administrator
You and a few others tried to rip me a new arse when I said that a couple of years ago... Or do you refuse to acknowledge that?... Remember the "Pack mentality?"

You do realise I was being sarcastic, hence I put rounding in speech marks.

It was just more than 1 person disagreeing with me.

Kingokings204

Surely the telegraph would campaign for Wasps to stop messing about and let us play there for the sake of the football team (not the owners)?

Well who is to say that won't happen nearer the time.

As it stands the game is over for sisu. They have been left snookered and there is no where to run.

Nick

Administrator
Well who is to say that won't happen nearer the time.

As it stands the game is over for sisu. They have been left snookered and there is no where to run.

The thing is though, SISU aren't in trouble. CCFC are.

Is it only me who can see that?

While everybody gets excited over SISU being "snookered" or "being outdone", Seppalla will be sat in her multi million pound house. It isn't them is it?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Do you mean rondog? The bloke who just comes on to have digs at me? Or tim07 who I said has an agenda?

Plenty of people come on here and disagree with me. It is to be expected.

Maybe he just comes on when you say something daft and he wishes to counter your opinion? Look on the bright side, that makes it weeks since you've said something daft... ;-)

Sky Blue Kid

I love ripping you a new arse. It's not for your opinion though, it's when you are factually incorrect or balls something up. ;)
Saying that though are entitled to your opinion as much as I am entitled to question you on it.

Ahh! but I've learned how to counteract you now mate ;)

Moff

GMK used to be a great forum, but entered a downhill spiral to result in a handful of anti-council, anti-CET zealots who'd round on anyone with a contrary view. This forum's default position is now exactly the same.

I'm sure the CET's piece is in response to yet another board member leaving the club in a worse position than he found it. Yet the usual suspects decide its motivated more by a book launch or a desperate bid to increase circulation.

Yes, the CET - like any paper - is looking for readers. Yes, there's a book coming out. But his stance is - I'm sure - in response to the merry-go-round in our board continuing at a point when we're bottom on the league with zero tangible assets. Enough, really, is enough.

(I do understand I haven't posted on here a few weeks, and that makes my view inferior to that of some...)

Not like you to be childish. The usual suspects is the shittest most pathetic statement about either side on here and now you have jumped on the bandwagon.

The Telegraph article is good, if not a few years too late for my liking, but who are these usual suspects you talk about, as if everyone is slagging the Telegraph off? Nick has said his piece, many people disagreed, and they have taken him to task over it. In addition to this a few people have said it was an anti-climax, as from reading the first posts I think people were expecting some news, any news, as we are now at desperation levels, related to SISU getting out of town, and were disappointed it wasn't that and it was only a Telegraph piece, although a very good one.

Lets hope the Telgraph produce more pieces like this and keep the pressure on SISU.

Anyway your opinion counts for shit, you don't post on here often ;)

clint van damme

It's a shift in the Telegraphs stance, so from that point of view they are now aligned with 99% of the fans, surely that has to be good news unless of course you are one of the 1%.

Are you one of the 1% Nick, do you think this club is going places under SISU? Do you want SISU to remain at the club for a further decade?

have you ever met anyone who thinks the club is not going to pieces under SISU? I haven't.
I have met those who are worried about everything that is going on that is hurting the club, yes, it may be hurting SISU too, but ultimately, they will eventually fuck off, I'd like to still have a club to support when they're gone.
I'd also not like to swap one hedge fund with a history of uprooting clubs from their community for another one.

skybluetony176

CET are entitled to voice their opinion - don't really think anyone is questioning that.

It's more disappointing though that they didn't feel the need to voice their opinion on the Wasps purchase of Ricoh or the impending displacement of our academy.

Both of these decisions will have detrimental consequences long after SISU have disappeared.

You see. Even that's nonsense. Whether you meant it to or not I don't know but what you've said comes across to me is that because they didn't/don't report on Wasp how you would like it to be done they've somehow forfeited the right to report opinion on the management of CCFC.

What was said is an accurate opinion of the vast vast majority of CCFC fans if not all and rather than agreeing with it a number of posters on here want to make it somehow about Wasps distracting from the actual feelings of the fan base. I can't fathom why you would do that considering the content of the article myself.

trevelfarandwide

Wasps interested in buying us and rebranding us Coventry city stingers???
Micheal Byng is back???
Joe Dhinsa??

All of that is very possible, and very bum-clenchingly terrifying.

Joe Dhinsa...what a knob.

Kingokings204

The thing is though, SISU aren't in trouble. CCFC are.

Is it only me who can see that?

While everybody gets excited over SISU being "snookered" or "being outdone", Seppalla will be sat in her multi million pound house. It isn't them is it?

I get excited because I want sisu gone because I honestly see better times ahead and even if I'm wrong at least we have a chance with new owners as now we have no chance.

No you're right it doesn't hurt sisu and Joy but it's then we need to rid. Nothing we can do to hurt them and I don't want to hurt them personally I just want them out of my club and give someone else a chance.

My point about them being snookered is the game is up. They were always going to go one day but that day may be finally a lot closer than we thought and that's due to the pressure from all other parties. Make no mistake I don't like wasps or ccc but unfortunately we need these parties to help us atm and ideally I want to be in a position where we don't rely on wasps for a good rent deal but at the moment that's what we are stuck with.

Moff

What was said is an accurate opinion of the vast vast majority of CCFC fans if not all and rather than agreeing with it a number of posters on here want to make it somehow about Wasps distracting from the actual feelings of the fan base. I can't fathom why you would do that considering the content of the article myself.

Maybe some people dislike SISU, and also dislike Wasps, and feel the Telegraph should have been on at SISU to fuck off, and for Wasps not to get the Ricoh, so CCFC got new owners and the stadium.

Just a suggestion, don't shoot the messenger.

Nick

Administrator
I get excited because I want sisu gone because I honestly see better times ahead and even if I'm wrong at least we have a chance with new owners as now we have no chance.

No you're right it doesn't hurt sisu and Joy but it's then we need to rid. Nothing we can do to hurt them and I don't want to hurt them personally I just want them out of my club and give someone else a chance.

My point about them being snookered is the game is up. They were always going to go one day but that day may be finally a lot closer than we thought and that's due to the pressure from all other parties. Make no mistake I don't like wasps or ccc but unfortunately we need these parties to help us atm and ideally I want to be in a position where we don't rely on wasps for a good rent deal but at the moment that's what we are stuck with.

That's the thing, if the front page was "price naseem of kuwait" with billions is buying us or "we have mr jones who is going to do x and y and really bring the football club on" then I would be excited.

Does all of this "hurt the owners" make somebody want to buy us or help with it? I agree that I would much prefer they went and let somebody better take over. Is it as easy as just jumping up and down though and actually hurting CCFC?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe some people dislike SISU, and also dislike Wasps, and feel the Telegraph should have been on at SISU to fuck off, and for Wasps not to get the Ricoh, so CCFC got new owners and the stadium.

Perfect Scenario ;)

Kingokings204

That's the thing, if the front page was "price naseem of kuwait" with billions is buying us or "we have mr jones who is going to do x and y and really bring the football club on" then I would be excited.

Does all of this "hurt the owners" make somebody want to buy us or help with it? I agree that I would much prefer they went and let somebody better take over. Is it as easy as just jumping up and down though and actually hurting CCFC?

Well yes I see your point but it's obvious to me that wasps and ccc see ccfc and sisu as the same so by hurting ccfc they are hurting sisu in their eyes. Until a point where they have to go. Is it as simple as that as you say? Well we will know within 18 months.

fernandopartridge

I agree with the article. It is time for them to go. Yes, there are doubts over who covers the club's running costs but anything has got to be better than it merely being a vehicle to get SISU to the courts.

That said, I don't believe in boycotting, if anything, the fans need to show a prospective new owner that the club is something worth buying. At the minute, with gates of sub 9k any investor wouldn't look twice.

Nick

Administrator
Well yes I see your point but it's obvious to me that wasps and ccc see ccfc and sisu as the same so by hurting ccfc they are hurting sisu in their eyes. Until a point where they have to go. Is it as simple as that as you say? Well we will know within 18 months.

Like you say "in their eyes" and a lot of our fans eyes.

They really haven't got SISU in the corner, they have got CCFC there.

Nick

Administrator
I agree with the article. It is time for them to go. Yes, there are doubts over who covers the club's running costs but anything has got to be better than it merely being a vehicle to get SISU to the courts.

That said, I don't believe in boycotting, if anything, the fans need to show a prospective new owner that the club is something worth buying. At the minute, with gates of sub 9k any investor wouldn't look twice.

That's the thing, all it would do is put a new owner off in case they put millions in and people do the same to them.

They would need to be shown it is just about CCFC.

skybluetony176

But why bring Wasps up on a thread about an article in a local paper that accurately sums up the feelings of CCFC fans on the way the current owners have run the club? It's a separate subject surely? All it does is distract from the actual point of the article. Was that the point of mentioning wasps in the first place? It's hard to see what other effect it would have isn't it?

Sky Blue Kid

All bases covered, well done Moff.

torchomatic

Yes, that's right. I think it's good they've finally come out but there's also a feeling of frustration for me. Not a word on the Academy, Wasps, etc. It may not have made any difference in the end but they should at least have come out publically to back the Club.

Interesting that when people were asking the CT to get involved in a Save The Academy campaign the response was that was not for the paper to do it was down to fans, what makes this different?

ccfchoi87

The timing here is relevant. We are bottom of the league and the MD has jumped.

This article just ties in with everything else going on. Wasps refusing to talk to us about the Ricoh and us losing the academy.

My point is in the next year or so things are going to have to give. If wasps and other teams won't lend us their ground what the hell do sisu do? They are snookered. It's over.

The article ties in with Simons book. Hence why he's been piping up all of a sudden. Coincidence that they released that article a week before the book launch when they could have released it at any point in the last 5 years? I think not

peeler

That's the thing, all it would do is put a new owner off in case they put millions in and people do the same to them.

They would need to be shown it is just about CCFC.

I think it's pretty certain that when the new owners come in there will be a surge of interest (I'll start going again for one).

I'm sure anyone wishing to buy the club will not be put off by current gates, they'll hopefully understand the back story and see the potential.

Sky Blue Kid

You do realise I was being sarcastic, hence I put rounding in speech marks.

It was just more than 1 person disagreeing with me.

I think we all realised the sarcasm, but you definately disliked being "Rounded on" Welcome to the club.

peeler

I think it's pretty certain that when the new owners come in there will be a surge of interest (I'll start going again for one).

I'm sure anyone wishing to buy the club will not be put off by current gates, they'll hopefully understand the back story and see the potential.

Actually come to think about it, if they needed to fully understand the back story, they could buy Simon's book.

Moff

But why bring Wasps up on a thread about an article in a local paper that accurately sums up the feelings of CCFC fans on the way the current owners have run the club? It's a separate subject surely? All it does is distract from the actual point of the article. Was that the point of mentioning wasps in the first place? It's hard to see what other effect it would have isn't it?

I don't disagree Tony, its just the whole thing is a complete mess, and our anger and fear manifests itself differently. Some people raise the Wasps issue as they feel it is another hurdle that could affect our clubs future. Whether this is the thread to do it is I suppose down to personal feelings?

Personally I despise SISU and like everyone want them gone. I do fear for our future now though without access to the Ricoh, it should be our clubs stadium, not SISU's or Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
I think we all realised the sarcasm, but you definately disliked being "Rounded on" Welcome to the club.
As I said, I don't mind multiple people disagreeing with me. Don't you think I'm used to it?

Unless you mean people like tim07, in which case you really are missing something.

hill83

Just for the record... If you're not going to games...You're not paying any money to the Club. ;)

Bought a shirt and a hat for my son.

aug255i3ubmx.gif

Users who are viewing this thread