Bidwell (2 Viewers)

PVA

Looking very solid.

Playing 46 games with such a busy schedule is going to be some ask though.

I really don't want to see Kane or Dabo at LWB again 🤢

rob9872

400 championship games in the prime of his career. Called it early on but some people like a figure to hate. Seems the pile on has moved to Allen or Godden now. Bidwell definitely up there for PotS so far.

Tbf whole defence is more solid. Doesn't have the attacking threat of a Maatsen from last season or the pace of JCS and we're arguably less balanced with the left footers, but we never kept back to back clean sheets let alone 3 on the spin. 3.5 since Rose went off injured at Luton 2nil down. Was he the problem? Is it a case of Dom who? Really cant wait to have this team with Hamer and O'Hare available too.

rob9872

I was so pissed off with him after Swansea away last year but I said it was a clean slate this year and he’s really proving his worth.

solid as fuck down that side
Tbf we were collectively shite that day and let that supposed Cov fan open us up again!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Hé was poor last season, but has been absolute class this year. Maybe needed a proper preseason behind him?

He wasn’t poor, he just wasn’t Marcelo like some fans wanted him to be. We have a horrendous record of saying players are shit who are far from it. I think we expect too much of most players who join us. A lot of the time last season he was absolutely fine/solid and people saying he was shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

He wasn’t poor, he just wasn’t Marcelo like some fans wanted him to be. We have a horrendous record of saying players are shit who are far from it. I think we expect too much of most players who join us. A lot of the time last season he was absolutely fine/solid and people saying he was shit.

99.9% agree on new signings being written off.
Exception - Kevin Kyle

slowpoke

Fanky will be ok. Positioning still a bit suspect but he's getting back to it slowly.
Hate to say but not sure about that, his distribution is woeful at times but I agree he was better last night let’s hope that improvement continues because an in-form Dabo is a massive attacking threat for us.

Kilclines curly mullet

Hate to say but not sure about that, his distribution is woeful at times but I agree he was better last night let’s hope that improvement continues because an in-form Dabo is a massive attacking threat for us.
Not quite sure about Dabo being a massive attacking threat.
No goals and probably single figure assists ( off the top my my head) over his 3 and a bit seasons evidences this.

larry_david

There was a 15 min spell where I thought dabo was injured, he was way off it. But then he had thay burst when he chipped it over his man and got past him, was much like the Dabo we thought we had in league 1

My only issue with Bidwell is attacking, he isn't a player to take a man on and every single cross is a floater!

shmmeee

He was solid defensively but off the pace a lot going forwards and didn’t get into the positions he does now.

lifeskyblue

I like Bidwell. Doesn’t do anything fancy just sets out to win the battle with his opposing player (and more often than not does). Solid defensively, rarely pushed off ball or out muscled and although not the greatest attacking lwb he does often provide an outlet higher up the pitch.
Last night on a few occasions he also covered the inside of Panzo.

Pezza

Defensively very decent, going forward he is poor. He is a left back, not a left wing back.

pusbccfc

Dabo getting lots of praise on Bristol City forum.

The whole defence last night were solid. The issue was the link between defence and attack being near non-existent.

Users who are viewing this thread