Big news tomorrow morning? Tuesday 20th September (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
So what are we supposed to do Nick, just carry on blindly stumbling on behind a club that
Has managed to stump itself at every opportunity. The CT (at last) has come out and nailed
It's colours to the mast, I like others feel sure something is going on behind the scenes, and
This is just another means of applying pressure to SISU, they must be running out places
Too hide.
Sometimes you have to be willing too endure more hardship before you start to emerge from
The other side, the club needs to completely Reboot itself in the hope it can trigger people's
Passion again. Surely this must be heading into the endgame, maybe administration followed
By relegation, if it means a fresh start free from SISU control, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

Why would the club go into Administration though? What would it gain and to who?

People have said where they flag was nailed for months if years as it was obvious.

olderskyblue

I got that reply when I asked Simon if the Telegraph could campaign to save the academy. Apparently its down to the fans not the paper to lead a campaign.

And the fans did, via the trust, and the telegraph backed the campaign didn't they?

oldfiver

So what are we supposed to do Nick, just carry on blindly stumbling on behind a club that
Has managed to stump itself at every opportunity. The CT (at last) has come out and nailed
It's colours to the mast, I like others feel sure something is going on behind the scenes, and
This is just another means of applying pressure to SISU, they must be running out places
Too hide.
Sometimes you have to be willing too endure more hardship before you start to emerge from
The other side, the club needs to completely Reboot itself in the hope it can trigger people's
Passion again. Surely this must be heading into the endgame, maybe administration followed
By relegation, if it means a fresh start free from SISU control, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

Surely we have known since WASPs arrived the "mast " was at the Ricoh?
CCFC or whatever it is called Ltd is no where near Administration

olderskyblue

So when the academy news came out, a fair few people were asking for some sort of campaign to help save the academy and were told it was down to the fans pretty much.

All of a sudden now the Telegraph editor is on overdrive trying to get backing from celebs on social media about SISU?

There is definitely a lot more to this in my opinion than just "getting on board with the fans".

People can shout "conspiracy" all they want as well ;)

FFS, leave Nick alone, he's got a book coming out soon he needs to promote about the conspiracy of CCC wasps Higgs and skybluekid vs SISU.... ;)

Actually, agree with Nick on most points. I said a long time a go there was a much bigger picture behind all the goings on, and it appears to be developing at quite a rate now....

CA leaving I think was an unexpected bonus in all these events, and clearly prompted this latest article by the CT.

ceetee

Yeh it's called 9 years of SISU ownership sending CCFC into an abyss. It's already happening.
We all know that and the CT have had most of that 9 years to say so.

The point, which does not detract from how bad SISU have been as owners, or excuse them in any way, is why now all of a sudden, but perhaps that's too subtle for some.

It feels like the CT are suddenly jumping onto an "I told you so" bandwagon

Brylowes

Why would the club go into Administration though? What would it gain and to who?

People have said where they flag was nailed for months if years as it was obvious.
Surely we have known since WASPs arrived the "mast " was at the Ricoh?
CCFC or whatever it is called Ltd is no where near Administration
I don't pretend to understand the dynamics of how these things work, but could SISU
Call in their debt and in doing so place the club into admin.
Allowing another party to purchase the club out of administration, paying 10p in the £
Or something, so SISU walk away with something and save face.
Look they and everyone knows they can never recoup the amount of debt they have
Managed to amass, and everyone knows they can't carry this on forever.
Promotions were their only hope, I think they now realise this is extremely unlikely,
They need and want an Exit IMHO, and will probably work with someone to achieve it.

Nick

Administrator
Since when did a newspapers opinion qualify as worthy front page 'News'???

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Since it was:

giphy.gif

Kingokings204

Wow this really seems to have momentum now. There is a planned boycott for one home game to make a statement on the back of this. Looks like being Rochdale at home.

People have taken to this campaign within half a day. There is something to this for sure.

Nick

Administrator
You really think it has taken half a day and hasn't been planned?

People were talking about it yesterday and the day before.... Again, there is more to it.

People Boycotted the west ham game.

It is as if people haven't clocked on about the meeting with the Football League and stuff about the academy.

No doubt plenty more scab talk to come then crying that SISU divide the fans like before.

Kingokings204

You really think it has taken half a day and hasn't been planned?

People were talking about it yesterday and the day before....

People Boycotted the west ham game.

Well it seems to have a lot of social media support and a lot of ST holders will be boycotting so no costs in the club money.

Let's face it Nick there isn't much going on in the ground is it? Would you join in for this one game by the JH statue as proposed Nick? I would

Last edited:

skyblueinBaku

There is a planned boycott for one home game to make a statement on the back of this. Looks like being Rochdale at home.
Got a link or something to the story? Living in Dorset, I never get to hear about this sort of thing.

skybluebeduff

Too many self righteous people who "support the team" will still turn up, despite thousands of others asking not to, for just 1 game to see how it would go.

Silly to name names but people already know who they are.

Moff

Too many self righteous people who "support the team" will still turn up, despite thousands of others asking not to, for just 1 game to see how it would go.

Silly to name names but people already know who they are.

Why be so divisive? everyone has a right to decide what to do themselves FFS. If you think that makes them self righteous well have a look at yourself making that sweeping statement in the first place.

I would boycott, but if people choose otherwise so be it, have some respect.

oldfiver

I don't pretend to understand the dynamics of how these things work, but could SISU
Call in their debt and in doing so place the club into admin.
Allowing another party to purchase the club out of administration, paying 10p in the £
Or something, so SISU walk away with something and save face.
Look they and everyone knows they can never recoup the amount of debt they have
Managed to amass, and everyone knows they can't carry this on forever.
Promotions were their only hope, I think they now realise this is extremely unlikely,
They need and want an Exit IMHO, and will probably work with someone to achieve it.

Why dont they just sell the shares for 10% and write off any debt - far simpler and cheaper.

Esoterica

Sixfields? Then you Sir are a true fan in my eyes. It made a big difference, if the gates there had been much higher they wouldn't of come back to the Ricoh.

Fan power can work if it used effectively.
I think they got wind of the Wasps deal and wanted back in sharpish in the hope of blocking it/fear of being cut out. I don't believe it had anything to do with the fans at all.

oldfiver

Just hope SISU isn't vindictive and liquidate the club. Not sure if the tax benefits of offsetting losses would benefit them. I just hope this impetus continues now.

Tax losses lol - does any one who uses that line have any idea what they talking about?!

ACL probably has more allowable tax losses to offset against WASPs

Nick

Administrator
I think they got wind of the Wasps deal and wanted back in sharpish in the hope of blocking it/fear of being cut out. I don't believe it had anything to do with the fans at all.

People think everything is co-incidence.

They suddenly noticed a couple of games in that nobody was going and rushed back straight away, rather than doing it in the preseason.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Sixfields? Then you Sir are a true fan in my eyes. It made a big difference, if the gates there had been much higher they wouldn't of come back to the Ricoh.

Fan power can work if it used effectively.
Our return was nothing to do with us fans either going to sixfields or not. It had everything to do with Wasps. City fans my friend are a complete irrelevance to all the parties concerned.

oldfiver

They were promised by the City of Coventry's most trusted leaders WASPs were not going to the Ricoh - so there was no rush for that
Mind you Putin makes similar statements to his citizens!

Users who are viewing this thread